LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help for burning feet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help for burning feet
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone found something that helps burning, painful feet? My feet have always hurt but they seem to be getting worse. I was into Walmart yesterday and honestly wondered if I could make it back to my car because my feet hurt so bad.

If I walk more then a block they hurt to the point I can hardly stand it.

I have been tested for co infections and do not have any.

Don't suggest going to the doctor. I gone to every doctor I can think of and none can help me.

I also have had custom insoles made and they don't help. I think I have had them made from three different places with no relief.

I constantly look for shoes with more cushion in them as this is the only thing that helps at all.

My LLMD says whenever the meds kick in them they will be better. I just started on them last week but none of them every helped with the pain in the past.

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Have you seen a podiatrist? You might also have something called plantar fasciitis and need adjustment of your orthotics and special P.T. treatment.

Are you taking magnesium and Fish Oil, too? Both are important.

It's not so much the cushion in the shoe as the support. A good podiatrist can teach you about which shoes are best. Take with you the ones you wear the most.

If you are a woman, you might try the Dansko CALLA clog - with a special Next Generation sole - not in other Danskos, it is cushy but also very supportive. They are not made anymore but there are a few pair still out there floating around.

I've bought up all the size 37 that seem to be available but there are a few other sizes still for sale. Amazon has some. I would not get the Danskco Corrine (far too stiff of leather). While hard to initially get on, the CALLA has been great to help my feet.

Also, be sure to never walk around the house bare-footed. A Birkenstock step in clog helps me around the house.
-

[ 10-01-2009, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your LLMD is right. Mine has gotten sooo much better. They used to be so bad. Epsom salts baths help, lemon juice, the real stuff just rub on,let sit a few minutes then rinse and AWWW. My hands were the same way.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have seen a podiatrist. I know what pf is and I don't have it. I am not taking the two supplements you mentioned. Do they really help? And no I could never walk bare foot even in the house.
If my insoles are firm at all I can't stand them. It is like the bottom of my feet are soo tender.
I see you must like the Magic Treehopuse series. I am reading them with my grandson now. We love them.
The shoes are more then I could afford right now.
I will try the lemon juice though. I have tried the epsom salts.

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom
Member # 22267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like Bart to me. Have you been treated. Testing isn't always accurate, so a negative result doesn't mean much.
Posts: 79 | From Northeast US | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Glad you ruled out PF. I had both PF and that awful burning.

Yes, magnesium and fish oil helped with my burning soles, and also andrographis did. I don't have access to a LLMD but have has some success with complementary supplements.

Some LLMDs use andrographis in addition to abx. It is an herb, very bitter and can increase tiredness at first, but it has helped me in several ways. My feet burned and hurt for years. But, it took many months before I noticed my feet did not burn or hurt as much.

From what I've read about other's feet pain here, I think your LLMD is correct. Are you being treated for bartonella? However, it may take several months to see substantial improvement.

Soaking in Epson salts, taking magnesium supplements and fish oil should also help, but first check with your LLMD on the supplements.

Do you get enough Vitamin D3? That affects pain if low.

Good luck.
--

Another shoe that may work for you is a Rieker. Some styles here (if you are not a woman, just click onto the men's styles). I have a friend who has major problems and likes the softness of these, but also supportive. You can put your insoles into most styles.

http://www.zappos.com/womens-rieker-shoes

-
Oh . . . I never heard of a Magic Treehouse series. I shall have to look that up. I just want to move out of the city and into the woods (yeah, I get the irony of that).

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You would want D3 (not D2 as that is not as well absorbed), BTW.
---

http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

From: NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS IN DISSEMINATED LYME DISEASE

J.J. Burranscano, Jr., M.D. July 2008

Excerpt from page 4: VITAMIN D

Surprisingly, most people in America are vitamin D deficient. In the lyme patient, low vitamin D levels can cause diffuse body aches and cramps that are not responsive to magnesium or calcium supplements.

Some also believe that vitamin D is essential for normal immune and hormone function. I strongly urge you to have a fasting blood level drawn. It is recommended that blood levels be in the upper half or the normal range.

If it is not, then 2000 to 4000 units daily are needed for several weeks to make up for the deficit, and then a lower maintenance dose may be necessary, based on results from repeated blood level monitoring. If vitamin D is needed, improvements take 2 to 3 weeks to note, but are well worth the wait. . . .

jenin98
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that. It is bart, I am on bactrum now. I have improved in the past month. I could not stand for a long time, burning, pain,,,,,,now, it is better. Hang in there, things get better with treatment.
J

Posts: 455 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

No, I am only being treated for lyme disease. I'm only doxy. What you take for Bart dapnesmom?
I know I use to be low on Vitamin D so I probably still am.

sick

AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have painful soles. For me it is a nerve thing. I have to be careful what i wear on my feet. I wear soft thick fuzzy socks (any foot wear that increases pressure increases pain for me). I dont wear stockings or tights at all. I also have to be careful what shoes I wear. I did find a pair at walmart that is very light and cushiony (really they are summer shoes)

Before that I was wearing slippers if i had to leave the house. But i hardly leave the house so shoes arent that big of an issue right now for me.

At night I often even have to take off my soft fuzzy socks because even they will start to irritate it. heat helps temporarily. sometimes if it is not to bad arnica cream would help. (alhtough i cant use that now cause my mcs is really flared.)

Sorry my post is rambly - to summerazie:

-heat helps.

-foot wear that does not increase presuure on soles helps.

-i try not to sit with feet flat against floor most of time (i avoid increased pressure on soles if i can)

-arnica cream sometimes helps.

my sole pain has decreased with treatment. Just so you know I do have lyme/babs but I do NOT have bart. I am sorry my post is so rambly I hope something in it helps.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement