LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help Translating IGeneX Results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Translating IGeneX Results
SarBear
Member # 21196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently tested positive for lyme. Here are my results ... is there a way to translate it so that I can understand what the different bands mean?
31 kDa ++
34 kDa IND
41 kDa ++
58 kDa +
83-93 kDa IND

Posts: 49 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this IgM or IgG results?

Everyone here wil say Lyme for sure no doubt. Did you ever get the Lyme vaccine in the past?

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarBear
Member # 21196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IgM, and no I have never gotten the lyme vaccine.
Posts: 49 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 31 band is very suspicious, but remember viral infections can cause this band to show too. You need a r/o test from Igenix to confirm this is not the issue.

41 and 58 IMO are not super relevant and are not the most Lyme-specific bands. IND bands may have meaning (according to some LLMDs). We need much more info such as symptoms, history, etc. to get a better picture. You've got more bands than I did when first ill though.

A good LLMD can help. I am not doc. Others can chime in and give better advice probably. I wish you the best.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarBear
Member # 21196

Okay so what does band 31 mean or represent?
SarBear
Member # 21196

Thank you seekhelp. I am just trying to wade through it all ...
seekhelp
Member # 15067

This is the best source of info on LN on this topic. Should help a lot. [Smile]

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SarBear do you have a LLMD chosen?

The people over in Seeking A Doctor can help.

I am sorry you have this; but terribly glad you know you have this.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarBear
Member # 21196

Yes I do, and while he is an EXCELLENT doctor and is VERY well educated on lyme, he is not a very good communicator. When I asked about these bands, he basically handed me a paper explaining them but I still don't understand. Are there certain bands of lyme that are worse to have than the others? Or are there like a certain number of bands that when you have them your lyme is considered "more advanced"? I hope I am making sense. I guess I am just really nervous because it seems like I have quite a few + markings ... or maybe I don't? I haven't quite figured out everything about lyme yet.
Lymeorsomething
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SarBear, you can visit the Igenex website as well. They have some good info up pertaining to their western blot test as well as the band 31 confirmation test, which, if positive, essentially rules out a cross reaction...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you have any + IGG's? I tested very positive to band 31 as well. I've heard this can also be caused from viruses unless you have other lyme specific bands. I beleive band 31 doesn't normally show up until later in the disease.

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarBear
Member # 21196

Yes I did. I have a IND on band 39 and on band 41 a ++.
kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe you do have lyme. Have you been tested for everything else? I've been told that band 83-93 is very lyme specific and is the actual DNA of the lyme!

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I do, and while he is an EXCELLENT doctor and is VERY well educated on lyme, he is not a very good communicator. When I asked about these bands, he basically handed me a paper explaining them but I still don't understand. Are there certain bands of lyme that are worse to have than the others? Or are there like a certain number of bands that when you have them your lyme is considered "more advanced"? I hope I am making sense. I guess I am just really nervous because it seems like I have quite a few + markings ... or maybe I don't? I haven't quite figured out everything about lyme yet.

Sars I figure it is like this-The bands are all

indicators in that some believe IgG is early

stage and IgM is late stage. While that being

said, treatment will be determined by your

symptoms and recovery from symptoms upon

treatment. But most will tell you, You will get

worse before you get better so that is another indicator.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sarah,

i sent you a broken up version of dr. c's explanation of western blot from top of medical to your home email; it will spell things out better, etc.

sarah,

you might ask in medical who has ADDISON'S disease and could learn more from them since that is something new to your plate to handle also [Smile]

see you later my new friend ... hugs/kisses

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troup Brazelton
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troup Brazelton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The band numbers are the weights (kDa) of the proteins that make up the disease. You've already attained what you need - a Dx and you have a doctor who will treat you for the disease he believes you have.

At this point, the proteins that make up the disease don't really matter and you need not worry about it.

Posts: 219 | From Aubur,Al. USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement