LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr. Lee Cowdens Protocal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. Lee Cowdens Protocal
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone or has anyone used or tied his protocal? I read about it online and it seem's pretty good. Can people share their experiences with me please?

I wanted to try getting some herbs since my doctor took me off of abx. See if these help especially Samento.

Or out of his protocal which herbs are the best to use like samento and cumanda?

Thanks!!!

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used his protocol (prior to it being revised) the summer of 2008 and I enjoyed being off ABX.

I pretty much used all of the herbs required in the protocol.

Prior to doing Cowden I had been on Biaxin/Amoxy for a while and needed to kick it up a notch so I added Samento and that worked well, too.

Here are the Cowden links in case you don't already have them:

http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pages/lymepage.html

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo,

Did the protocal help you? I was on biaxin and amoxy for 7 months as well and it helped me but my doc told me to stop for a while with meds.

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it. But, there was one that I could not take...can't recall if it was samento or cumanda.

My LLMD added abx back in 3 months into the program as we were not seeing the progress that he wanted.

I would have continued on the program if I had the funds and have wondered where I would have been health wise if I had.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the break from ABX but not sure if I made progress or not - I've been in treatment for 3 1/2 years for a very long term case of Lyme (probably most of my life). I definately didn't go "backwards".

sonee - I would recommend using Cowden - or at least some of the herbs (Samento/Cumanda or Samento/Barberry (or was it Banderol???) The Burbur is an excellent detox, I think, too.

I did feel darn good while I was on it and I also felt that some of the herbs were good for yeast and parasites, too.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Connie Strasheim's new book 'Insights into Lyme Disease Treatment' has a chapter on Dr Cowden's treatment of Lyme.

If you do decide to try, his newer Condensed Cowden protocol appears to show the better results .

I would say that you are only really giving it a fair chance if you follow the entire protocol, rather than picking and choosing individual herbs.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw no results with the new infused "Condensed" version, but I did not complete the protocol. My doctor told me to stop at about 90 days, which is only half way.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used both the regular and the condensed for several months. I made no progress on either, and was allergic to Cumanda (hives all over me).
Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laceyj
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laceyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can also find a practitioner that can muscle test which herbs you test best for

I actually tested best for Banderol so at the time that is what I tried first,
for some reason I did not test for parsley and some other things,
Still need to eventually alternate them and go slow cause they are strong

it also might save you money this way

Posts: 187 | From FL | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried this protocol for almost 5 months with all the herbs (which was about 500 a month) and it did not help me. After 2 months, I had completely slid back to where I was before treatments, and so I went back on some of the abx, but kept up with Cowden for the next 2.5 months, and still no progress.

Then I stopped Cowden all together and started abx shots, and now I am getting somewhere.

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB4
Member # 20799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PB4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter and I having been using Cowden for three months. I am VERY pleased with it.I have been told by others who have had success that it must be used just like he has in his protocol, so we are following it to the letter. I believe that all components of the program are designed to work together.

I really think different things work for different people, but this is working great. Abx didn't do it for either of us.

PB

Posts: 78 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement