LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mortons Neuroma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mortons Neuroma
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Has anyone been diagnosed with mortons neuroma, it is basically an inflamed nerve in the ball area of the foot and causes numbness and pain. Since I started bart treatment again this part of my foot is killing me. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem? I also seem to have numbness around the ankle area...different kind of neuroma. I am finally linking these to Bart.
Monica

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Monica,

Hi! Well, my MD said I've got a neuroma in the ball of the foot area, many years ago. He gave me an injection of cortisone. Not a real long-term handling! LOL

My LLMD says that he thinks it's a structural problem with the arch under the ball of my foot, and that I should get a shoe insert made for me.

Well, I'm going to see a podiatrist next week....

Interesting that you're linking these to Bart.

I'll keep you posted, and do the same for me, OK??

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was dx w/it early in my lyme battle. i had the surgery. it was a nightmare. i actually woke up in the middle but was paralyzed by the sedation or whatever they gave me. i felt the pain, heard them talking-burning tugging pain on my foot. but i couldn't move or scream or let them know i was awake.

you hear about this stuff in the papers sometimes.

of course i was too sick after to pursue some kind of legal thing that might have helped me pay for further lyme tx

any way-the surgery didn't help after all that.

very good-expensive -not paid by ins inserts have helped a lot

the ones from a podiatrist were better than the ones form a chiro

ps-i know that surgery thing won't happen to everyone...but you want to be sure you have a goos anestheologist when doing nerve surgery

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Ipkayak. I woke up during a D&C procedure as well. I don't remember the pain but I remember the bright light, all the masked faces and someone yelling that I was awake and to put me back out!

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah-creepy, huh? i wouldn't wish that on anyone. i also had an ortho doc in a hosp assault me...physically-saying my knee couldn't hurt that bad and then he jerked it a wrong way and i blacked out-not before i felt the pain tho

i left the hosp-without permission-saw my own ortho the next day-mri showed the jerk had torn something in my knee-but again-dealing with so many things i couldn't follow up on punishing the guy

he had a rep too..and was not allowed to examin anyone without two nurses obseving...and my roommate was local to the hospital and knew about it and on purpose left the room as soon as he came it

hard to believe...kinda wish one of those lawyers who look for these cases found me...i just couldn't initiate it.

i still have notes i kept...but life goes on...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had them both removed at one time,one on each foot.

Doc said if he didnt do that I wouldnt have other one done.

Extremely painful surgery since you can put "ZERO" weight on front of your foot for a LONG time,,,like 6-8 weeks.

IF you forget,it will quickly remind you!!

You learn to walk like a duck!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Monica,

Haven't gone to the podiatrist yet.

However, I had a reflexology treatment last week--which is usually soooo beneficial---and the therapist worked over the nerves in my foot tooooo much!!

PAIN!!

So, I've been self-treating with some VENEX bee venom ointment every night--just about 1/2 inch topically on the area.

Seems to be calming things down quite a bit!

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement