LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Question,Tinnitus/Hyperacusis worsening after Accident ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question,Tinnitus/Hyperacusis worsening after Accident ?
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lyme-r family >>>>>,

As some know, I fell a week and half ago, working w/my dog. Tinnitus/Hyperacusis/Repeating song phrases in my ears [not sure what that is called], is worsening greatly.

I have been doing very low dose of Buhner protocol -Andrographis, Resveratrol,
Cats Claw {which I take daily as maintenance anyway}
, and Sarsaparilla [to ease herx reactions per Dr. Buhners book].

I use -Oregano in Olive oil- caplets [also on- going maintenance].And garlic capsules, Probiotics[ refrigerated acidophilus], cinnamon capsules ,B-12,D-3 etc.

Since my accident, when I fell/was sat down very hard on the back steps rather suddenly.The tinnitus etc, is worsening big time...

***The question is...is this a herx possibly, and the fall is making it worse???***

I am also fighting an ongoing headache [since accident, did not hit my head just jarred the spine and all of myself...Ouch...].

-While on Rocephin IM Injections [late '06 early '07],I had the tinnitus/ noises-music repeating/echoing something fierce.- So I am wondering about the herx bit?

Any tho'ts/ideas for an inexpensive help to ease this...?

I do take a few prescription meds[ Metformin ,Diovan,and now *Lipitor* , and have checked for problem interactions w/ the herbals...so not sure,as I haven't found any serious issues.

**[Lipitor challenge,I am off of it,after only a few doses, for extreme fatigue and muscle pain/weakness...

will start again next week and see if the same problem occurs...had issues w/ Crestor and had to stoptaking it.]**

I've had *tinnitus since 1994, after flu like illness ,*it never goes away...

Sorry, am scattered today,more than normal... tho'ts/ ideas to help???

[ I also use Co-Q-10,trying to find things that work t get cholesterol in check w/out the bad side effects,I don't have the cholesterol numbers ..but it wasn't very good ].

Just Silverwolfi here...wishing for a few moments of delightful silence... and then pleasant noises like birds chirping,and the breezes whispering thru the trees!!!

BBL...off to start my day...[ maybe I should be called Silverwolf of Echo-land...or something... OWOoooWooOOOwoooooo-oofdah

[ 07-29-2009, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One bump up...

Any info' would be greatly appreciated, trying to puzzle out if it is meds/herbals related, and/or if maybe falling and getting such pronounced jarring is the issue...

I'm sure I'm 'bout as clear as mud today!

Silverwolfi of Echoland

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

??? ??? ???

Please,Ideas ??? Tho'ts ???

Oh dear, maybe am I invisible???

Hellooo ??? ??? ??? ???

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Kalli
Member # 21536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am concerned that all this began following your fall. If you have a GP I would strongly recommend going in and explaining your symptoms.

Also, is it worse in one ear?

Have you ever had any problems with your ears besides those listed above (burst ear drum, etc...)

Are you a swimmer?

How is your balance?

Do you get motion sick easily?

Have you had any hearing tests (audiogram, tympanogram, ABR, etc...)

Is the hyperacuity only present in certain frequencies, or all the time?

Do your ears seem to adjust (pop) normally with altitude change?

I ask all these questions because there could be many causes to your symptoms.

Good luck you can respond to me with the answers if you would like, or discuss them with your Dr.
K

Posts: 4 | From Orange County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Kalli >>>>>,

Thanks for the response/reply,I was beginning to think no one would answer.

I've had hearing problems since I was a child...but the tinnitus and hyperacusis has significantly worsened since I fell. It is worse in the left ear.

Right now,I ave an AC unit and fan going to keep from the heat making me feel ill...and it seems so very noisy to me.

I had the testing, Audiogram [I think], in like 97' and it was bad then. They said there was significant 'Cookie bite' type issues [a huge chunk out of the hearing except at way high or way low frequency].

Now w/ the hyperacuity problem... vibration and such from trucks, dryer,fans, and base drums/music seems extra loud.

Right ear especially, I get a high pitched squeaky ball bearing sound [my dad used to do car mechanic-ing and appliance repair.]. Sometimes in the left ear.

Lately I've been getting more higher pitched [rt.ear worse]buzzing noises too,in both ears... sorta bells,whistles, buzzer noises... AND a headache,again, darn it all...

Hmm, left ear,which was my better ear,has more of the lower tones,and rt. ear the higher... Lawzy...I just want it to stop...

Normal voice range,it is hard for me to understand folks talking,and I cannot tell how loud/soft I am talking.

I have always had to be watchful of motion sickeness,and my balance has been off for a long time...it is all worsening,since I fell.

I didn't hit my head,but the jarring was pretty rough,and I am still sprained up a bit.

I have a 'stiff feeling in my face.more right than left...which happens sometimes from meds /supplements changes...but everything has worsened since the fall.

Resting, and trying to relax,doesn't seem to be helping. ANd I have a muscle knot on the left side of my neck in the back. Had it before,but it was almost gone,finally..., showed up again w/ the accident.

So I am not sure what to think...will have TxC' figure out a time in his schedule for me to see a Dr.or Free Clinic [Clinic can be difficult to get in to]...
Thanks again for reply..Jus' the Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Kalli
Member # 21536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate to some of your difficulties. High pitched sounds such as a vacuum cleaner or the street sweeper are the most unbearable for me.

I can actually hear the street sweeper blocks away, but I have to turn my TV up so loud just to hear the conversation.

Anyways, I would still recommend seeing a Dr. even though you didn't hit your head the force of the fall may have caused your current symptoms.

Good luck
K

Posts: 4 | From Orange County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme2health
Member # 19981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf,
Sorry it took so long for so few replies.

Keebler is away from the computer right now and this is her area of expertise. Here is a very long thread on tinnitus that Keebler accumulated.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/65801/
(I hope the link works. If not do a search for tinnitus in title.)

I think brain jarring from the accident can cause a herx from my experience with whiplash.

I have tinnitus. I can get rid of it by going off meds but that isn't an option I want. I control the volume a little taking chlorella (toxin binder) and liver support by Vital Nutrients.

Good luck.

Posts: 62 | From U.S. | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Kalli and lyme2health >>>>>,

Thanks for the replies and info'!

-The vacuum noise etc. hurts, and can't hear the TV very well [ printed words put on the screen].I hear ya.-

There is a radio program TxC listens too on occasion,and the opening music is so painful,I leave the room [it is beyond annoying to me,as I find the program of interest].

Now,I'd been wondering about whiplash type effect,but wasn't sure if a sudden sit down is counted as like a thrown forward accident in a car.

Still I got a hefty jarring that's for certain...still fighting headaches.

I scanned thru the link mentioned, interesting...I'll be looking more at the info,and supplements that might help.

I do have a few things bookmarked on Tinnitus,and I think Keebler was probably the one that listed the links before.

It is good to get more info' maybe I can find the right combo of things to ease the problem...the inner noise is so wearying.

I'm going to find a Dr.,and have this checked tho' as it is worsening too much.

Thank You both,so much for the input!

Silverwolfi of Echoland

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement