LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Condensed Cowden Poll-Former Abx users, etc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condensed Cowden Poll-Former Abx users, etc
djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks-

I am using this protocol along w/ extensive detox and metal chelation.

I have been on/off abx for a while w/ some success and relapse/s.

I am curious if there are others like me that have given this a go, and what your experience is/was.

It is definitely non toxic, seems just as potent, and easier on the body (mine at least)

I have extensive neurological and physical symptoms but still feel the more natural approach at this time is where I am being led.

Anyway, those of you who have used the program for 3+ months, would you mind sharing your stories?

I understand alot of patients throw some of the herbs in here and there, but I am most interested in those of you who have followed or are following the whole program for 3+ months...

Condensed (round 1)=
2 microbials (samento, banderol)
4 detox agents (burbur, parsley, pinella, sparga)
1 Biofilm/hypercoagulation agent (Serrapeptase)
1 Magnesium form (malate)

This is to be built and expanded on, but is the general idea.

Thanks in advance for sharing

Best

Derek

[ 11-21-2009, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: djf2005 ]

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one, really?

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing the condensed but round 1 is Cumanda and Enula, not Banderol. I am only 30 days in, and trying to get to the full dose of Samento in addition to the other two: I do believe even a couple of drops creates a herx, so I am going slow. I am combining it with Ceftin: have been on this combo for about a month and do feel much better. Went from bed bound to back at work, though I still have the symptoms (mine were also neurological) and the going is still rough.
Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use samento but not his version which is very expensive. I buy it in capsule form and take 1500mg a day along with 1000mg grapefruit seed extract for the cyst form. I have used it for 8 months to treat borellia without abx until recently. I was also taking HH for bartonella which failed so about 2-3 weeks ago started rifampin and then zithromax, which helps some with borellia. I also take other supplements for antioxidants, inflammation, mineral and vitamin replacement and fighting biofilms.

I have found that herbs keep things in remission for awhile but does not wipe it out and cure you so you have to be aware of flare ups, not allowing things to get out of control, thinking that you are herxing.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JudyEric
Member # 4070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JudyEric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son has been on a protocol with alternating Samento and Cumanda every 2 weeks (with a 36 hour break in between). He has been taking 20 drops 2X/day for almost one year. He drinks lots of water with Burbur throughout the day.

When he started on this he could barely tolerate 1/4 of one drop of Samento. We only increased it by 1/4 drop every 4 or 5 days. This treatment has kept him functioning pretty well during treatment. It is also easy for a teenager to comply to. His CD-57 was 40 at one time. He just had it run again and it is over 200! So it's time to cross our fingers and run the western blot again.

He takes lots of supplements to support his system and to detox along with the Cowden herbal tinctures.

--Judy

Posts: 67 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is on the Limited Cowden which is different
from the Condensed as my LLMD explained it.

He is on Cumanda and Samento and Parsley.
This is after being ready to come off abx
after a year and half of treatment. So far he is doing well. He easily got to a full dose fast
and seems to be fine with it.

Posts: 476 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I appreciate them very much.

PSR- you may have the old program info, as the new condensed month 1 is here-------> http://www.nutramedix.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=5&idproduct=15
(as i listed above, it also comes w/ a manual, etc)

I am glad you are doing good enough to be able to be back to work, I am looking to that hopefully soon as well... [Smile]

Judy- I would be interested in hearing about what your son is taking for detox and supplements as well. Always looking for new perspective..

Stacy- Very glad to hear your son is doing well, that is great news.

Thanks in advance.

Derek

--------------------

[email protected]

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used full Cowden for six months. I can't remember if we started abx while I was still on it or if we waited. Probably due to coinfections it wasn't enough for me. I ended up back on abx.

I think it's a good idea to find natural stuff that works, and if it works for you, that's all that matters. [Smile]

Some other herbs I REALLY liked are adrographis and resveratrol. I still take resveratrol.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks DJF,

I hope the protocol works well for you too.
I agree with Six about the other herbs too.
I found the Resveratol worked really well.

Posts: 476 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Thanks guys.

I didnt realize you did 6 months cowden six, that may have been a part of your healing then also. I have co-infections (we all do) but I hope that doesn't mean I'll end up back on abx, although whatever works is what works for me.

I have used buhner's stuff in the past, but not with the commitment level I am currently taking w/ cowden so perhaps in the future adding them would be of benefit.

I have enough resveratrol and andrographis for a small army.

Best

Derek

--------------------

[email protected]

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used full-Cowden for six months and limited for many months after that. I stopped it before I went to Germany when I stopped abx. I took Buhner for a month or so at that time because Dr and I weren't quite happy with the Cowden results. But that's the nice thing about herbs ..... even though they have one name or another, you can mix protocols if you need to.

Cowden's enula was definitely a help for me ... I passed about 30 10-15 in. roundworms on it!!! eek!

I also really liked the parsley and burbur and still use them when I do my monthly maintenance photon treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Yeah I am hearing the same w/ enula from a lot of people, I personally herx very badly on it on a small experimental dose so I am looking forward to using it in the future.

I think parasites are a big part of the picture for many of us, and there's alot of endless abx usage for many who overlook this...

Humaworm is in the future for me as well, although enula will be the gentler of the two to begin with..

I have been using burbur and parsley for years now and recently adding the pinella and sparga (sparga is for sulphur detox) have been of aid as well...

Seems in the new program Lee has put alot more emphasis on detox as well as introducing infused herbs which I still do not fully grasp..

The Mag malate has been a great form of mag for me and the serrepeptase very effective...

Overall I am very pleased with the new program, the guide especially making it easy to follow and document....

Take care

Derek

--------------------

[email protected]

psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi djf2005
Thanks for the heads up. I am definitely doing the old protocol. Will have to call them to figure out how to transition. I am doing better, and my "bad' days are still fairly functional, but I am sick to death of having to deal with the pain & fatigue on a daily basis. When I try to add more activities, etc., I end up feeling awful. Oh well - trying to count my blessings

Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Hang in PSR, I can relate totally to being sick to death of being sick to death.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired...

I could go on... [Smile]

Keep counting your blessings as it is the only way to move forward in a positive manner. I will continue to strive to do the same.

Best

Derek

--------------------

[email protected]

PB4
Member # 20799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PB4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
djf-
I am on condensed Cowden and have been since July. I have followed it to the letter and I have improved. I was very sick when I started and I would say I'm at about 60% now.

From reading other posts, I gather that others have not had total success with it, but I tend to do better with natural things. ABX did not help me.

I think I still have two or three month on this and I will see it through until I am as well as I can be.

I really like the program and I believe it was designed with specific combinations so they could work together. That is why I have been so strict in the way that I follow it.

I believe that I would be well at an even higher percentage if I wasn't dealing with metals and mold. I'm working on them too and I am so determined!!!!!!!This is hard work, but I really want my life back.

By the way- I have never ordered from them, but a friend told me that there is an online business called greenpharmacy(.com?) that sells Cowden herbs at a pretty good price. I am well stocked right now, but I may try them inthe future.

Hang in there with the program.
PB

Posts: 78 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

PB4-

Thank you very much for your encouraging post.

I am so glad to hear you are at 60% now and I hope it gets you even further.

Most days recently I have been at about 20% but I am confident that if I am diligent w/ this program I will progress decently.

I am also dealing w/ genetic detox issues, mold, metals, and other stuff so I can relate to your frustration.

Thanks for the recc on the site for the herbs, I have been using myherbs.net for some time now as they are the cheapest I can find.

Take care and continue healing

Derek

--------------------

[email protected]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement