LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » HAD TO STOP MINO!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HAD TO STOP MINO!!!!!!
kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 8 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

Just figured I would update on the Mino....

Today I had to stop the Mino because of the terrible dizziness, nausea and stomach issues.

I am really bummed because I feel that it was the best ABX for me.

My doc and I decided to stop the Mino and in October I will start detox for a while.

While on detox I will be going through Photopheresis.

Just bummed.... I think it may be a herx, but the symptoms are way too strong to go on with.

I need a break anyway, I have been pounded with ABX for 14 months straight now both oral and IV...

Ughh the sickness....... [toilet]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Kreynolds, I could not tolerate mino either [Frown] Made me feel terribly sick the entire 6wks I was on it.

I think that your doctor was wise to take you off of the medicine. Why stay on it if it makes you feel miserable all the time? Yes you might herx but it should not be constant, you should have improvements too. Hopefully you will find a better med/combo that will bring you relief from your suffering.

Good luck with the detox [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tosho,

Yes 400mg is my dose... I was on 200mg and then upped it 4 weeks ago.

I would consider staying on Mino, but I feel I need a break.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear you were feeling so ill. You most probably had a lot of die of that your system wasn't clearing.

You could have just reduced you dose back down to 100mg for a while and that would have given your system a break.

I guess stopping it is OK, too. As mentioned, detox is something that you should be doing every day to to move out toxins, etc. from you system. There are many ways to this and it's been discussed her numerous times before.

Many LLMD's are not great in this area and not every thing requires medication but supplements, ways of eating, etc. are some of the many ways to do it. Do some reading about juicing.

Now that you have stopped the mino, I hope you get some relief fast. Drink lots of good filtered water and take lots of Epson salt baths for starters. NAC, one of the precursors to glutathione would be helpful for your liver and system in general....taken on an empty stomach.

You find lots more advice if you do a search of past topics.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abxnomore,

Yes, I am going to try to focus more on detoxing.

I still am on Bactrim DS, Tindamax, Zithromax,Malarone and Artemesia...

So I still am bringing the guns out....

I am going to take a break from the Mino for a couple months.

Beleive it or not, in my case, Mino has been the best "all around" ABX that I have taken. BETTER than IV.

I think people can tell when there body needs a break, especially with this disease and TBD's.

I just have to take it one day at a time.

Eventually I will be off ABX all together to see what the outcome will be.

I can't see me being any sicker, if I was I would be dead....

I am gradually tapering the meds off and then we will see what happens.

I will say one thing. The port is STAYING in!

Thanks for your help and info about detox. I plan to go full blown into it....

I thought 2 years ago was the beginning of the end...

I guess I was wrong because I feel like crap and this disease SUCKS! [Mad]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you are still on plenty of meds to kill the buggers. Take a break from the mino for sure.

Good to know you are finding it so effective, thou.

Hang in there, I hope you will turn a corner at some point.

It's a testament to you that you have been able to keep at it, all this time, with such an aggressive ABX protocol. A rest and some detoxing might be just what you need.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi roy,

wow, you've been thru so much; hope this break is just what the dr. orderred for you.

tell katie and roy, jr. hi for me, will you ? xoxox

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement