LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » flu shots

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flu shots
lymewarrior03
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3891

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lymewarrior03   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had a flu shot as a lymie?
Friend had one and got the flu @ 2 wks later.
Now sick with congestion and lyme symptoms WORSE.
Doc says nothing can do.
Prob not Swine.

Posts: 661 | From NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesNYC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesNYC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes a few weeks to build up immunity for the vaccine. But if it's a different strain of flu, the vaccine won't help.

Your friend will get better.

I'm getting the H1N1 shot if I can ever find one. And the reg'lar ol' flu shot as well. Don't need no stinking flu of any kind.

James

Posts: 872 | From New York City | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My lymie sister got the seasonal flu shot a couple of months ago...she's fine. I got the seasonal flu shot four days ago...so far, so good. My lymie son got both the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 shots, he's fine, too.

Lymers

Posts: 287 | From Humboldt County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please listen to this audio by Dr. Blaylock before anyone believes the media and gets more vaccines. It's the long term effects we have to woryy about...not short term. It's how the shots dysregulate our immune system unnaturally. He also advises in article on how to detox from vaccines

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/03/What-We-Have-Learned-About-the-Great-Swine-Flu-Pandemic.aspx

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will never and have never gotten any flu shots other than when a jerk doctor gave me one unsuspecting. They rush these to the market to make money, poorly tested and not necessarily. Most people fight it and get better. I have had two family members who had the flu, one was Swine and he got better quickly and that was that.

Plus, if you continue to inject Mercury into your system which is in the flu shots....good luck ever getting better from Lyme!

There is a lot, I repeat, a lot of hype over Swine flu. Ignore it.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[bonk]
C'mon now daystar - this is the US.
We have no clue what the word long term means !

Dont know about the rest of the world but everything here is immediate ! The chem engineers are the ones we are supposed to bow down to [bow]

Listening to those old docs isn't cool. Except............

Having listened to Dr Blaylock I am pretty impressed with his experience and insights.

Two of us old docs in agreement. And from such different doc backgrounds. Whoooda thunk...
[Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taximom
Member # 23176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taximom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by richedie:
I will never and have never gotten any flu shots other than when a jerk doctor gave me one unsuspecting. They rush these to the market to make money, poorly tested and not necessarily. Most people fight it and get better. I have had two family members who had the flu, one was Swine and he got better quickly and that was that.

Plus, if you continue to inject Mercury into your system which is in the flu shots....good luck ever getting better from Lyme!

There is a lot, I repeat, a lot of hype over Swine flu. Ignore it.

What richedie said.

Also wanted to add, that even though I am a newbie here, one of my long-term Lymie friends had her symptomatic downward spiral after receiving a second round of "required" vaccines (including a flu shot, I believe) when her doctor lost her records and she was required to be up-to-date on all shots for her job.

I also know someone who contracted Guillaine-Barre Syndrome from a flu shot and died.

Posts: 23 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks taximom.
Sad but true.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is having an asthma flare-up and the pediatrician wanted her to have the vaccine and I declined. He said all asthma patients should have it. I have asthma too and haven't had it either.

Now I'm second-guessing myself in regard to my daughter. I would die if she got the flu and had complications because of her asthma.

What's a mom to do? I heard Dr. Blaylock and was impressed with his common sense approach.

I don't remember if he said anything about people with asthma though.

Linky

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
said it before, say it again. never ever again.

i got a flue shot years ago, and it started a downward spiral of which i have yet to recover.

my doc does not recommend them. i'm too sick anyway.

i got the worst case of flu i've ever had and ws sick for weeks.

not only no, but ___ no.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have asthma too. NO shots for me!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have asthma.....and you know when it started to appear?????? When I was a child during the time of my life when I was vaccinated. It has gotten abit worse over the years...more chronic but I do feel that it probably resulted from the vaccines.

We are seeing not only an exponential rise in autoimmune disease but also in allergies and asthma. I forget where I read it but there was an article which talked about certain doctors who kept track of their immunized patients and those who were unvaccinated.

The unvaccinated were the healthiest by far...with none of the chronic problems, including allergies and asthma,that vaccinated children are facing.

The vaccine companies feel that we will never be able to trace the connections. This is why they always emphasize the short term reactions and nothing is ever mentioned about long term immune dysfunction.

Can you imagine what would happen to the drug companies if we all began demanding to see the long term studies which haven't even been performed....except for on the population as a whole?

It is unbelievable to me that they have recommended that pregnant women be injected with 2 and three shots. This is criminal!

One other thought....the drug companies also make millions by selling symptomatic treatments for the immune problems that the vaccines cause. Looks to me like they are continually creating a future market for their symptomatic drugs.

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taximom
Member # 23176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taximom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There does seem to be evidence that vaccines can induce asthma: http://www.jstor.org/pss/3702662

It's very difficult to find, but the information is there. It's just buried amongst millions of sites recommending MORE vaccines for those with asthma. But those sites offer NO studies showing that increasing the vaccine load helps in any way.

The vaccine companies are very good at dodging demands for long-term studies. Whenever that becomes an issue (like recently, when the autism community began demanding VALID studies), they just have the media whip everyone into a frenzy over a "pandemic."

Posts: 23 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s0ngbird1962
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s0ngbird1962     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 8 year old has asthma, every Sept she had terrible flare-ups that lasted months & ended up turning into pneumonia 4 times by the time she was 6.

Started getting her the seasonal flu shot & now she has had only a few minor asthma flares & no pnuemonia for the past 2 years.

She had the seasonal this year. Won't have H1N1. Believe we both had it in Aut. anyways.

My lymie has had neither vacc despite LLMD's recommendation all kids have them. This is one of those times, I'm listening to my gut instead....

--------------------
Mom to a 5 year old lymie....
Taking it one day at a time.

Posts: 182 | From Ipswich, MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Just found this article on Twitter. Just what we've been talkin about. Vaccines possibly being the cause of autoimmune disease, allergies....asthma

http://twitwall.com/view/?what=070E020E02

baileygirl
Member # 19658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My nephew who is only 6 is in the hospital with a serious case of pneumonia as a complication of the flu. He is really sick. This flu is no joke. My kids got the H1N1 vaccine as well as seasonal flu. I also got seasonal flu vaccine.
Posts: 77 | From MD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how many of you are on facebook? But there are a lot of lyme friends on there that are on other lyme sites also.

We all post a lot of links and videos on this subject. We have been doing so for many months. I have so many that I can't post them all here.

I will post of few incase they are of any help to anyone.

Dr Mercola's swine flu updates:
http://swineflu.mercola.com/sites/swineflu/home.aspx

The importance of Vitamin D:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/10/21/avoid-flu-shots-vitamin-d-is-a-better-way.aspx

Dr. Tenpenny is respected as one of the country's most knowledgeable and outspoken physicians regarding the impact of vaccines on health. This is an interview she did with Alex Jones. http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=xc0YG_B48OY

Vaccine injury and death stories:
http://thinktwice.com/stories.htm

Potential Downside Of Yearly Influenza Vaccination For Children:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/169400.php

Flu vaccines, pregnancy & children..What you need to know: http://www.safeminds.org/about/documents/SM%20Flu%20Brochure%202009-2010.pdf

Do You Really Want That Flu Shot?
http://www.rocklintoday.com/news/templates/alternative_medicine.asp?articleid=8213&zoneid=55

Vaccine ingredients:
http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/

Do NOT Let Your Child Get Flu Vaccine - 9 Reasons Why:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/06/Why-You-Should-NOT-Vaccinate-Your-Children-Against-the-Flu-This-Season.aspx

That is just the tip of the iceberg. I have a ton more information. If anyone is interested look me up on facebook. Listed name is "Amy Schuster Clare"

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
http://lymetimes3.blogspot.com/
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08
My mom Igenex + 11/08 & My brother Igenex + 4/09, My 2 boys some + & IND bands, clinical diagnosis 3/09 (youngest has Aspergers too)

Posts: 470 | From Painesville, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also like this article.

A Review of Four Approved Swine Flu Vaccines' Ingredients:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/05/Swine-Flu-Vaccine-Ingredients.aspx

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08
My mom Igenex + 11/08 & My brother Igenex + 4/09, My 2 boys some + & IND bands, clinical diagnosis 3/09 (youngest has Aspergers too)

Posts: 470 | From Painesville, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Thankyou for those links Amy. I think it is very important to boost our immune systems naturally. I don't think we have become smarter than God/nature yet.

I've been trying to observe this swine flu "event" since the spring. In the past I have been interested in the political and financial interests of the drug companies, government agencies and the media.Apparently they are all intertwined....which to me means we can't trust any of them.

I'm not sure what this flu is developing into but it was mild to begin with. It may not even be one specific flu....because on the whole they are not testing for it. People are just being told that is what they have.

There has been one thing that really sticks out to me. The media/govt/corporations have been warning us and scaring us that it was going to get worse. Almost like its not a matter of IF but WHEN.How can they be so sure?

Then the flumist is introduced first before most other vaccines. Flumist contains contains a live virus which can shed and spread to others. The manufacturer even warns that people who get the shot should not be near those who are immune compromised. What kind of insanity is that...giving a vaccine that will spread to others?????

A few weeks ago in Connecticut, the news shows many children lined up for the flumist. It shows them being squirted up the nose. Then about a week or so later, we have entire school systems shutting down. To me this stinks of an orchestrated epidemic. We are being manipulated.

I have parts of a CDC powerpoint presentation given to a vaccine summit meeting....which lists all the ways to create fear to increase vaccine demand.

Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

daystar1052
I agree with you 110%!!!

btw my sister in law got the mist for her kids on Saturday. I didn't want my kids around her so I said something. Now she is mad.

She claims it's only a problem for people with "severely" weak immune systems. Like bone marrow transplants.

Then says it's for only 1 week. But I heard up to 3 weeks.

Interesting thing is that they give the 2nd dosage 3 weeks after. So if you think of how they say vaccines work then it would make sense that it would be active in them for 3 weeks and then they give them a 2nd dosage to keep it active.

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Dr. Mercola's newsletter:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/17/Obama-Administration-Launches-Deceptive-Swine-Flu-Propaganda-Blitz.aspx

There are signs that the public across the world is starting to ``get'' it, however.

France, for example, has only been able to convince 0.1 percent of their population to get vaccinated. As of November 5, only 50,000 Frenchmen had lined up for the shot since the beginning of their campaign, out of a population of 65 million. And only 10 percent of health care workers have received the vaccine.

The French Health minister called the mass vaccination campaign ``timid.''

Let's keep it that way, everywhere, for everyone's safety.

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gahagan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gahagan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD recommended against any flu shot, including H1N1. However, I chose to ignore that advice. ha ha. Here's why: There are "experts" on both sides of any vaccine debate. H1N1 is no exception.

For many years I would be sick with [what I thought was] a cold every fall and winter. I always thought I was getting really bad colds (and not the flu) because I thought the flu was vomitting and diahrrea also with cold symptoms. Then I learned the truth, that influenza usually does not cause symptoms in the stomach and intestines and is instead largely repiratory. Influenza Faq's

Anyhow, I finally decided that I was probably catching influenza rather than just the common cold and began getting yearly flu vaccines. Any vaccine does not protect against ALL strains of the flu and this means you can still become ill. I, in fact, had one of my worst cases of influenza during a season when a strain ran rampant that was not expected and therefore not included in the vaccine. I landed in the ER. Other than that time, I have been MUCH healthier every year and (knock on wood)that was the only time I've gotten the flu since getting vaccinated.

So..back to the point. My job demands very close contact for long periods of time in a small room with people too ignorant to stay home when they are sick. AND they bring their sick family and friends with them! I and my co-workers are constantly battling illness because of this.

I've heard the risks that some warn regarding influenza vaccines. However, I'm not sure I buy into it.....then again, I'm not sure I don't. What I AM SURE OF is that if I don't get vaccinated, I WILL get whatever flu is galavanting around my little room. I always do.

Some have said those with TBD should not get the vaccine because of their compromised immune systems; my compromised immune system is precisely why I felt vaccinations were especially necessary.

Maybe it's a crap shoot. I feel everybody has to place their own bet in this gamble and let the cards fall where they may.

P.S. My husband, who also has Lyme and other TBD, chose NOT to get vaccinated. Go figure.

Posts: 212 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just so confused about the whole issue.

I refused to get my son vaccinated even though he has asthma, but now he has heaven knows what. He's got a fever, a cough, runny nose, and over the weekend he was complaining of a stomachache.

It makes me mad that they were giving these vaccines at his school--both the shot and the mist--so he is in contact with these kids that could be shedding the virus.

I know what line I'll get if I say anything--I should have gotten him vaccinated, blah, blah, blah.

I know what my plans for tomorrow are going to be--doctor. Again.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Baxter Labs and possibly other labs who

each received over 72kilograms of mixed vaccine

should be in jail. It is a maximum level lab who

distributed the 17 batches and virtually impossible

to do by their admitted mistake.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement