LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Autonomic Response Testing (ART)--your opinion??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Autonomic Response Testing (ART)--your opinion??
gwb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking of seeing someone who uses Dr. K's protocol. She used to work with Dr. K and basically treats the same way he does from what I understand.

I've been reading about the ART diagnostic system and I struggle with this as it seems so "mystical" and not very scientific. I know many people rave about this test but it I have some doubt about it.

Anyone care to share with me why you believe ART is a reliable diagnostic tool? Do you feel this helped you in your treatments, if so, how?

I'd love to hear from anyone who has anything to say about ART--positive or negative.

Gary

Please do not use doctors names.

[ 11-14-2009, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Anna Lee ]

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are endless threads on this...try a search using ART and your question will be answered. [Smile]

Some think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Others think it's hooey and witchcraft with no merit.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seek, I did a search but I only put down "ART" and nothing came up. When I went back and searched for "Autonomic Response Testing" several threads came up. I should have done that in the first place.

Wow, lots of interesting comments on these threads! : )

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbriggs
Member # 21809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbriggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, are you on Dinet as Gary RN?

Thanks

Posts: 56 | From Austin, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Autonomic Response Testing performed by a genius doctor who leaves no stone unturned is what eventually got me well. I practice it myself today when I can, but it is preferable to be tested with a third person. Doctor, Patient and a healthy person who lends an arm.

If one has a chronic disease and lab tests are not the only answer, in my opinion, ART is the best tool available. It is not a machine and it takes training and caring to do it right.

Dr. K and his staff have taught ART for many years and I am most happy that I found him and ART. I not only got well, but I also learned an aweful lot from him and will be forever thankful.

I hope you will find someone who is well trained and who has attended his classes frequently. It takes that to treat the K method, because it is steadily evolving.

Best wishes.

[ 11-14-2009, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Anna Lee ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

abbriggs, no, that's not me. I wish I was a RN sometimes. : )

GiGi (and others who have experienced ART), suppose I went to someone who did the K protocol but just want them to treat me according to the test results that show what I have.

Would they treat me without doing the ART diagnosis or will they basically ignore the blood test results and treat me according to the ART diagnosis? Does my question make sense?

Gary

[ 11-14-2009, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Anna Lee ]

GiGi
Member # 259

gwb,

ART is used along with traditional tests to determine the root causes of illness. It is not used to diagnose diseases.

Here is the explanation:

http://www.klinghardtneurobiology.com/art.htm

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IME ART can also help determine what to prioritize.

If both you + I have the same 3 coinfections how do we best figure out what to start with ?

ART !

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was ART tested and the practitioner picked up lice. He was puzzled and asked if that made sense to me as it had only every shown up in a couple of the hundreds he had tested. It did make sense because we used to live out in the country and my kids constantly brought lice home from school, so I had to comb out the nits.

My husband would then comb my hair .... apparently a few had bitten me. I used some homeopathics for bug bites to "clear" the lice.

So, it brought something to my attention that I wasn't even aware was a problem.

My intuition is really good for what I need to take as far as treatment. ART confirmed everything I knew already. They will test you for certain products, but remember, those are the products the practitioner likes and wants to test. He/she can't possibly test for every product out there, so if there's something you want to try, bring it with you.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

The patient has to have open regulation. That means that nothing in the system is blocking the functions of the autonomic nervous system anywhere, organs, etc. The body cannot give a true answer if it is blocked, etc., i.e. there is a short in the system (that's what I call it).

ART testing determines, among many others, if a medication will work or a food or supplement will be beneficial. In order for it to work, ithe medication has to resonate with the target area (the substance has to have a similar frequency spectrum as the pathology). Both the pathology and the treatment have to resonate with each other: The treatment waveform is the mirror image of the waveform of the pathology (inverse frequency with a 180 degree phase shift.

The medication (in dilution) is tested to see if it resonates with the pathology and creates a weak arm when held over the target area at different certain distances. If it does, it will work. If it does not, the medication will not work.

If the patient is blocked energetically, or switched, the patient cannot be tested unless unblocked and unswitched. A good ART practitioner will keep that in the forefront, because that only will deliver true answers by the body being tested. This fact is overlooked in many other testing methods such as Applied Kinesiology.

As Massman said, ART is done in an effort to find the most important obstacle to healing - the priority. That could be anything - from EMF exposure, to emotional blockages, to heavy metal and chemical toxicity, to Lyme and co-infections, parasites, mold, fungi, or too much drug residues in the ground system (medications, vitamins and allergenic foods can leave residues in the ground system or even intracellular, which block receptors and traffic.

Hope you find a good one who is healthy or knows how to prepare herself/himself and who uses a third arm, even if it is the receptionist.

Take care.

GiGi
Member # 259

Massman,

"If both you + I have the same 3 coinfections how do we best figure out what to start with ?"

Can you rephrase? Not sure what you are asking.
If practitioner and patient have the same ....?

massman
Unregistered

You are getting pretty specific here w
(with) the blocks here Gigi.

I have been fortunate to train w a sharp doc that has trained a lot w Dr K.

gwb
Member # 7273

GiGi, actually the person I am thinking about seeing is in WA State. You probably know this person. I would tell you in a PM but but I notice you don't do PM's so can't put it out on the forum.

By the way, I used to live in Kirkland, WA many years ago.

Gary

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would I find someone who does this type of testing in the MA/NH area? If someone can recommend one, please feel free to email me privately. I'd appreciate it!
Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

gwb, my e-mail is [email protected].

aMomWithHope, Check the referral list and if you can't find someone there, suggest you call the 303 number for info.

Take care.

coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is not a machine and it takes training and caring to do it right.

That part makes me extremely suspicious. Machines do not make mistakes, people do, they are subjective , biased and unreliable. Makes me wonder what kind of stuff this ART is based of that it cant be reliably measured by objective criteria?
Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Coltman, most machines today are programmed by a human.

The "machine" that delayed my Lyme diagnosis by many months did not know that there was such a thing as Lyme Disease and/or all the related co=infections. It had been programmed by an uninformed person. These machines existed for years until finally somebody had figured out that there is such a thing as a Borrelia, etc. and it became a part of the software.

Had I had ART right from the beginning, I would have saved myself years of agony.

Sorry, I totally disagree with you on your generalization of this "stuff" called ART. Under the guidance of a great physician, ART actually helped me to get totally well.

Think "frequencies" - it may help understand.

Take care.

massman
Unregistered

Gigi - I meant that if two of us that post here have the same coinfections.

And ART is actually an art. Seems that some here think that the whole world is and should be logical.

Energy is at the base of everything in the universe.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you are sick and have symptoms, ART is the best to go, in my opinion.

When you don't have symptoms anymore (no visible ones) and still wander what you could do to prevent falling sick again, when nothing else shows on ART (no meridian, no switching, no organ in any level, with and without pol filter), well, one needs to go search for other types of supportive treatment.

Exercises like ChiQong, TaiChi, yoga, balancing the photon field / chakra, or do anything enjoyable is what we need after ART!!

But certainly, I go back to ART whenever someone falls sick and it has been the most valuable 'tool' ever.

I thank ART for putting me back to health!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement