LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What has your experience been with Cold Laser Treatments?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What has your experience been with Cold Laser Treatments?
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else have Cold Laser treatments?
I have done them once a week for 3 weeks now and on that day within hours I am flush and weak and headaches hit and then I am in bed for 3 days... UGGG
So is this a detox issue or herx or what?

The do the cold laser on my lymphs. Neck Chest Underarms Hips Stomach Behind Knees etc.

I am not sure i want to continue them but am torn. I am not sure what they are doing and if feeling this way right now is what is good or not?

What really is always so confusing is that theory that gets thrown at me all the time that feeling worse means its working or you will eventually feel better..
??????

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried this therapy to relive arthitis in my neck, 2 x a week for 5 weeks, but I didn't get any benefit from it.

I know that it is supposed to stimulate an immune response. So maybe that is what is happening for you...

In my case, as my immune system is recovering, I am definitively feeling worse.

This disease sucks....

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.. Did you have any affect from it at all? Did they direct the laser anywhere besides the neck?

I am amazing how strongly I react to this one treatment..

And I agree...
Big time.
This disease does suck.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope Ocean is feeling up and respond to this as she has a lot of experience with the technology.

My wife is having an appointment for it the first time today so I will let you know how it goes.

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have and am trying them now.

Questions though for those of you pursuing this....

What is the laser being set to?

Is it the Erchonia cold laser???

If the laser is NOT set to the LYME frequencies then I have no experience with it.

Also, the laser is directed to my torso...not Lymph glands. The practitioner is following the protocol of another practitioner in CT who has had success with Lyme patients. The torso is done first (for a certain number of treatments), then the limbs.

I've only used the Erchonia cold laser (red light, not violet) on the Lyme frequencies plus the immune boosting one.

Yes..I usually feel terrible for 3-10 days after...then I feel better. I get a low grade fever, bone pain, headache, neckache, fatigue, ect.

I did one treatment for 30 seconds in June. I was shocked at my response because I'd never heard of anyone else using it for lyme, I didn't think it would 'do anything'.

I got heart palps a few times after and I was afraid to go back (heart palps is a symptom I've had though with Lyme). Then...I started feeling really really good. A month later I was feeling not quite as good (I also hadn't done a second treatment).

I did it again in August for 30 seconds. This time I felt sick for 10 days. Then I started feeling good, started jogging again which surprised me.

Finally 2 weeks ago after speaking with another person via phone who is in remission from the laser, I decided to try it once per week and will try twice per week when I think my body can handle it.

If you do a search on lyme.net, there is a guy who is well from it. I spoke with him as well and he is still doing fine, hasn't treated Lyme for almost 3 years now.

I haven't said much about the laser lately, because I'm still doing the treatments to see how I do, but so far I'm feeling very optimistic about it!!

[group hug]

Ocean

[ 09-28-2009, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Ocean ]

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aileenhome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aileenhome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been having treatment on my hands (osteoarthritis) and face (sinuses) and trunk with very good success. Only time I had a problem was when it was used on my neck. Practitioner is very lyme-experienced and very careful about times and settings.
Posts: 133 | From Far Hills, NJ 07931 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are the practitioners that use this treatment? I may be going through a relapse now and not sure I want to jump right back on abx, since I have been off them over a year and was doing very well.
Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

I would say check with Integrative or Homeopathic or Naturapaths.

This is a powerful treatment and can get the lymph and body to let go of all the build up of toxins and infections ..

I had a rough time with this treatment ... herxed like crazy.> But after awhile it just helped..

I would recommend it.....

It can be costly... per treatment...

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone bought a cold laser at home to use? if so, is it possible to do it yourself or do you need to find someone trained to do lyme treatments with it?
Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was cold !

Ocean - is your practitioner in OH or surrounding ststes ?

I practiced in OH for almost 20 years.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

okay, i know this is meant for animals, but does anyone think something like this would help in any way?

http://www.vetrolaser.com/

the other ones i found were very expensive and or had to be ordered by a health care practitioner.

freshveggies
Member # 21233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshveggies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI, i bought one last month from http://www.qlaserhealinglight.com/

It is the Q1000. I am working on the endocrine system and my lymph glands and sore muscles. You can have some frequencies added for lyme, but I haven't done this.

They will send you an informational pack with dvd's explaining the product. I know it has helped my tight muscles.

Posts: 16 | From south Dakota | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massman,

In Ohio...my uncle is a chiropractor and he has one.

I'm doing very well right now...tested negative energetically (using nosodes from Germany) for Lyme at end of Decemeber.

You wouldn't even believe the stress I've been under. Moved in with my brother and sister in law...in spite of husband cheating...turns out he may end up in jail/prison for something he did....

and I'm still doing good. No panic attacks/anxiety. In fact 2 weeks ago I drove to the dentist by myself and had 2 teeth extracted. No panic attack there! And I have been TERRIFIED of the dentist for YEARS!

I don't know if it will help everyone with Lyme, but with my experience I definitely think the cold laser can help other people.

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement