LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Protection from Flu with School Starting soon.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protection from Flu with School Starting soon.
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They had a flu researcher on the local news

yesterday to talk about what we can do to protect

ourselves. He said he did not know if it was going

to be a pandemic like the 1918 flu but said the

shot was close. He said the only thing we could do

was have masks on hand. He said it is airborne and

masks would prove to be the biggest prevention.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive read that the following will help against the flu:

Make sure Vit D3 levels are normal
Get adequate sleep
Sea Salt (Ive started putting 1/4 teaspoon of
pure sea salt from health food store) into 32 ounces of water. Check with your doctor first.

Here is a helpful website someone on Lymenet shared:

http://www.flu-treatments.com/

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frequent hand washing is probably one of the best ways to protect yourself. Use warm water, soap, lots of friction, rinse well.

Be aware of what you touch. Flu virus can live on surfaces for several hours. Shopping carts, gas pumps, counter tops, door handles, etc... are loaded with lots of nasty germs not just the flu virus.

Try not to touch your face. We rest our heads on our hands, touch chins, and rub eyes without even thinking about it.

If someone is coughing, try to stay at least 6ft away from them if possible. The person coughing should wear a mask. If you wear the mask you can only protect your nose and mouth leaving your eyes wide open to infection.

If people were able to stay home when they are sick then we wouldn't have to worry as much. Employers and schools should relax their attendance policies to allow more sick leave and prevent widespread infection.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
flu virus can live on metal and plastics 48 hours. Wash hands. Open public doors with paper which you discard afterwards.
Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep the immune system strong and wash hands frequently.

I take colloidal silver. I use Argentyn 23 recommended by my doctor. In addition to taking it orally, I have a spray bottle and (I work with the public) whenever someone comes in who is sniffling or coughing, I spray up my nose after they leave. I also wash my hands.

Morning Song's list is very good and I use all.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Pinelady,
Everyone here certainly has made good suggestions! I always get Sambucol. This is truly a miracle product. I always got Bronchitis if I caught so much as a slight cold, but not since taking this product. Black elderberry extract boosts your immunity anywhere between 150 to 300 percent! Taking Vitamin C daily is also a good idea.

Sincerely,
Jin

--------------------
Celiac Disease (2007)
Candida Overgrowth (2006)
Thyroid Disease (2004)
Gallbladder Disease (removed- 2003)
Fibromyalgia (2001)
Ovarian Cysts (5 in less than 10 months - 2000)
Anemia (2000)
IBS (1999)
Acid Reflux (1999)

Posts: 369 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a particular brand, dosage, and/or way--lozenge, spray, or syrup--in which to take the Sambucol that is more effective?

Same question in regard to colloidal silver.

Would the homeopathic oscillo......I forget the rest of the name...be effective too?

Thanks!

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Mortons "Sea Salt" good to use or do you have to get Sea Salt from a health food store?

Pinelady~ I read today that China is not allowing anyone into the country.

As Betty Davis said: "Hang on, it's going to be a very bumpy ride!"

I read in the "Tennesean" paper today that they may make the swine flu vaccine manditory for school children".

Oh, yikes!

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, if they try to make swine flu vaccine mandatory, I will pull my son out of school and hang what my husband says!

I'm really nervous about this year because I have just been diagnosed with Lyme and cos, I'm going back to finish my Masters, and my son starts kindergarten, so we've got a ton of factors to deal with.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Japan and China are all using the masks.

Every time there is news on them they have masks

on. They are not a stupid people but I would not

hold your breath on the US getting them. Ebay has

case lots for sale from Japan.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement