LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone ever get better....YES!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone ever get better....YES!!!
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang,

i have quite a story for you....i hope it lifts a few of you up. It certainly did for me. Little background....i'm the guy who ran the Lyme Support 5k in May and put it on Youtube...since then i've run another one...but to be honest i have had a pretty good set back in the past 2 weeks.

Change in meds...i guess i needed i because it instantly laid me out...no excercise for ten days. symptoms from 11 months ago...you know the deal.

Anyway....up early Wednesday morning...getting gas and a woman walks over and introduces herself..i thought it was lyme moment as i did not recognize her...she proceeds to tell me that she saw my video and lived the same thing 15 years early...over a year of treatment Iv and the such....she found my video inspiring but said it also made her angry to know nothing had changed in 15 years.

She is medical writer and wrote on the topic while she was sick.....so of course i'm not hearing anything she told me other than she has been symptom free for 15 YEARS!!!!!!

i asked why she was not helping to the fight the battle with her writing...she said it was way to painful an expierence and just doesn't want to go there.

I think that confirms what a lot of people say on here.....anyway just to repeat she has been symptom free for 15 years!!!!

can you imagine this conversation at 6:50 am with a complete stranger....i won't lie i had tears in my eyes all morning. after herxing hard for 8 days this person was an angel sent from above.

Keep the Faith and Keep Believing we will all get better,

Dave

Happy 4th of July ..God Bless the USA!!!

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave I am only going to read your posts from now on [Big Grin]

NICE!!

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool....you know how lousy i have been feeling the last two weeks...makes me wonder how coincedental these things are.....i'm convinced they are not.

Dave

--------------------

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hope4sofia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hope4sofia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for this. I need hope.

I noticed you tested negative and had to be diagnosed cinically initially. That also encourages me as I just got my tests back - all neg. My LLMD is convinced it's Lyme and wants me to do at least 4-6 months of treatment to see if there is any improvement.

Thank you. We all need positive reinforcement.

--------------------
Sofi

Posts: 150 | From Northern California | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dave for sharing that most poignant experience! [Smile]
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soozeeque
Member # 21059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soozeeque   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Dave! That did lift me a bit. I've been herxing and trying to adjust to changes in meds. Now doc has me back on doxy and rifampin at the same time. Rifampin really makes me feel sick. Doc wants me on it until Aug 6. :-(

--------------------
Suzanne Tall

Posts: 2 | From Vermont | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dave for the Lift. It gives me hope that my daughter will get better.

Best of luck to you and thanks for posting.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wonko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your 2nd 5 K!
Posts: 455 | From Was in PA, then MD, now in the Midwest | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the encouraging post. Yes, I agree that was no coincidence.
Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!!

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

Thank you for the post, it gives a lot of us hope that it can happen!

Good luck on your next 5K. [Smile]

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymephobic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymephobic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dave!

No coincedences...only one master plan from above!

Have a Great 4th!

Posts: 193 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonsnotlymes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonsnotlymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, I am so sorry for your relapse. You will get through this one, too. It'll be much easier this time around! Take care.
Posts: 103 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm right there with the others.....no coincidence.

Bet it was like a bright ray of sunshine breaking through a cloudy day.

Hang in there!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6167 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Thanks everyone....glad that was helpful...this new combo is still kicking my butt. Week 2 not as bad as week 1 but that is like saying that this rusty nail in my eye doesn't hurt as much as the rusty axe in my head....stuck on this protocal until late august...going to be a rough summer i fear.

Keep the faith,

Dave

--------------------

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad to hear this but am also disappointed that this woman has not been around to tell us her story. Since she went through this so long ago it was likely pre-Internet times, so maybe that's why.
Whatever the lesson, it just goes to show that a LOT of ill folks get better and then just get on with their lives! yeah!

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's really awesome. I'm sorry too that she's not out telling her story.

Dave.. would you post your youtube video again? I never saw it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Lymetoo...as per your request....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rej6hElyBRA

Dave

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement