LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Update: Symptom Free 21 Months Later...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update: Symptom Free 21 Months Later...
sonicbmx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonicbmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy brothers & sisters:

It's been a while since I posted an update. I am happy to report significant improvements and I have been symptom free much of this year including a 3 month break from Abx.

In June I began (hopefully) my final 90 day round of Abx (Suprax, Zith and Flagyl). I'm herxing as expected and I feel like poop.. amazing how quickly I forgot what it felt like!

I had 2 major setbacks this year (unrelated to Lyme). MRI detected 3 bulging discs (lumbar spine) in JAN, followed by right leg issues in MAR.

Things have since improved thanks to extensive therapy (Spinal Decompression, ART, Massage, Chiro, Acupuncture).

For the record, here's a brief recap of my history: minor symptoms began Nov05 after fracturing my foot. My condition worsened Oct06 following major shoulder surgery.

Chronically fatigue and bedridden by Apr07. Self-diagnosed w/ Borrelia in Mar07... denied clinical Dx and treatment by numerous Drs for several months.

Sought LLMD in Jul07 and began treatment in Sep07.

Recent testing (Mar09) supports how I am feeling these days. I hope you all are having similar experiences or at least realize your potential and the possibilities of recovery.

i am by no means cured but i definitely have my illness under control and i'm headed in the right direction.

C3a Complement Protein: 137... (was 221 in May08). Labcorp Test #840702

C4a Level: 1759... (was 4034 in May08). Labcorp Test #857334

CD-57: 65... (was 32 in Jun07). Labcorp Test #505026

Mercury Blood: None detected... (was 5.2 in Dec07). Labcorp Test #085324

Vitamin D (25-Hydroxy): 45.2... (was 31.1 in May08). Labcorp Test #081950

I will share more of my thoughts concerning Lyme care and treatment based on my experiences in the coming days or perhaps tonight if time permits. Hopefully someone will benefit from it.

[ 07-28-2009, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: sonicbmx ]

--------------------
"The hell with Drs.. we have each other!"
My story began here:

http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=16210
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7833
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=6873

Posts: 127 | From Van Nuys, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi sonic, i've missed you [Smile]

happy for you; remembering many visits we had with you all over the country.

please post this in SUCCESS STORIES; give others going thru hell some HOPE of what you've been thru to date.

i realize you are NOT all the way, but look at far you have come from being bedridden?

thanks for posting your story and updating us sonic.

i'm much better using the cpap you encouraged me to get and what to look for; so i owe you one buddy [Smile] hugs/kisses

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful News!!!
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonix,

thank you very much.....these posts go a long way. Keep us in the loop as you progress.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
btmb03
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for posting your amazing progress. Look forward to more of your posts, in the meantime keep well and congrats!! [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happy you have made so much progress. It is very inspiring.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FunkOdyssey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FunkOdyssey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sonic: what dose of suprax are you on? And how many times daily? Do you take probenecid with it?
Posts: 195 | From Manchester, CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff S.
Member # 21361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sonic

I am new to the site and saw your post. What connection do you draw between the broken ankle, the ld diagnosis and subsequent symptoms. Thanks for a reply.

Jeff S

Posts: 43 | From Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonicbmx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonicbmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funk: Suprax dose is 400mg 1xDaily. i do not take Probenecid nor am i familiar with it.

Jeff: great question! i truly believe i've had Lyme since birth (mom cdc pos), or when a tick was removed from my scalp at age 2-3, or at any given time riding bikes in the woods my entire life.

i think my foot/ankle (fankle) incident is the straw that broke the camels back and put my immune system over the edge (trauma and inactivity).

i sat at home for 3 wks before having an x-ray thinking it was a good sprain.. all the while i was feeling crappier and crappier.

i wore a cast for 16 wks and did nothing the entire time b/c i didn't feel well. so i was inactive for at least 19 wks.

leading into the fankle, i had been sick with the flu several times that year and the previous year. each bout was worse than the last.

i also developed a history of sleeping problems (insomnia, trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep for more than 2-3 hrs, waking up smoked (more tired than when i went to sleep).

i also would go through phases in Fall/Winter when i could sleep for 10+ hrs and not feel rested or refreshed. i assumed it was b/c it was cooler and i was making up for lost time.

i'm just glad i quit pushing myself when i did. my condition began to affect my performance and i did not want to injure myself again.

hope this answers your question.
--
sonicbmx

--------------------
"The hell with Drs.. we have each other!"
My story began here:

http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=16210
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7833
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=6873

Posts: 127 | From Van Nuys, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItCantBeTrue
Member # 17151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItCantBeTrue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats and thanks for the update.

--------------------
IGM positive WB through Igenex:
18+ 31++ 34+ 41+ 66+

Posts: 61 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff S.
Member # 21361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonic, thanks for the reply.

Amazingly similar story for me. Bitten last fall (i think).

No symptoms except very light rash that Dr. blew off.

Broke my fankle (lower fibula) in February. 10 weeks recovery.

Symptoms started in May.

I am lyme aware so I got myself to the Dr.

Thanks again for all of your feedback and good luck with your recovery.

Jeff

Posts: 43 | From Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is wonderful news! Thank you so much for coming back here to let everyone know!

Would you mind posting this in the Success Stories thread?

Once these types of threads (like yours) drop off to the older pages, they are near impossible to search for later, when people want to find out if people have gotten better, and how.

The Success Stories thread is a good way to keep them all in one place and easy to find.

Here is the link:

"Success Stories"
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/15820

I hope you continue to be symptom free indefinitely! Thank you so much, again, for sharing some hope with the rest of us.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY SONICBMX

Very good news! Glad to hear you are doing so well - you were one of the first to help me out when I was first dx'd.

Very best to you,
-peedie

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement