LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New forum/section on Lyme Net? Did you know about this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New forum/section on Lyme Net? Did you know about this?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they've got me stumped.

I wrote a post earlier to let folks know the date of the ILADS and LDA conferences...

And I was just informed that the topic was moved to a different section on the board.

This was after people posted to it... so I am letting others know in the event they wanted to check back.

The weird part is... it was moved to a section called "Lyme Disease Association".

????

Now I've been here for 125 years it seems... and never once have I noticed we even had a section called "Lyme Disease Association".

Has anyone ever seen or used that section before?

Or did I just miss seeing it all these years?

Anyhow, the post is there if anyone needs the medical conference dates.

????

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... now I AM really confused.

I just noticed this.

The topic that I was told was moved is still here but it has been closed by a moderator?

AND another copy of it is on this Lyme Disease Association section??

What's up with this?

????

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[dizzy]

Moderators??

Any reason?

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heres your topis in that big over used forum hahaha

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/7/40

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, but, but, but.....

Even worse...

I took notes on a conference call last night so I could post updates about the ILADS/LDA medical conferences for folks...

And I just realized that when the post is in no man's land over there, regular people are NOT allowed to post on the topic.

Even the one who started the post!

So I can't update the info!!

HUH?

And the one I posted in the Medical Section is locked.

HELLO?

???

And VERY funny TREE!!!

I'll need to get a coat to visit the long lost tundra out there in that no man land section to find my post.

Got one to lend me?

[lol]

And yes Siz.... I agree!

????

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

ping
Member # 6974

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
Now I've been here for 125 years it seems...

Could it be that we have the oldest living Lymie here? [bow]

Don't you hate it when the Moderators move your stuff while they're herxing? [loco]

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tin Cup,

I like reading EVERYTHING you write so when your missing post and replies are found, I will be eager to read them!

We need you! You are our source of up-to-the-minute Lyme news! [Cool]

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not on the page of "Questions & Discussions" but if you go to bottom of page it is listed in the "hop to" category.

I would never have gone there except reading this thread I happened to try it.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is crazy! I would have never found your post without Treepatrols link.......Huh? I know that I'm not that cognitively challenged.....

What gives?

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
email lou b; he's back!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See Tincup, this is what happens when you go around threatening to shoot old grey mules with paintball guns!

But no, I didn't know about the new place either.

Not that I'm very up to the minute on much of anything....

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

You all make me laugh!

[lol]

I kinda feel like a 5 year old that got caught pulling some little girl's hair and for doing so I was sent to stand in the corner alone.

HA!

I don't mind so much (anymore) having my posts moved... but geeze!

Can it at least be on this planet and can we have transportation provided (or at least be reimbursed at $ .55 per mile) so we can go visit it once in a while?

hehehe

Even folks in jail get closer contact with the outside world than that poor defenseless post got.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've been around 125 years, some pharmaceutical company is going to market Lyme as an anti-aging therapy!

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
btmb03
Unregistered

Hey Tincup, I'm unable to respond to your post in the LDA forum but to answer your question as to "who is going to MD", my answer would me "ME!" as long as they can move my bed on pulleys the way Frida (Selma Hayek) did in the movie with the same name!! [Smile]
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its only one day? how do you sign up-whats the address? who is speaking ? is there a campground near by????

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too funny!

"Don't you hate it when the Moderators move your stuff while they're herxing?"

I couldn't stop laughing.

I noticed that "new" section about a week or so ago, said what the heck is this and clicked on it and there was nothing in it? [bonk]

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's ridiculous! Glad you pointed out that we have a new forum no one is ever going to use.... unless we're "forced" to ... [Big Grin]

Also glad to hear that someone around here is older than me! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

it's ALWAYS been there but used only by lou b for NJ meeting notices and about their support group. i used to click on it and found out that way.

only moderators could post there from last time i ever was there. for what it's worth...

i noticed your post somewhere where someone CLOSED it also...

did you email lou b? what did he say?

Tincup
Member # 5829

I'll reply with some LDA details for kayak and others soon.

Gotta run right now.. a hoe is calling me.

A garden hoe that is.

You silly thing!

[Big Grin]

BG, no, I don't want to bother the moderators on the holly day.

They may eventually see this and maybe can help... when they have time.

No emergency.

If they don't see it, I'll just keep posting the info in Medical until each person here sees it, one member at a time.

[lol]

Happy 4th of July to all!

God Bless America!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TinCup,

I guess your posts are really from "The Moon" now!

Seems they are somewhere out in space.

Maybe post these updates in General Support.

They are about General Support, right?

I wish I could come.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement