LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cowden herbs, ending treatment, no man's land...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cowden herbs, ending treatment, no man's land...
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the subject name leaves you with no clue as to what I am asking here goes...

Has anyone had success staying in remission using Cowden herbs? They have never worked for me in the past but I am now using the imprinted Cowden herbs and have been told to stay on them for a year.

Not happy about this length of time!!!

When do you no longer feel the need to see your LLMD? I feel like if I am on herbs I don't need to keep making appts. which are so expensive.

I guess I am just tired of throwing money at this disease... On the other hand maybe its just best to stay with this until I am completely recovered and in remission for some period of time.

Any thoughts? Motivating words?

Lastly, when is it okay to have an occasional drink? I feel like I am floundering in this weird place of being better but maybe not...

Most illnesses have a much more defined start and end. And if I have a sip of my husbands drink I feel like I have done something really bad. I don't want to feel like this.

I guess I am just wanting to move on from this. Whenever a new season starts( and sadly a new year, too many have gone by at this point) I want this to be done. I want a fresh start that doesn't include Lyme.

Thanks for any input!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you can just go from one to the other in an instant, or a week or even a month. I think it is a very very gradual change from being ill to being "normal" again.

Being chronically ill for a long time has so many psychological aspects there is no way to just suddenly be in another place.

Sorry I'm not good with words right now; but I don't think you will just wake up one morning and have a fresh start. I don't think it can work that way. Not with this illness anyway.

I think that once you feel completely done with Lyme, that at that point it could take a year or two to really feel normal again. Just my opinion on how it might work.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy G.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy G.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD is putting me on some of the COwden Protocol for a time when I am off abx -- so I won't backslide. I am hopeful that I may be coming to the end of the treatment, but we all know it is SO unpredictable.

I have had an occasional glass of wine -- but just had my liver test done and one of them was elevated -- no no alcohol for the foreseeable future. Small price to pay for taking care of my liver.

--------------------
Judy G.

Posts: 122 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unsure, I was on remission with herbs, but not only Cowden. I think Buhner's were best for me. I was then on minimal doses of cats claw (powder or tincture but made of whole cats claw) and added sometimes either astragalus (I felt good on it many times) or eleutherococcus.

Later I stopped cats claw (but I took cats claw for about 2 years until I could stop it).I never stopped things like chlorella, fish oil, liver detox stuff, Rechtsregulat.

I shifted from treating lyme to treat then fungi and candida with Sanum products, because lyme was not my main issue anymore.

When lyme stops to be an issue, I started drinking some wine again (only red wine, I find white wine a bit poisoning even for healthy people).

I don't drink much beer, but I know beer has many good properties too, so I guess it is another alcohol one could add on after borrelia gets dormant. But I don't go into any stronger alchols.

So after a few months on Sanum, most fungal infections got quiet (or very much under control), and I felt more energetic. Until I got tuberculosis active in December 08. Then I fell downhill. But Bb was still dormant.

Then I decided to purchase a photon machine (PE1) to use the Bionic protocol (to see if I get rid of Bb for good, even though my Bb was then dormant). Coincidentally, my daughter got a sudden swollen knee episode a few days after my purchase, went to hospital, did a knee punction, well, it was chronic lyme.

They put her on abx, IV rocephin. I let her take it for 2 days, then pull her off abx. I used my daughter as a guinea pig for the photon therapy (because I strongly felt abx was NOT the solution). Daughter had been on abx before.

About 5 days after photons, she was sitting on her knee again, no more fever. She took NO HERBS, NOTHING to kill Bb, ONLY nosodoes through photons!!! I couldn't believe myself. And I was scared to death, because docs kept telling me I could cripple her if I pulled her off rocephin.

That made me believe this Bionic-like therapy worked for Bb. So I photooned myself, got again Bb active (I suppose, it got active because my immune system went after it?), got some lyme symptoms back, herxes, the whole ballet we already know...

But since then, no more Bb remedy ingested by mouth. I swear we don't ingest any herbs against it, nothing, neither me or daughter. It took us from around February to May to get Bb dormant again (both me and daughter). I got fungal infections on and off and continued treating with ingested Sanum remedies.

Since May, I consider we are both on remission. Sometimes I photoon myself with Bb antibodies (to clear antibodies of lyme). But this is rare (less than once every 2 months).

We are both now treating heavy metal intoxication with the KPU protocol. The reason we're doing that, is to avoid falling sick again with anything else (not only Bb), and to try not to need photon therapy against chronic lyme.

If it will work, we still don't know. But it's never bad to clean the body from these awful metals.

I believe (my belief based on me and daughter who both had chronic lyme and have been REINFECTED many times during our chronic lyme or after reaching remission a couple of times with herbs and homeopathy) that herbs and ingested homeopathics are not as SURE as photons to keep someone under remission for longer periods.

Dr. K. believes on life long supplementation of herbs for some people, to keep their Bb dormant.

I am not in remission for long now (my maximum period of remission without any treatment was 5 months if my memory is good), my daughter stayed in remission for more than a year from Bb, she mainly used herbs and homeopathics too.

When I say remission, it is full remission, without cats claw or Bb killers. We were like that before, for longer than now, only with herbs. BUT the feeling now is VERY different.

I feel so much more energetic, not only my body, but inside me. I got again my inner energy back (it took time to come) and I think I owe that to photon therapy. It never happened before the way it is now.

I have changes in the way I taste food, the way I fight for something I want, in short term memory for languages, in spatial mapping in my brain, in my ability to plan for the future (before I was only in the present), etc.

I can't say for my daughter, because I'm not in her skin to tell. She just looks a normal kid. But she looked pretty normal before too, when she reached remission with herbs.

I can just say for myself, that I believe in this photon therapy. It is still not an easy way if you are a beginner in treating yourself. But I think it is the best thing that happened to us since we caught lyme.

The great advantage is TIME. You photoon once, then you are free from Bb treatment the whole week, whole month, whole trimester, whole semester (depending on your phase) to treat SOMETHING ELSE than Bb!!

My only remedies now are fish oil, some rechtsregulat (enzymes), some milk thistle here and then, some cardamon in my tea, good food, good sun when I can, light exercises, some yoga, breathing exercises, sometimes I go into Sanum here and then or homeopathics for colds, but no more lyme treatment. Same for daughter.

We just started a preparatory treatment for the KPU, so it feels a bit more like we're on a treatment, but nothing comparable to lyme treatment with dozens of things to take a day. My lyme doc dismissed us from lyme treatment around May, we're on remission for him.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies!

Suthrngrl, I am sure it will take a while to feel removed from this. Time , Time, Time!

Judy, glad to hear you are almost done with treatment. Congratulations!!!

Brussels, I am so glad to hear you and your daughter are doing so well. It sounds like the PE1 has benefitted you both greatly.

I think it will take me a very long time to feel like I can skip supplements, eat something w/ sugar in it, have a drink etc.. because I have been dealing with this so long.

The good news is that I have started planning things and feeling confident that I will feel okay etc.. I have had late nights out that I thought I would have to pay for the next day with symptoms but I have been okay.

That is a great feeling!! It is pretty amazing how many subtle changes take place when you get better. You remeber what your "old self" felt like, who you were etc..

I am going to look into photon therapy. I still am not cognitively where I would like to be.

Take care of yourselves and have a great day!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement