LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Friend Dies of Suicide

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friend Dies of Suicide
Thyme2heal
Member # 15767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thyme2heal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend just shot himself the other day..went to the funeral and found out he suffered from neuro lyme..

Im so disheartened. Do you think Lyme could be the cause???

Posts: 17 | From All over Maryland | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry about your friend. I can't remember where I read this, but I remember reading that 22% of Lyme patients successfully commit suicide and many more make attempts.

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry about your friend. I think Keebler has given you some very excellent information regarding Lyme and suicide. [group hug]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this.

Yes, it is disheartening, there's no getting around that fact.

I hope you can remember all the wonderful things that made your friend special.

Please don't dwell on the fact that Lyme may be responsible for his actions.

Lyme wins enough of the battles; don't let it win the war.

Please accept my sincerest condolences on your loss.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suicide is the leading cause of death in lyme patients.

I'm so sorry.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, no, i am so very sorry for your loss....

was he under treatment? did he have support? had he ever come to this board?

again, condolences...

i bet he was a nice guy...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your loss. Yes Lyme can do this.

I do pray the tide is turning and soon this will

not happen to any more patients for any reason.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thyme, i'm so sorry for your loss and that of this dear family ....

as time permits would you ask this family if melanie reber can add his obituary to her LYMEMEMORIAL.ORG web site above? thanks....

my sympathy poem collection to help comfort you and this family ....

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=014207

12.07 from COBWEB CAROL; LOSS OF A LOVED ONE! this website for any who may need comfort during this Holiday Season:

www.compassionatefriends.org

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jtavares76
Member # 19216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jtavares76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers go out to you...I am sorry for your loss.

JT

Posts: 72 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme can also cause depression by itself, not just the treatment, insurance, and other problems that can be so overwhelming. It can also be a neuropsychiatric illness, which can make people more vulnerable and less able to cope with the huge challenges of having this disease.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flyinpiker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flyinpiker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are and their family are in my thoughts.

It just isn't right.

All of this.

Posts: 101 | From Living in the Now | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thyme,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and their family as well.

Lyme can do such a number on us both physically and mentally.

I know your friend is in a better place.

God bless you!

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement