LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Quest Diagnostics ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quest Diagnostics ?
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I "thought" Quest was not the go to Lab for testing Lyme/Co-infections. Maybe I was wrong?

My past LLMD had tested via Igenex and Stonybrook.

I saw a new LLMD last week and thought it was a pretty good appointment but I had forgot to ask which Lab he was going to test wtih.

I called this morning and found out that he sent everything out to Quest...

Has there been a change in Quest testing that they are now being used by LLMDs?

Just a bit concerned and looking for feedback from others regarding Quest.

Thanks. TG

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be concerned too. Only a VERY FEW LLMD's use Quest... for good reason. It stinks.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lymetoo..That's what I thought as well..

So now I wonder if that 2 month wait to see this LLMD was a waste..Hopefully he will tx based on symptoms not lab results because I have always been negative with Quest - even when I was positive with other labs.

All of this just makes me more tired.

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, that would make me tired too!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
El stinkeroo for Lyme and related. Hope it wasn't out of pocket. And if you had positive tests with other labs and they were pretty recent, why would an LLMD run further tests (Lyme & co) when you could have brought your results with you.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Well, Quest was not out of pocket -that is in network.

I was told when I made the appointment he used Igenex, so I assumed he did. Now I find this out after the fact.

Those other positive results were from 2005-2007. 2008 and 2009 I had no testing (outside of Quest from PCP) but lots of tick bites and lyme symptoms which had gotten really bad since Aug.

Why would this LLMD use Quest??? I mean come on..He did come highly recommended. Maybe he has a reason.

I will see what results the tests yield but bottom line is that I want to be treated based on history of tick bites and current symptoms. Afterall isint that what an LLMD typically does after everything else is ruled out?

Ergggg...TG

LuluBellesMama
Member # 22583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuluBellesMama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you I got pos on Sept 25 through Quest. PErhaps something has changed, but I was being tested for inflammation by a orthopedic dr.

--------------------
------------
9.16.09 IGG+ 23 41
9.25.09 dx w/Lyme
10.22.09 first LLMD Appt

http://www.mylymelife.com

Posts: 69 | From CT | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

LULU.. You were VERY lucky. It DOES happen, but not very often.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quest is not the best lab, we all know that.

But here's my pollyanna thought - since he came highly recommended by other patients.

Maybe, *just maybe*, he used Quest as a first line - since it is in-network for you?

My LLMD used Quest for some of the TBD testing - with the caveat that if it came back negative we would be sending to Igenex, MDL, Stonybrook, Clongen, etc.

She uses all the labs, and was trying to save money for me.

Lucky for me - Quest came back positive for every TBD tested except Bb. So I didn't have to pay out of pocket for everything, just for Bb testing.

(Oh, and by the way - Igenex came back negative, despite the positive PCR generated by MDL - go figure.)

Just a thought - maybe you can ask him when you get the results?

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh quest....my doc doesn't use them. he uses labcorp and igenex.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest you ask your doctor. Some docs know the people in their local Quest labs, and know if they are good or not.

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement