LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Horrible Twitching in Temples

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horrible Twitching in Temples
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last few days my temples on both sides of my head have started twitching badly. It's driving me insane. I was on 1,000 mg Ceftin for 6 days and now moved to 1,000 mg of Cefzil for another 5-6 days. Cefzil seems to be more powerful that Ceftin basee on my reaction.

I'm taking slow-mag and other forms. It's doing nothing. I can't think straight like this. It's terrible.

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to help it?

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bncrump
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bncrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how much help I can be but...

I first had twitching in my temples 8 years ago, while taking Cipro, then Levaquin. I think I had Lyme then and it was a herx. I didn't have a diagnosis though.

Since then, the twitching has progressed to all over my body...at random times. Over the years, it just got worse and worse.

If you are treating Lyme, maybe it is just a herx and will get better with extended treatment. My treatment was for bronchitis and only for a few days. My Dr stopped the meds after my temple symptoms and told me I was allergic to the meds.

I don't think I am allergic to quins at all...just had a herx.

Just wanted to share! Good luck!

Posts: 114 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobokinite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hobokinite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get that. If it is muscles or nerves, Magnesium should help.

I get it where I believe it's from my pulse points or blood vessels, which would be adrenals.

Posts: 462 | From Newnan, GA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EyeBob
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EyeBob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly do not mean any disrespect, but of all the symptoms that Lyme and tick-bourne illnesses can cause, twitching is among the least problematic. Nothing is being damaged and it's not predictive of an anomaly. It may mean you have Lyme, or it may not for that matter (plenty of people get twitches that do not have Lyme).

Why all the concern. Sure it's distracting, but is it more than that? Is it painful? Wait it out. As your Lyme get's better, the twitches will too.

Don't add stressing about twitches to the other Lyme-related stressors.

bt

Posts: 299 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to agree with Bob. A twitch, in fact incessant twitching of my left eye especially, while a nuisance, is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I watch twitches all over my body everyday. They don't hurt, don't stop me from doing anything, and are really just a novel thing compared to everything else.

feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm concerned more for a bigger reason. I started Marnie's 'Magic 5' three days ago (actually all 5 for the first time t0day). Crap has hit the fan. I feel absolutely horrible and am kind of scared.

I am having a lot of breathing issues, severe anxiety, twitching, fatigue, tingling and more. The symptoms are much more severe than I recall before. I'm sweating like mad. Not sure what to do.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! cut back on the dose? What mg. did you decide upon? Did you add the arginine last? Is that what set you over the edge (arginine)?
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand how the twitching in the temple area would concern you. It feels like your brain is twitching or something... very creepy.

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Yes, Arginine set me off big time and was the last of the supplements I took. I'm on low doses of most stuff and 900 mg L-Arginine (1/2 dose). The other supplements are ina combined formula of 500 mg L-Lysine, 300 mg L-Proline, 1,000 mg Vit c with Quertin, and some amount of green tea extract.

I also started Cefzil 2 days ago. It's a cephlosporin. I handle Ceftin OK. COuld be this drug. You never can tell. The beathing problems are too much though.

I had to pop a xanax today as I had nearly a full panic attack and I NEVER pop a Benzo ever. I would've had to call 911 otherwise. I was at the point of no return.

feelfit
Member # 12770

Yikes! I know how awful that is. I also know that you avoid the benzos, so it had to be bad.

I thought that it might have been the arginine, just a hunch based on some reasearch and the NO/OONO theory that I mentioned before.

You are right. Could be the new script too. Or it could be that this every 5 day stuff is really revving the critters up.

If I did the "magic five", I would eliminate the arginine based on what I have read about chronic fatigue....I could be wrong, but that is what I would do.

I hope that you feel better, how are you now?

Feelfit

seekhelp
Member # 15067

I wish I knew if Arginine caused some of the issue Feelfit. I remember you warned me. Too many variables, but I'm not ready to repeat this again yet. lol. I PMed Marnie for her thoughts too. She said go SLOW. This could all be a freak coincidence. I need to know how many others here are trying this 'magic 5' and their experience so far. I wish more would speak up and soon.

I still feel very bad, but not as horrible as at that moment. I am having major air hunger still, leg tingling and sweating like a storm. I feel like a neuro mess. It's scary as you well know.

Xanax sure didn't take away many symtoms unfortunately. It reduced my anxiety from 10 to sn 8 with 0.25 mg.

I fear there is no way out of this tunnel based on my reaction to meds/supplements.

Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband had ocular herpes, and is not supposed to take arginine supplements. Maybe it's herpes related??

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Seek,

.25 xanax isn't a lot for a big guy. Maybe .50 would get you down to a managable 4-6. Again, my 2 cents.

I always fight/fought the benzos until my symptoms were so bad that I would do anything for some relief....I still wait until things are bad to take anything....don't really know why I have this war with myself.

You are right about the variables. Hard to tell what is the cause.

I only hope that you are able to get through without too much discomfort.

Keep us posted.

Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eye-Bob~ I find your post interesting.

I have leg spasms in both legs constantly.

It was refreshing to read that although a nuisance, something to not get to upset about.

I am thinking I have MS from my lyme infection, but I have read in the "search" it is a common symptom.

I feel like a can save a lot of money going from different neuro guys to have them tell me, just live with it.

It really isn't painful, but pretty, pecking annoying.

May go away on it's own? Anyone have this for a while and have it go away.

Am taking Magnesium, Epsom salt baths, leg massages.

Had blood work drawn and all electrolytes and everything else if fine.

So if I make friends with it and not stress this is the best way to deal with it?

I could do that. Thanks

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eye-Bob~ I find your post interesting.

I have leg spasms in both legs constantly.

It was refreshing to read that although a nuisance, something to not get to upset about.

I am thinking I have MS from my lyme infection, but I have read in the "search" it is a common symptom.

I feel like a can save a lot of money going from different neuro guys to have them tell me, just live with it.

It really isn't painful, but pretty, pecking annoying.

May go away on it's own? Anyone have this for a while and have it go away.

Am taking Magnesium, Epsom salt baths, leg massages.

Had blood work drawn and all electrolytes and everything else if fine.

So if I make friends with it and not stress this is the best way to deal with it?

I could do that. Thanks

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me! What in the world makes people think that muscle twitches are merely a nuisance and should be dismissed?!

Muscle twitches and myoclonus are serious sx's and are indicative of deep nervous tissue infection and if let go long enough, can lead to permanent damage! My "nuisance" twitches graduated to myoclonus so severe that it knocked me out of bed.

Please make your LLMD aware of your new symptoms no later than your next visit, or sooner. If they continue and don't let up, please contact dr.'s ofc right away!

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange-......For me it was the other way around.....started out with real bad myoclonic jerking that develpoed into rapid twitching.

Now mainly between and around the eyes and eyelids.

VERY irritating also companied by palsy to a varying degree.

I have had it for 3 years. Magnesium does NOT help.

I agree this is nervous tissue inflammation primarliy and not lack of magnesium.

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had muscle twitching for 3 years also and it improved slightly and then I added magnesium and now it seems worse again. So I'm not sure that mag makes one bit of difference.

I haven't had it necessarily in the temples but in all kinds of other strange places on my body. It is very annoying, but I have never considered that it might be that serious. I just assume it is one of the many lyme symptoms we must deal with.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

I don't think that anyone meant harm or to minimize anyones symptoms or suffering Ping...sorry if you read some posts here that way...

a lot of our sx are nerve related. Esp when this poision gets into the CNS. Twitching for me has been less bothersome than other nerve issues.

I apologize if my comment offended. I can't judge someone elses torment and did not mean to minimize SEEKHELPs discomfort in any way.

ping
Member # 6974

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no problemo, feelfit. I'm not angry, I just want seekhelp to actually seek help for this.

ping

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
I don't know if the Cefzil or Magic 5 supplements brought me to hell yesterday. I needed a break from all supplements/meds today to re-assess. .....I need more consistency in my treatment plan and direction. .....I'm going to talk to my LLMD next month and lay it all out and hope for the best. Something needs to change. [Frown] FYI, my LLMD is not the one directing the med change rotation. Too many chefs in the kitchen I think. I need more confidence the chefs I work with are the right ones and have a real plan.

I don't know where to go from here. I'm re-assessing this whole thing in my mind.

Oh, I couldn't agree with you more, seekhelp! I had to stop everything and restart more than once during the 7 year reign of Lyme-terror in my life. The more rx's, supps, herbs, etc. that I had in there, the muddier the waters got.

You're the one who has to live in your body. I sincerely hope you find the program that's right for you. Be prepared to fight to get it. (Unfortunately, I've found this is usually the case.)

ping

--------------------
ping

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement