LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » skin burning pain back. what helps? Who else has it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: skin burning pain back. what helps? Who else has it?
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im so tired of these pesky symptoms creeping up again. Now its skin burning pain. It is EVERYWHERE...whole body. What causes it in Lyme patients, anyone know?

What helps relieve it-besides treatment of course.

Who else is dealing with this symptom?

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zil
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this. Feels like an intense vicks vaporub is under the skin causing burning/warmth. Mine migrates and my tongue always burns to. Epsom salt bath helps. Not the tongue though I have to just put up with that.
Posts: 383 | From Ar | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's your nerves. Google, "Neuropathy".

I had EXCRUCIATING burning pain.

If yours is excruciating, you're looking at symptom management medications.

Lyrica was the first thing that helped me.

Batherapy, which is a bath salt mixture, provides some relief.

Would be worth a chat with your natural / alternative practitioners as well.

Best wishes [group hug]

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skin is a common site for finding borrelia. Especially on autopsy of animals and humans. You can do a search of medical literature of: borrelia found in the skin on autopsy.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beautiful Disaster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful Disaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this. Klonopin was the only thing to help me. It's the worst most hellish thing in the world. I have it in my face and in my left eye, all over my neck, and sometimes on my arms and torso. I have it on the tops of my feet at times, mostly at night.

--------------------
---Beautiful Disaster---
IgeneX WB: IgM: 18+, 31+, 41+, 58+, IgG: 31++, 39 IND, 41++, 31kda Epitope Test: Positive
Labcorp: IgM: 23+, 41+
No LLMD due to money since Sept 2008. Was on Doxy, I.V. Rocephin (30 days), Flagyl. Also dx with Bartonella.

Posts: 139 | From United States, East Coast-ish | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see a naturalpath now who is trying to get it under control. He just treated me for a bunch of stuff a couple weeks ago and I really think thats where this flare up is coming from.

Ill try the bath salts again. I tried Lyrica but it made me nuts. Are there any essential oils that may help? This symptom litteraly drives me insane-it hurts so bad.

I was hoping others were dealing with it too. Not that I want any of you in pain but i think you all know what I mean. Thanks

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

today i feel like my face is gonna just burn right off, its that bad.

Id take lyrica again but the side effects scare the heck out of me. Are there any vitamins and such that help??

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ABX. Once you get it under control it goes away. However, I have flares when I overdo.

Good luck.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Neurontin, instead of Lyrica. It is also used for nerve pain, but (shouldn't) make you as loopy.
Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MBB3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MBB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know exactly what everyone's talking about - I have this terribly. If it wasn't for this, I I'd feel normal again.

Just like the Nancy, I have on my upper back, shoulders and down the outer sides of both arms along with palms. Lower body, soles and outer calves and if I sit too long my rear-end.

I take 1800 MG total daily of Gabapentin, helps a little, but not enough.

I find it interesting that those with Lyme get this often in the feet and hand like other causes of neuropathy, but also face, back etc.

Does this really get better with ABX? This was the sx that sent me to the doctor in late 2006. Did Lyme tx during summer of 2008 and stopped, the neuropathy has gotten worse since then.

Should I be back on abx? I wouldn't hesitate if not for my equivocal dx.

Any suggestions, experiences etc? So many here mention this sx, it's very frustrating.

Thanks, MBB3

Posts: 247 | From The Country | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this too. IMO it reflects immune system activity. High dose benicar helps some.
Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

where do you get benicar? is that a prescription? im dying again!!! it went away for a couple days and then poof-up in flames once more!!!!!! tried epsom salt. cant tolerate lyrica. are there ANY other drugs that help??

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was what i felt like years ago when the symptoms started. horrible, horrible burning pain in my arms and feet.

course i went to a pain management doc who gave me neurotin, which made me crazy. for some reason that drug really disagreed with me.

i didn't know at the time it was lyme and not rsd!! it eventually stopped and that's when all the other stuff started. now i just have very very mild episodes of burning pain, sort of like a light sunburn.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julielynne4
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this too, my entire back, neck and shoulders burns so badly and nothing even takes the edge off.

Finally I called my LLMD this week and she gave me a script for Neurontin. I only took it one time, and it worked very well.

I will definately take it again, however it did make me a bit loopy and sleepy so I only will take it at night.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

well im not sure what else to do. ill ask aboutthe klonopin. im burning to death and think stress makes it sooo much worse. why do we get this stupid symptom!!!!!!!??????

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladeedah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this in the very beginning and then again when my LLMD switched my abx. Do you have neck and shoulder pain attached to it? I had both the muscle/joint with the intense burning. Never on my face though

The only thing that helped me was acupuncture. I still had it but it took the edge off so it was bearable.

It comes and goes for me. I am sorry that yours is everywhere.

Posts: 134 | From NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement