LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Where's the ``I have a whopping case of the flu!'' thread?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where's the ``I have a whopping case of the flu!'' thread?!
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to check on this person - can't remember who posted it - and the topic no longer exists!

Hope they are okay, whoever they are..... [Frown]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
btmb03
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Twas me Truthfinder, thank you so much for asking about me. Frankly I deleted the post for several reasons - mainly 'cause I was SO sick of being SICK...and felt I was not getting anywhere posting how sick I was, then of course didn't want to come across as whiny....well you understand!

I'm only doing slightly better, I'm doing everything the doctor said, I'm *sure* I've had the flu but as nenet put it, my body is too busy fighting Lyme + cos that this came in by the "back door" (my words).

When you're 'hanging by a thread' something like this really can send you reeling in a big way though for people with healthier immune systems I doubt they'd end up in bed necessarily.

Haven't had a cold/fever in many years, truly wish it would 'come out'...perhaps when/if my immune system balances once again. Also am planning to re-start my homeopathics, maybe that might help too.

Thx again for caring!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, thanks for checking in and relieving my mind, btm!

I'd read your thread, but then got busy posting my own info about how I kicked butt on some `flu' that attacked me over the week-end, and I lost track of you!

You are SO right when you say ``something like this really can send you reeling in a big way''. That is precisely why I've worked hard to find ways to either `cure' a flu quickly or prevent getting the flu altogether.

I assure you, if I get a full-blown case of the flu, I'll be much whinier (?) than you were! Assuming I'll even be well enough to post about it.

Uh, careful with restarting the homeopathics. As a wise homeopath once told me, `treat what is before you'. In other words, treat whatever is acting MOST on the body, which in this case is going to be the flu (and I believe you have the flu, too, despite what your doc said).

In any case, I hope your `bug' runs its course soon and you start to feel more like your not-so-great self. Gee, that's sounds bad when I say it out loud, but you know what I mean.
[bonk]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
btmb03
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha you DO understand!! I'm actually dying to get a "full blown" case of the flu - this is like a stealth bomber...slow and silent and torturing me!! Doesn't want to let go. Sorry you had to deal with this crap over the weekend.

Better health to you too!! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

[Big Grin]

Thanks, I appreciate that!

With at least 2 strains of flu running around, it might be a long fall and winter for all of us.

--------------------
Tracy

Curley911
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curley911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the H1N1 flu, was VERY SICK for 2 days and then plain old fashioned sick for 3 more days. It was miserable, I feel for you! It took me about three weeks after the onset of the flu before I woke up and said "oh! I feel like myself again".

It does go away, I hope your's ends soon.

My ARNP (Lyme Literate) sold me some Bamboo Extract and told me that is what the Chinese were using. It made me feel better but I was on the mend anyway so I didn't use it a whole bunch.

Get well!

Posts: 982 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been using NAC, 4000 D, and elderberry ext and eleuthero.

i think i have it and these supps are keeping it very mild.

my day 2 and 3 were the worst with weakness and dizziness added to the sore throat, cough, feverish stuff

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you guys feel better SOON!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

My roommate and I both had the flu in 1975 or 76 - can't remember the month. We both worked with people from a large military base (so we later concluded it was the swine flu). Eventually, everybody at my workplace caught it and everybody was out for at least 2 weeks, and we were all in our 20's and pretty darn healthy.

That was the sickest I've ever been as an adult. I never want to go there again.

So far, this flu seems much milder by most accounts and let's hope it stays that way. I've heard rumors that the virus is actually becoming weaker rather than stronger as time goes on but haven't heard anything official on that.

--------------------
Tracy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement