LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » OFF ABX FOR A MONTH...DOWNHILL!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OFF ABX FOR A MONTH...DOWNHILL!!!!
kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 13 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

Haven't posted in a while, but felt the urge since not feeling so well.

Long story short, I stopped all ABX about a month ago to detox.

About 2 weeks ago I started noticing increased symptoms popping back up again.

My Bart rashes are FULL BLOWN and I am just not together( feel horrible).

I was on constant oral and IV ABX for over a year before stopping.

I cannot believe in such a short amount of time how everything is coming back again.

I called my doc and my body obviously needs some ABX so I am waiting to hear back from him.

I have been getting real bad headaches, cold chills when my head is hot, feeling very weak and dizzy, and the Brain Fog is intense.

I cannot comprehend a single question asked and it takes a few minutes for a response out of my mouth.

My body overall from the detox feels free of toxins and chemicals ( I don't feel like I am sweating out metal), which is amazing.

Ughhh.... Why so soon, my treatment has been so aggressive over the past year.....

I can't catch a break.

The Lyme, Bart, Babs and Myco are still burning me up aparently.......

I hate TICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just about 3 years now diagnosed.... and getting worse. [Frown]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont really have any advice but just wanted to say that I am sorry that you are reacting so quickly being off the meds for only a month..

It really is such a crazy disease and one that really can take so much away from you....

I have been dealing with lyme off and on for 5 years..Sometimes I really don't know whether I am healing or getting worse..Some days are "normal" and some I just stare out the window wishing...

Yup, I/we all hate ticks... burn em all and give us our life back!!!!

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just an idea. Maybe sure it is not the flu. A couple of others including me got that recently and it feels aweful but can mimic some of our symptoms and be confusing..

If it is .. that might be a good thing... and explain what is happening.

IF not.. I am sooooooooooooooooooo sorry... that really sucks and must be so hard...

I hope you find some logical answer that is fixable ..

Take care..

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trigal2 and springshowers,

I wish I had a "normal" day, but for me it is feel bad everyday and worse another day...

I already checked into the flu and it is not causing it, I wish!!!

Thanks for your responses.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kreynolds, I am with you, no 'normal' days just bad and worse. I have been on abx 2 years. I am so sorry that you are feeling like crap again. Have you ever seen anything like this disease?

It seems invinsible.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
feelfit,

Couldn't have said it better myself....

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so can relate. This is a ***** of a fight.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An incomplete detox can set many neurotoxins in circulation that often can feel worse, especially if one is allergic to some. Many are allergic to fungi/molds etc. and of course the dislodged heavy metals during pathogen die-off. May be something to look into.

Feel better soon!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right, Gigi.

What kind of detox were you doing?

Sorry to hear that you are not doing well right now.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kreynolds - sorry to hear this. I have seen the same thing happen with my children. After 8 months of babs treatment, we tried a break and the symptoms came right back. Same with the bart.

I'm sure you know this already, but I have heard (I think from Dr. B) that if the symptoms come back quickly (within a couple weeks), they are more likely to be symptoms from coinfections rather than Lyme, which takes longer to show symptoms after stopping treatment.

Hope you can knock it out this time around.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tick battler:
I'm sure you know this already, but I have heard (I think from Dr. B) that if the symptoms come back quickly (within a couple weeks), they are more likely to be symptoms from coinfections rather than Lyme, which takes longer to show symptoms after stopping treatment.tickbattler

My doctor said the same thing. All of us (husband, 2 sons, me) seem to only have Lyme now. I can feel better when I'm off antibiotics, but I still have some Lyme symptoms.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement