LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » SOS for a dear friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOS for a dear friend
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this should be in seeking a doctor, but it is so urgent that I'm posting it also in Medical.

Some of you will remember me, some of you may not. I was a permanent fixture on Lymenet for a few years and have been well enough for over a year to 'let go' and enjoy my pretty normal life now.

However, got in touch with an old friend on Facebook. Long story short. She lives on Long Island. Has been sick about 12-13 years. All the usual sx that may indicate tickborne diseases: sweats, fevers, electric feeling shocks, insomnia, depression, fatigue, now losing feeling in pinkie fingers on both hands, severe stiffness.

She has already been tested for "everything" by non-LLMD's and they have found NOTHING....usual story.

The reason it's extra urgent to find an LLMD to check for Lyme/Babs, Bart asap, is that she's in the process of selling her house and moving back to Sweden where she's originally from. She's already sent her children to live with her grandparents in Sweden and so it's like on the "eve" of her leaving, it dawns on her it might be Lyme disease and so it is urgent she gets in with a good LLMD pronto, before her house is sold and all her posessions in the USA and she has nowhere to stay or she would have to fly back to the states maybe as soon as she gets back to Sweden......so it would be perhaps more than she can physically handle (schlepping back and forth across the atlantic so soon) and costly.

SO, PLEASE. MY LLMD AS FAR AS I KNOW IS NOT TAKING NEW PATIENTS, DR H IN NY. THEREFORE, AS I'M OUT OF THE LOOP THESE DAYS; PLEASE GIVE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 'THE BEST' LLMDS IN NY, CT, AND NJ ASAP. SHE IS WILLING AND ABLE TO GO 'TOMORROW' IF POSSIBLE.

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not in the area and I would also post like you said in seeking. Many research articles are coming

from Sweden so if things don't go your way, they are on it. It may be possible to contact some of them.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you some info on your post in seeking a doctor.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesNYC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesNYC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately most LLMDs are way booked up. But cancellations are always possible.

There are lots of LLMDs in the Tri-state area, but I don't know how many are "good".

I have read that the European MDs are far ahead of the US in understanding lyme. It's been a problem there longer. (Apparently the IDSA has disregarded the European's experience in their guidelines). So she might get better care there by the average MD than here.

Alternatively, she can always get the Igenex test kit (they send it out free), and get the blood drawn at MD's office, or a lab, or by a nurse (but one of the vials has to be spun in a centrifuge).

http://igenex.com/Website/

Call them for the fastest service.

That way, she can *possibly* get an idea if she has been exposed to lyme, and use that info to see a LLMD, or a MD in Europe.

I'll send you the info on my LLMD in Manhattan. But he's booking in Oct right now. (but again, cancellations are always possible).

Good luck,

James

Posts: 872 | From New York City | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey girl! It is SO nice to see that you are doing well. Huge congrats! [Smile]

Getting into anyone ASAP these days is going to be difficult at best. However, the suggestion of getting on a cancellation list is great. She can also make several apts, and get on all those lists to see who is available first... then cancel the other apts accordingly.

If you haven't already... try contacting Michael.
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement