LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bite me, Dr. Mike!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bite me, Dr. Mike!
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While recovering from salmonella poisoning (turkey leg is the suspect), I was intrigued to watch a show I've never seen before:

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bite_Me_with_Dr_Mike

It was a very interesting episode focusing on VietNam and covered a wide range of topics: liver flukes, tapeworms, various nasty insects...

See if you can catch it. There were lots of interesting facts therein, e.g., the statement that certain flukes on fish can be ingested by humans...and cause liver CANCER. I was shocked!

Any way, the host is a virologist and a bit nutty; in a crazy and entertaining kind of way. You'll see.

[Eek!]

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's a fluke in fish?? explain please ...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are parasitic worms. Try putting lemon juice

on a piece of raw fish and let it sit a while and you will be amazed what may come out of it.

For those of you who eat sushi, you may never eat it again!

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm going to barf. I have never, nor will I ever, eat sushi.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh, nothing raw for me. puke.....

ya know i keep wondering how all these people let these awful bugs and insects crawl on over them, they go in these dirty, filthy waters, and don't get parasites or bugs or something.

i wouldn't even go to these countries let alone go wading out in these places.

i think they've got rocks in their heads....or maybe bugs.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, my dad was stationed in Japan back in the 60s, and the natives flat out warned him against eating anything raw or undercooked.

They said it would definitely make someone not used to the diet and culture very sick.

I never did understand the whole eating raw fish deal anyway.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting observations indeed. But wait! There's more! On TV, that is... [Wink]

Monsters Inside Me -- Animal Planet

http://animal.discovery.com/invertebrates/monsters-inside-me/parasites/

It's interesting to see these new shows, seemingly coming out at the same time.

--------------------

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kylasrain
Member # 12031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kylasrain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Medical questions?

--------------------
http://kylahikeson.blogspot.com

Posts: 97 | From CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The medical question could be

"Are parasites and worms invading our bodys and making us sick?

www.lymephotos.com

They play a MAJOR part in Lyme disease.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann Louise Gittleman (famous for the Fat Flush book) wrote a very good book on parasites, if I recall the title corrrectly - "Guess Who Came to Dinner."

She estimates 85% of the North and South American population have parssites. They are not just from "dirty" countries. They are opportunistic, just as lyme is.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Babesiosis was in last night's episode of "Monsters Inside Me," and I thought they did an excellent job of profiling the patient's story!

--------------------

Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Just bumping this up, I referred to it tonight in another topic...

--------------------

MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
monters inside me did episode on malaria as well, showed how critically ill the lady infected was and the 48hr re-currance of fevers.......this is what i had, 2-3 day pattern of fevers when LLMD decided to tx for babs

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement