LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » resveratrol reactions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: resveratrol reactions
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polar blast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone had a herx reaction to this herb? this herb makes my symptoms worse..anyone else?
Posts: 593 | From long island ny | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made me dizzy. No can do.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It makes your symptoms worse?
How much did you take?

I used Resveratrol when I tried Buhner's protocol.
It is a potent antioxidant.
I used Source Naturals, the brand he recommended.

I ramped up too quickly, but my results were spectacular...my brain fog cleared and I could think again.

Oh my, I had forgotten that I could think like that.

I had a pile of things that had been sitting for six months, waiting until I "got around to it."
I took care of all that paperwork, no problem.

However, I developed kidney pain, so I stopped all supplements.
My urine output was normal, so I don't know what was going on.

Someone suggested that the kidney pain might be a herx, but what kind of a herx does that?

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kidney pain can also be from high oxalates. It could be that the herb is high in this compound.

Jen

Posts: 236 | From Illinois | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had racing heart on just a fraction of a capsule. Haven't tried it since. Racing heart is not a common symptom of mine - only recently with Babs treatment, so I guess it was a herx way back then but scared me to have a new symptom come out.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"However, I developed kidney pain so I stopped all supplements."

That is exactly what happened to me on Resveratrol !! everyone told me I was crazy, and what are we supposed to do wait until we are in kidney failure? I got back poor kidney function tests until I stopped. Dam this lyme! J

Posts: 268 | From new york city | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jl123,
You are the first person I've found that had that symptom with Resveratrol.

We should trade notes.
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did nothing good/bad for me.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We should trade notes.
Carol "

Yeah I've had a few theories about this. It could be that some people literally have a high concentration of lyme or babs or such in the kidneys from the start. Or it could be that our kidneys are naturally a little weak to begin with and the die off is so large that the kidneys become overwhelmed. Or it could be elevating our immune systems which serve to trigger genetic autoimmunity we have like kidney disorders.
Another herb that really got my kidneys in pain was camu camu from the south american rain forest, no idea why or what it does to bugs?
Last theory is adrenals- anytime they are forced to work overtime that whole area around the Kidneys becomes weak and in pain. Crazy stuff, truly. jl

Posts: 268 | From new york city | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement