LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Awful scary feeling after eating anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Awful scary feeling after eating anyone?
katc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have strange, paralyzing feelings after eating? I have been tested for everything.

Sick for over 16 years

Have had periods where I have been ok. Then relapse.

Tested positive per CDC for Lyme and I am psitive for Bartonella.

Never had treatment.

Too many symptoms to list.

My ? is that I have had episodes where I just know something is wrong.

I get this undescribable feeling. Scary.

Legs get weak sometimes painful.

I get "paralyzed"for a short period of time. I can't swallow, breathe, feels like pressure all through me. Jaws lock up. Scary as heck.

I don't what this is. I just got a biopsy also for celiac. I though u either had it or not.

The doc said, well, you have the beginnings of it. If u want to follow a celiac diet u can. That made no sense to me.

Another weird thing... a lot of times when I eat I get this ffeling in my neck like someone has there hands around it. My ears are full of pressure, can't clear throat.

I thought maybe it was an allergy. I was tested onm skin and by blood...nothing food related came back.

I have had so many symptoms over the years. I have had headaches I thought would kill me, loss of feelings in legs, arms, face, etc..

Nothing has scared me like this is... no one can help me. If anyone has any ideas on this please let me know.

I can't find anyone who has had these reactions.

Thank you

Posts: 117 | From Winston Salem NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have the problem you do after eating, but I do have the feeling of being choked (to death, in my case). I also have the air pressure in my head and ears feeling , and a gummy lump in my throat.

I attribute these symptoms to Babesia.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
btmb03
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katc, forgive my Lyme brain - but did you say you were "CDC positive for Lyme and bartonella" but that you haven't had any treatment?

If so, why not? What has prevented you from seeking an LLMD? Not being nosy, just concerned. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have the feeling of being choked, not neccessarily after eating.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might have Bells Palsy of the gut(paralysis)I have it and it can cause some scary feelings.

Google Virgina Sherr who is a doctor who wrote a very informative article on this.

Sorry you are suffering with this,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in NC... doctors here told me my reults must be false positive and there's no way I could have had Lyme all these years.

I am seeing a new ID doctor whom does believe in Lyme and bartonella, waiting on lab results. He took 23 viles of blood.

I am just really concerned over this paralysis thing. I forgot to mention it has happened 2 other times not attributed to food.

It happened after a bee sting and after taking Symbicort.

I 've been stung a million times before,. I am not allergic. And if I was now, it would not have gone away, right?

It's like my body is thinking "certain things" are a threat or something.

It's not a panic attack. That much I know. I am terrified of heights, so getting on a plane or roller coatser preety much sends me in to a panic.

These episodes are NOTHING like that. Not to mention I had no reason to even have anxiety when these episodes have occured.

After them I also get dehydration symptoms. Unbelievable urination and cramping.

I am so confused by this.

Posts: 117 | From Winston Salem NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katc,

So sorry you are feeling so bad.

Hubby has had many different gastrointestinal problems from his Lyme and bartonella and babesia.

What a lot of people may not be aware of is that during the normal process of digestion blood is diverted to the stomach and liver. That means less blood is available to get to the brain. And also the vagus nerve which is one of the longest nerves in the body goes from the stomach to the brain.

One of the newest treatments for epilepsy is to implant a vagal nerve stimulator in the brain. I have read that it helps about 50 % of the people and makes the other 50% have more seizures.

Anyway, eating is one of hubby's symptom triggers. He used to start shaking and have what looked like seizures after eating. Treatment for bartonella or mycoplasma has helped with this symptom.

I would suggest that you follow the gluten free diet. You might have an intolerance to gluten which is not the same as either an allergy or actual celiac disease (which is genetic). You may have heard of lactose intolerance. It is kind of like that -- you body for some reason does not digest gluten correctly. This is fairly common in Lyme patients. The problem may possibly go away after treatment for tickborne diseases.

As for the bee sting -- actually a person can become allergic to something like that at any point in their lives.

Don't believe anyone who tells you there is no Lyme disease in North Carolina. That just is not true.

You need to be your own advocate. You know you are sick and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Good luck.

This is not medical advice, just my opinion based on hubby's experiences.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are food allergies/intolerances that do not show up on blood tests. Maybe you could try an elimination diet, eliminating all possible allergens (gluten, dairy, citrus, nuts, eggs,soy, tomatoes..I am probably forgetting something) then after a couple of weeks, reintroduce things one at a time, in small amounts, and if there is no reaction, then you can eat them again, but if there is a reaction, eliminate the food permanently.

It is unclear if you have celiac from what you describe, but if it is "beginning," then read up on what exactly has gluten in it and read labels carefully.

It is also not clear why you haven't been treated for Lyme if you test positive.

You can have more than one problem going on and there can also be some synergy so that the problems aggravate each other.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had that strange paralyzed feeling in my neck before. Can't swallow and at the same time start to get headache type pain.

It has only happened a few times but it scared me to death. To me it felt like my carotid artery was bulging and I was about to have a stroke or something.

Each time it has happened it only lasted maybe 30 seconds and then went away. Never happened while eating.

But I do 'get' the scary feeling....

--------------------
TxLymie
IgG-Negative
IgM - Postive bands 23 and 41

Other dx: 2000: Endometriosis 2009: Chronic EBV, Mycoplasma infection, HHV6, H.pylori

Posts: 297 | From Houston | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement