LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » i ain't gettin no swine flu vaccine!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i ain't gettin no swine flu vaccine!!!
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hubs and i are arguing over this!! he's adamant i get it and i say "no way!"

i told him fine go ahead but i'm not. from what i've heard people die just from that vaccine.

i figure if something starts i'll go back on anbiotics and stay inside at home. stock up on food, water, etc., and just tough it out.

what are you going to do?

i figure lyme is bad enough but then to add a vaccine is worse.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart tells me...no way jose. I've already looked into swine flu freqs that I would use with my rife machine.

I don't trust the government on this one either.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to always get a yearly flu vaccine before I knew I had lyme and started treatment.

I asked my LLMD about it, and he said he recommends not getting them.

He said that it could reactivate an illness that has been in remission due to the stress on the immune system.(those are my words not his exact ones)

I asked him about flu shots in general, not just the swine flu.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with ya Randi! No way no how! I know an RN who got GB syndrome from a regular flu shot.

I am going to make sure that they DO NOT immunize my precious little girl in Kindergarten this year...the way they are going with the forced vaccinations...I wouldn't be surprised if they don't tell parents and just do it.

Who knows how horrible this vaccine will turn out to be!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a member that comes onto Lyme chat, and he told us that it was either him, or someone he knows, that got really really ill or was somehow damaged from a swine flu vaccine that came out awhile back (like 20 or 30 years ago).

Apparently there was some sort of swine flu in the 70s or 80s too?

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an excerpt taken from an article I found online. The other swine flu was in 1976.

"Only young Lewis died from the swine flu itself in 1976. But as the critics are quick to point out, hundreds of Americans were killed or seriously injured by the inoculation the government gave them to stave off the virus."

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerifrog
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerifrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I mentioned side effects from the old swine flu vaccine. I almost lost a good friend from it.

Everyone on our college campus was advised to get the shot & they set up a mass vacination.

Duane got vaccinated but ended up in the hospital in critical condition afterward.

Seems some people developed Guillain-Barr� Syndrome from the shot.

It took him a very long time to recover and return to school.

Geri
-

Posts: 151 | From Kingston NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you on this.

I will not get the shot, and I don't want my son getting it either.

And I know you can't sue the pharmaceutical companies for any vaccine injuries, but if they do a stealth vaccine at school and anything happens to my son, I will get the best lawyer I can and sue the pants off the district!

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My last flu shot 3 years ago sent me into a tailspin relapse. I'd rather just boost my immune system and let it fight the swine flu should I get it.

If I take the shot, I'll probably die from that.

I had the swine flu shot years ago, I think. I heard somewhere there might be some protection from that.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 20 year old son w/LD just got over the swine flu and it was AWFUL! He had an extremely high fever and was very, very sick. He couldn't hardly breathe, gasping for air. I had to take him to the hospital. His oxygen levels were very low.

The most likely group to get swine according the CDC is the age group from 5-22 years old.

Later I asked his primary Md why I didn't get sick. Believe it or not, he said when you have a weaker immune system your body will "reject" the battle, you are less likely to get swine flu if your immune system is weak. He explained it like this, a strong immune system is ready for battle and will "take on" the fight more readily. He said it proves my sons immune system is strong.

I know, I know sounds very weird...

I actually read that here about a week before my son got sick and thought that was strange...but it is true.

After it was over he felt (lyme-wise) much better. His LLmd believes the high fever he had for a week straight probably did some lyme killing.

Even though I watched him suffer horribly through this I wouldn't get the vaccine if someone held me down and tried to give it to me.

Rule of thumb for me (ask your LLMd) I will never get ANY vaccinations for any reason ever.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear about your son but I am sure that his high fever did knock out lots of ketes

As for me, I have never gotten a flu vaccine and don't intend on getting the HlNl vaccine either.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement