LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sea salt/vit. C and antibiotics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sea salt/vit. C and antibiotics
abp2626
Member # 21485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abp2626   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to start the sea salt and vitamin C regime tonight.

I got my instructions off of lymephotos.com.

Is it okay that I am also on 2 different antibiotics at the same time?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Angela

Posts: 18 | From Plover, WI | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Assuming you've checked with your doctor and have had a basic blood pressure check and kidney function test - and that you don't have diabetes . . . here's another checklist and things to consider before and while on this:

http://kurtsprotocol.blogspot.com/2007/02/cautions-about-saltc.html

---

Now, to answer your question about the antibiotics with sea salt use, you can get an idea by checking the pharmacist's page on the specific abx you are taking, or call your pharmacist - but your doctor should be able to tell you. It's important that your doctor be aware of this and s/he may be able to offer helpful suggestions.

You might also search for posts here by Gael. She has done very well with this and is very knowledgeable about all the aspects.

You can search here for: gael1111 - Member # 8816

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search/search_forum/1

When you find one post of hers, click onto her name and then send her a PM (private message).
-

[ 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
abp,

You might want to join lymestrategies because these are the people with lyme that do salt/c. They do a lot of other protocols also.

Make sure you start with a good quality sea salt and ramp up slowly.

I mixed 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp vit C in a large glass of water per day. I ramped up slowly 1/4 tsp at a time according to how I was herxing. Make sure you drink plenty of extra water. Good luck,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abp2626
Member # 21485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abp2626   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only have Vit C 500 mg tablets. Are these comprehable to anything in powder? Or, in the alternative, do you know where I can buy a good
quality Vit. C powder?

I understand I need to start with 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt per day.

However, did you actually work your way up to 15-18 grams a day (approximately 1 teaspoon mixed in water, 3 times per day)? If so, how long did it take to get up that high?

Posts: 18 | From Plover, WI | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked my way up to 20 gms a day. I don't remember how long it took and you should go at your own comfort zone and pace yourself not race to get there.

Not everyone can tolerate that high dose. I get the powdered Ester C with bioflavinoids and Real salt (sea salt)

at www.vitacost.com

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abp2626
Member # 21485

I checked it out with my LLMD today and he recommended against it. He said it is very extreme treatment.

However, I have only taken 2 doses of 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt w/ 1000 mg of vit. C and am already herxing.

While feeling sick, I know it means that I am killing those nasty bugs which makes me want to keep the regime up...very badly!!!

I think that I am going to keep it up for a bit. Anyone had any ill effects from this?

Beautiful Disaster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful Disaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, are you well now? Do you contribute this to getting better? Does anyone? I have 0 money and this is about the only thing I can afford. I'm really between a rock and a hard place. I thought about ordering Doxy online, I have some Rifampin and Levaquin, only one bottle a piece....and that's it. I really want to try this but I don't want to pay with my life!

--------------------
---Beautiful Disaster---
IgeneX WB: IgM: 18+, 31+, 41+, 58+, IgG: 31++, 39 IND, 41++, 31kda Epitope Test: Positive
Labcorp: IgM: 23+, 41+
No LLMD due to money since Sept 2008. Was on Doxy, I.V. Rocephin (30 days), Flagyl. Also dx with Bartonella.

Posts: 139 | From United States, East Coast-ish | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

BD,

I absolutely contribute this to getting well. I am very close to remission. I started over 3yrs ago and it has saved my life.

Sea salt is a natural bacteriocide and antiparasitic. It's TABLE SALT that is poison!!!

Sea salt will not stagnate and deposit in your cells because of it's high mineral content.

Go slow, and drink plenty of water. I also use antiparasitic herbs which have helped. Use common sense and ramp up slowly.

If you decide to do this protocol and need help let me know, Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to push forward on salt/C, but I've had two labs show high uric acid and high potassium. Both indicators of kidney function. I feel like I may be playing Russian roulette doing this. I also have high blood pressure.

I did have a doc before say take 1.5 tsp of sea salt daily. He was clueless about Lyme though.

I don't want to die from it. I'm not sure what to do.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey glm

What kind of sea salt do you use?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Seek,

Why don't you go over to Lymestrategies and join the group. You might be able to get some different perspectives from people with the same issues you have that are doing salt/c. Are you still doing any antiparasitic herbs?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

I use Real Salt (sea salt) and I buy it from vitacost.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement