LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Families that don't ALL have lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Families that don't ALL have lyme
abbyjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbyjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, please tell me that there are families here that only one member has Lyme and not everyone.

It appears my daughter may have it now after testing neg. with Igenix a year ago.

I'm staring to think We passed it to her some how, really truly don't believe she was bit.

My husband and I already have it. I'm freaking out (happend after birth). Sorry, this is my second post. Looking for some calming words.

--------------------
abbyjo

Posts: 255 | From Southern CA. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am sorry to hear this -

you and your husband having lyme makes you more aware of the signs and symptoms

all the info you have has made you smarter

so if your little one is infected - well then you will use this knowledge to get her healthy

kids bounce back better than we do!!

take my 19 year old

most likely congenital lyme baby

not dx or tx until age 14

doing A+ in college

14 years w/out tx yet she is much much better

i hope and pray your dd does not have this

but if it turns out she does - take heart - she will get better --

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wantabe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wantabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am one of the families that only have 1 person infected-me.

I have a 9 year old, 12 year old and a great hubby.
We(or did before I got so ill) camp, hike, garden, and canoe together.

I really don't know why it is just me...but glad I don't have to see my loved ones go through this!

We did find an attached deer tick on my daughter last summer, but it was treated and she never showed signs of Lyme-Thank God!

I hope all works out for your family,
wishing you well,
Wantabe

--------------------
Lyme+ dx Dec.07
Currently: Levaquin,Cefdinir,Plaquinil,Fluconazole
Nystatin,B12 meth, nortriptyline
Ambien,Clonazepam,many supplements
Dairy, sugar, gluten free diet
infrared sauna and exercise

Posts: 235 | From Iowa | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also the only one in the family who is sick.

Prior to my getting Lymed, our lives were outdoors.

I think I was infected long before that though - in childhood.

But everyone else has certainly had many opportunities for exposure.

Wishing your daughter well...

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbyjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbyjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so so much for some encouragement. This really helps me.

njlymemom- That is awesome to hear such a great success story with your child. This really gives me a lot of hope.

cactus and wantae- Thank you for answering this post. I'm greatly relieved that not everyone in the family is sick.

Your all so wonderful, Thank you!

--------------------
abbyjo

Posts: 255 | From Southern CA. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't ALL have Lyme, but 7 out of 8 either have or had it. The one that doesn't had repeating flu symptoms for a couple months after we were all infected, but has been perfectly healthy since then. I pray he's not just harboring the bacteria.

We only have one that's really sick, probably due to the delay in diagnosis & treatment.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have six kids and only my daughter who was bitten has/had Lyme.

I think my husband might carry it but is not sick. He gets bottom of the foot pain .... which can be bart, but also can be a sluggish lymphatic system.

None of my other kids are sick at all. I had Lyme prior to being pregnant with any of them. The one who has it was not congenital .... she had an attached tick for several days.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My father and sister are healthy and do not have Lyme.

My mother has MS and may have Lyme but she's never been evaluated for it.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepperspeck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepperspeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is pcr positive, I am pcr positive.

My daughter "had" it and is now experiencing what seems to be either a re-infection due to recent tick bites or reactivation due to illness.

My son was tested via pcr (series of 10 tests blood and urine) about 5 years ago and was never positive. (I know that this does not mean he is not carrying the bacteria).

He is overall healthy with some minor issues that could be lyme related, and I can't help but worry that he is a time bomb like my daughter.

One important thing to mention is that just this summer alone, I have removed over a dozen ticks from them. (As soon as they come in from outside, it is tick check time)

So, even though we are all probably positive, there have been many, many tick bites for all of us.

At least if she is positive, you will treat sooner rather than later. It should be easier and there will not be so entrenched in so many parts of the body.

Even though my daughter is so sick, I am still hoping to hear that the llmd does not feel her issues are lyme related. I just do not want that for her. So, I feel for and with you. Hugs.

--------------------
I found my original identity! It has been a bit over 12 years...can't blame me for forgetting my password, right?!!

Member red (Member # 1886)
70 posts

Posts: 164 | From NJ | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it 12 years ago.
I have it a second time.
I have seen ticks on me, but never have been aware of a bite.

My husband who works in the mountains and has had numerous tick bites is as healthy as the day he was born.

My mother, whose dogs pick up the ticks that crawl onto her, has had several tick bites. She is almost 84 and in better shape than most of us!

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement