LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Calling all good googler's or informed internet surfers..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling all good googler's or informed internet surfers..
shelly23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shelly23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First happy monday,
Hope everyone is having the best day possible

Lately, I have been having some abdominal pain,stool issues, constipation ...

It could be a pro biotic need or something more so here i go..

Always constipated, when i am not it feel like there is something up there

Discolored stool yellowish or brigh brown color

Burping, back pain, abdominal discomfort

Now for the test that have been done, ultrasound of my appedex, pancreas, liver, etc

Upper GI

Gallbladder function

Blood work to check liver, kidneys, pancreas, CA-125 all good......

They are thinking about doing a endoscope

Suggestions on disorders etc

Also i bleed just a little when i go to the bathroom i think its because its like tearing its way out. I bruse all over my body easy, i will be 25 soon.. suggestion on what it could be

Thanks

--------------------
Shelly
~ IGM~Positive
CDC Positive
23-25 +
31+++
34++
41+

I am a Dreamer, Believer, and Conquer; I will overcome this disease !!!

Posts: 382 | From Alabama Via PA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there!

Good to see you!

You really need a warning on your post.. for those trying to eat and read at the same time!

HA!

May I suggest...

Try the "stuff" in the grocery store.. of course I can't think of the name of it..

Yogurt like stuff with probiotics... you eat it for X number of days and they assure you it will help.. being advertised on tv and such.

Also.. add Probiotic PEARLS. They come in a 30 or 90 day supply from drug store.

VERY tiny things (pills) but they open up in the lower intestines and are good for those who have trouble with regular probiotics.

You take one a day.. and they seem to help a lot.

I am down to taking a couple a week now.

Hope that helps.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi there. I know this is not the "best" natural option but when constipation gets so bad that I have to have relief.. I use Mirlax.

If your having bleeding and that much constipation and things are not moving along sometimes you got to get in there and get it moving fast and then start using other things to keep it that way.

Like the probiotics and diet and water and maybe some other fiber type things that might help that are more natural.

But if you take mirilax just for a few days you will see a your whole system change. Depending on it and taking it ongoing is not a great idea though.

But in your case.. i would go for something like that just to get things moving. It can make you really sick if your constipated ongoing as the toxins have time to get into your system and cause so many problems

I used to be hospitalized every 6 months or so due to intestinal infections and i figured out on my own i was just not moving fast enough and developed horrible problems of all kinds besides the acute infections.

You can make changes that will create rapid changes in your digestion. That is the good news. A really good probiotic too will help things in a huge way.... to keep it healthy ongoing..

Good Luck.. and I hope you feel better...

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you treated for parasites and worms? Check out Humaworms symptom list and you may be surprised

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shelly23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shelly23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your help, and yes i probably should have a warning, some of your lunches may well have come back up lol sorry

these pearl's your taking about are they fish oil free? I need fish oil free pro biotic suggestions, thanks

--------------------
Shelly
~ IGM~Positive
CDC Positive
23-25 +
31+++
34++
41+

Posts: 382 | From Alabama Via PA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey S...

As for fish oil free...

I just did a quickie search and pulled this up. Look near the bottom of the page.

http://tiny.cc/CsqAj

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shelly23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16124

Thanks

--------------------
Shelly
~ IGM~Positive
CDC Positive
23-25 +
31+++
34++
41+

Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they going to do a colonoscopy on you? Sounds like you might need to have one done since they seem to have run all the other tests on you. I know you probably don't want to have it done but I would just go ahead and do it.

A colonoscopy would be the only way that they could see any possible cancer. Not trying to scare you...it is just that this seems like the next logical test since they have already done all those other tests. It is good to just check and rule that out whenever you are dealing with symptoms in that area.

Probiotics are definitely a good idea. I think everyone needs to be taking a good probiotic...especially those of us on antibiotics.

A good one that I know of is Theralac. My doctor has me on that one. It is good to rotate different ones though if you can.

You can check their website and see if the ingredients are ok with you. http://www.theralac.com/

Take Care!
Pam

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and for your gallbladder testing what did they do? Did they do a HIDA Scan? That would be the one to have to check your gallbladder.

Also do you know what the results were? Sometimes different doctors have different interpretations of what is "normal". My GI said that my HIDA Scan was normal but my LLMD did not agree and put me on some gallbladder meds.

So you may want to check into that.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was your ultrasound done FASTING?

In other words did you not eat anything before your ultrasound?

It makes a diagnostic difference.

If the US shows a "contracted" gallbladder and was done ***when you had fasted***...

``It is suggested that acute hepatic dysfunction may decrease the flow of bile into the gallbladder,

***resulting in a gallbladder that is transiently contracted*** or is not visualized on US.'' (ultrasound)."

Some people may have decreased ability to "detox" meds via the liver - genetic difference.

They usually need LESS of a medicine. If they take too much of a med, it can be toxic to them.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement