LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » To Betty G or Moderators - Regarding MEPRON WARNING! Please Read THANK YOU

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To Betty G or Moderators - Regarding MEPRON WARNING! Please Read THANK YOU
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. It has come to my attention now a couple of times that people are really NEEDING to know about the MEPRON BLUES and what it is and how to be warned about its sudden onset and to immediately stop the med if they feel depressed.

The thing is that it is usually quite a rapid onset within a couple days you are saying.. to yourself "this is NOT Me" and it is scary.

Please read the "MEPRON BLUES" post for the past couple of days.

I had a concern about the most recent suicide and there was another person today who posted that it could have been the thing that saved her today!!!

Is there a way we can POST something at the TOP OF THE PAGE and keep it there for everyone to always see and new people to read and know and share.

I was lucky enough to have been warned so when it hit I knew what to do. If I had not and I thought I just was having some other problems.. I may not be here myself. IT is that severe and that extreme for some people.

Even so.. For me.. ONe person is enough to save..
And how sad if the drug induced it and you did not know and you kept taking it and taking it and then asked for anti depressants and they did not help. THinking you were doing the right thing but all along..each dose making you feel deeper into dispair.

Please help me get this to the right person who can put this up on the top of the forum or if you want to rewrite it as a warning or notice??

THANK YOU BETTY

SO Much

Spring

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a good idea. Mepron can induce a powerful depression in users, and patients are not always warned by their doctors about this side-effect.
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyjk4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a GREAT idea.

I'm the person Spring saved today - I've been extremely depressed lately without knowing why.

I actually considered deliberately overdosing on Methadone, but thought about my kids and my husband.

The bottle was in my hand and I was thinking about it, but in a detached sort of way.

When my son called me, I realized what I was doing.

A little bit later, I saw the post about mepron causing depression and I knew what was happening.

I called my dr and he took me off the mepron immediately.

I happened to miss yesterday's dose anyway, so I've gotten a bit of a head start in getting back to normal - two doses missed in a row.

Please warn people of the danger involved!

I'm still crying over how close I came to ending my life and destroying the lives of my loved ones.

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

Posts: 330 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Betty comes on later at night..

I will watch out for her and bump this up...

I am // as I am sure everyone else is glad you are here and did not take that step.

KNow what. You wrote you feel like you were detached. That is how I Felt too. I would just stare off like i was not in my body and I was thinking about how i would love for it to be all over. And it was like I was already 1/2 way there because I was detached like that.

Not a good thing and scary that a drug can induce this.. IT is NOT our fault!...

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Springshowers,

For future reference, the moderator links are right above on the main page. Look under the blue 'Medical Questions'.

You can send a private message from there and provide the link to whatever is in question for them to look at.

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi there [Smile]

on library pc since mine is down for 2 wks; hopefully getting back this friday.

yes, please copy this link and send to JENIFER, moderator; lou's off right now.

fyi, i'm NOT a moderator; just very involved in helping folks; i agree ... no time to read this but ask that it be posted to top of MEDICAL.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nellypointis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nellypointis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been saying this for YEARS!

People used to always be so scared of using Lariam because of reports of bad mood swings, suicides or violent behaviours, murders even.

I have taken atovaquone (Mepron), artemisinin and Lariam and they ALL caused terrible mood swings/crying bouts and feeling suicidal.

I always said it was treating the Babesia (or whatever else you are infected with) that is causing the problems. IMHO, Mepron is no safer or no worse than the other anti-protozoals
Nelly

Posts: 416 | From france | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

I disagree with Tosho.. Only because I have felt this Mepron Side affect and I have felt the feeling of die off.

NOt even close to the same. This is some brain chemistry changes of some sort.

Also becauase you can stop the med and in the time of the Half LIfe the Depression lifts that also is important.

When you have been through it you know ... and it is not even a question for yourself. Everyone is different and some may not have this side affect. I had been takng the drug for a good 4months..
ANd Bamb.. It hit in a couple of days.

Either way.. This Drug seems to be one that has a special onset and manner that makes people very depressed and abruptly so and ... deeply..

It can happen so fast so I think it is important to keep this posted somewhere.

THANKS for the comments and support and... I have now heard already from a few people who feel very strongly this helped them in a tremendous way.

THe other drugs that cause issues seem to be a little more slower onset and more things like anxiety and such.. Things you can get to your doctor and talk about etc.

Thanks Nelly...

I have been on other anitprozoans that have not done this to me.. so .. its all interesting that is for sure...

I will send this off to Jennifer..

SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard anything about this...thanks much for the info...so very important.
Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just jan
Member # 16285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just jan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. I am still reeling from the depression

of Mepron. I have never ever ever felt this

much despair in my life. It is not subsiding and

I am off Mepron for 3 weeks now. Has anyone

else had it last this long?

Blessings,

Just Jan

--------------------
I used to be marblenose but my lymebrain could not remember what email account I used to sign in so now I am just jan...
bit in 1994 diagnosed in 2004 I have tried every anbx and alternative known to personkind.

NICENESS COUNTS!!

Posts: 61 | From orange county new york | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyjk4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jan - how long were you on the Mepron?

I was only on it for about two weeks.

I've been off since Monday night, and I'm starting to feel better.

Still sad, but not suicidal.

I hope you feel better soon.

Btw, I'm on an anti-depressant, so that's probably making a difference with me.

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

Posts: 330 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

THANK YOU for posting the Mepron Thread and I hope it indicates the seriousness of what can happen while taking it for some.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement