LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can Rife still be causing me to feel Horrible after a Week ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Rife still be causing me to feel Horrible after a Week ?
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I did too much last week (Monday), 1 min. on babs, bart, and Lyme each. Did the same just two days later, and 1min on Just Lyme on Friday.

Doing nothing now as I'm trying to ride this out, but I am so fatigued, achy, crying jags, gut wrenching migraines, anxiety out the ying yang, air hunger, tremors, and more....

I've been going to bed at like 8:30pm as I'm just so tired and feel like garbage, and sickly. I get into bed and despite the fatigue, having trouble falling asleep.

Shouldn't this be easing up by now instead of getting worse each day ?

Feeling so confused, disoriented right out of bed with terrible anxiety upon awakening. Takes a good hour to just calm down.

Drained beyond belief.

Doing Epsom salt bath 2 x day and enemas galore, but just temp. relief when I do this.

Obviously I'm not doing any treatment right now. I always get scared I hit a new baseline instead of this being a Herx.

Gary

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericaf
Member # 10929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ericaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that the Pekana detox and drainage kit helps me with herxheimer reactions but to the three remedies in the kit I add another 15 drops of another Pekana product called Toxex. I think it makes a difference.

Not much else has ever helped with herxes, not even the 10 drops of Burbur taken every ten minutes that my LLMD told me to do.

Hope you feel better soon.

Erica

Posts: 81 | From Italy | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALL lyme treatments deplete the good guys with the bad.

Healing begins in the gut.

Probiotics are needed...loading doses.

A "sterile" bowel is NOT GOOD.

And yes, you went too fast.

Rife is much more powerful than you can imagine.

And sublingual B6 (Source Naturals) might help.It is P5P which is also called PLP.

That is the ACTIVE form of B6.

Google B6 and all of the symptoms you listed...anxiety, migraines, etc.one by one.

like: B6 anxiety
B6 migraines

And so on.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh oh, told you so (Giggling Voice). But seriously, you have to detoxify with something like Erica mentioned. You're going too fast chief. You're not a special case and the rules apply to pretty much all of us who remain below 50% function. Rife should be used on an inflexible time frame at first. As your body adjusts, you adjust to another inflexible schedule. Do not bounce around on your dates. Make them firm until the therapy has proven it's cycle over a period of months.

This is not my personal opinion. This is the average clinical experience of the general population that use Rife machines for Lyme Disease and co-infections (Especially with Lyme).

Remember, toxins beyond just lipoproteins "may" be released during die off, and your body may not be able to process heavy metals or other things released as the infection dies.

Speculation suggests that heavy metal detox with a "gentle" protocol is useful. Other patients who Rife can give you more information on that though.

Easy does it with Rife man, just like they say in AA. Slow and steady like the tortoise and the hare.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yes!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
most likely you are shifting heavy metals. not much will work until you address that part of lyme disease also. in 13 years i have not met a lyme person without the problem of metal toxicity, neither has my doctor (dr.K).

best wishes.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You now know your treatment time frame is too fast. Unfortunately, this is how you find out how much, is too much.

Adjust your treatment time frame accordingly, and keep refining the timing as you gain more information from your treatments. Everyone has different time frames for removing toxins, as there are an infinite amount of variables with different people.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, how did members like Lymetoo cure her Lyme then? I don't believe that LLMD does intensive or any big chelation?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seek, rife does not remove metals. it merely mobilizes them together with all the other neurotoxins and removing them from the system is a totally different ballgame. I do not know how Lymetoo cured lyme. It's never Lyme alone that makes us so ill. once we understand that, we will be way ahead of the game.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtFsy0rQsak

video to see how Hg impacts our neurons.

But...I was amazed to see what Hg locks onto...

GTP beta.

I wonder what Hg does to Bb's lipoproteins?

Oh...

We conclude here that, first, mercury and methylmercury do not promote direct lipid peroxidation, but that,

second, a simultaneous exposure to high inorganic mercury, copper, and iron and low selenium concentrations can lead to a condition in which

mercury promotes lipid peroxidations.

This mechanism provides a plausible molecular-level explanation for the observed association between high body mercury content and atherosclerosis.

PMID: 15557676

Inhibition of the plastidial

***phosphatidylcholine synthesis***

by silver, copper, lead and *mercury* induced by formation of mercaptides with the lyso-PC acyltransferase

http://tiny.cc/z7YZh

To characterize phospholipids in these organisms, spirochetes were metabolically labeled with [3H]palmitate or [3H]oleate;

B. burgdorferi contained only phosphatidylglycerol and

***phosphatidylcholine*** ,

while T. pallidum contained phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylinositol, and cardiolipin.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=205333

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LD for 8 yrs. Rifing for 4 yrs.

RN

I've read this entire post and don't see any suggestions that Lymetwister could also be dehydrated!

With all the enemas, epsom salt baths, etc. it's a big possibility and that can make you feel horrible!

SLOW DOWN!

Make sure you replenish electrolytes with the water you drink.
The Causes of Dehydration

There are many things that can cause dehydration, the most common are vomiting, diarrhea, blood loss, malnutrition, and plain old failure to replenish liquids lost from sweating and urination (Not drinking enough water). Many illnesses and diseases can trigger acute dehydration due to the increased body temperature and sweating that usually occur. This is why your doctor tells you to drink plenty of fluids when you are ill. Your body uses fluids to expell toxins as well as to keep your system flexible, lubricated and running smoothly. For a more complete list causes, visit the Wikipedia link in the dehydration information section.

The Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration

Symptoms of dehydration usually begin with thirst and progress to more alarming manifestations as the need for water becomes more dire. The initial signs and symptoms of mild dehydration in adults appear when the body has lost about 2% of it's total fluid. These mild dehydration symptoms are often (but not limited to):

Thirst
Loss of Appetite
Dry Skin
Skin Flushing
Dark Colored Urine
Dry Mouth
Fatique or Weakness
Chills
Head Rushes
If the dehydration is allowed to continue unabated, when the total fluid loss reaches 5% the following effects of dehydration are normally experienced:

Increased heart rate
Increased respiration
Decreased sweating
Decreased urination
Increased body temperature
Extreme fatigue
Muscle cramps
Headaches
Nausea
Tingling of the limbs
When the body reaches 10% fluid loss emergency help is needed IMMEDIATELY! 10% fluid loss and above is often fatal! Symptoms of severe dehydration include:

Muscle spasms
Vomiting
Racing pulse
Shriveled skin
Dim vision
Painful urination
Confusion
Difficulty breathing
Seizures
Chest and Abdominal pain
Unconciousness
Be aware that these are not the only symptoms of severe dehydration that may manifest in response to dehydration, these are simply the most common. Symptoms of dehydration will differ from person to person because the body is a complex network of systems and everyone's body is different. When these systems are disturbed due to loss of fluids there will be several common symptoms shared by most bodies, but there may also be unusual or unexpected responses depending on the particular person in question. Age also plays a part in the manifestation of symptoms. Signs of dehydration in a child will not be the same as those experienced by a teenager, adult or in the elderly. Dehydration prevention is the best treatment for every age group. heatstroke is always around the corner.

The above from: http://www.symptomsofdehydration.com/

--------------------
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see....Corrie Ten Boom

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Point..

I have been trying to talk about deydration to my doc but he says my labs do not represent it. Even when i drink plenty of water.. I have a rough time with it.

I am now doing some ringers IVs and notice a nice difference.

There is something to it...

Good Idea and suggestion... I hope he considers this...

[ 10-30-2009, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: springshowers ]

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to drink a LOT of water. One day Marnie PMed me and told me it wasn't good. She was right. I felt butter cutting back to 64-80 oz daily. Can't always believe what you read!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's safe to say that most of us are told by our physicians to take water intake seriously, and thus we usually do - sadly many take it "TOO seriously" and end up feeling worse. We take it serious since we have Lyme Disease and know the huge huge consequences of not doing so. We all know that each of us has different needs per day. Mine is actually under 64, unless I work out. If I work out, I need 8 ounces every three hours, a morning dose of 8 oz mixed with another 8oz, and after working out, another 16oz. I don't obviously measure anymore -- but getting back to what I really want to say.

The tests for dehydration are "not" inaccurate. You either are or aren't. If you're hydrated with an appropriate normal intake (for your specific body) and still feeling bad, it's not a lack of water.

The reason this guy is feeling sick is patently obvious.

Detoxing too much, Rifing Too much, Trying To Live too much -- too fast. Keep the fire burning, but don't burn out bright. Reminds me of a song actually, it applies to our entire circumstances of Lyme, fighting, keeping that fire going, forcing and pushing to break out etc.

Does it have to start with a broken heart
Broken dreams and bleeding parts,
We were young and world was clear
But young ambitions disappear.

I swore it would never come to this,
The average, the obvious,
But I'm still discontented down here, I'm still discontented

If we only got one try.
If we've only got one life
If time was never on our side
Then before I die, I wanna burn out bright.

A spark ignites in time and space
We're limping through this human race
You bite and claw your way back home
But you're running the wrong way
The future is a question mark of kerosene and electric sparks. There's still fire in you
yet, Yeah there's still fire in you!

I keep cleaning up the mess I've made
I won't run away
I can't sleep in the bed I've made

- Jon Foreman, of Switchfoot

Understand what I mean man? There's still fire here, it's a spiritual and psychological yearning to just fight and claw and crawl as far and as fast as you can. So don't run the wrong way, turn around and face the fight. Win some battles, lose some battles, but to win the war -- you can't burn out bright before it's over.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitty9309
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty9309     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto on the dehydration.

Excessive enema use is very dangerous.

And the oppsosite of dehydration could occur- water intoxication- from the body absorbing too much if the liquid from the enema.

It can be deadly.

Posts: 819 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I fear that many enemas is a bad, bad idea and so unnatural. I'm no doctor, but...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement