LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone had success with the Dr. S Inflammation Diet????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone had success with the Dr. S Inflammation Diet????
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already ate very well,

But, I wanted to try his Inflammation Diet. I have been on it for three days and no change so far. It is hell! I figure if I feel no change on the first week, I might go right to phase four which is pretty much how i eat anyway.

I wonder if it takes more than a week. For inflammation a week to see a difference could be enough but it can depend on how I used to eat....which was always good.

On the other hand, after that and before Christmas I might try cutting out Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Corn, Night Shade Veggies, and Eggs to wee what happens after two weeks.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't tried it but did hear about one person who did and they reported no great results. Sorry!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF said this doc asked her to do another diet that worked out well. I'd check with her.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seekhelp, what was the diet she did? TF is not on the forum often.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I did it for a while. We had been eating very reasonable before (glutenfree, sugar free, no alcohol, no coffee, no processed foods, etc.) and we did most of Dr. S. recommendations, anyway.

My husband's high blood pressure went down very nicely with the diet - unfortunately, he wouldn't stick with it due to the restrictions.

For me the diet was a disaster. I have a fructose malabsorbance and berries and fruits are bad for me - I got a nasty diarrhea from it.

I hate fish so there was not much left to eat. After one week I became totally fatigued and weak like I had never been before in my life.

It took me many months to recover from it.

My conviction is: there is no diet that is good for everyone. What is good for one may be bad for another person. Everyone has to find out what he/she can support.

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not familiar with his diet but I do know that the allergenic foods that you said you may cut out before Christmas can cause big problems.

Gluten makes my BP 30 points higher..systolic and diastolic.

Sugar makes my pain much worse. I assume you already avoid this one.

Corn(syrup) is like poison.

I think you would do well eliminating the allergenic foods you mentioned.

Our immune systems have developed many sensitivities....can be to any food/ingredient.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

OK, maybe I'll skip the Dr. S diet. I hate fish too and can't eat that many eggs so I have been eating brown rice, nuts and veggies for three days with no change so far. He said in the book if any of these foods are adding to inflammation.....you should see results almost over night!I want to throw up, I need more.

The way I typically eat is whole foods, hardly anything processed, no refined foods, sugar, etc.
Typical breakfast is whole oats, maybe a piece of fruit, maybe some egg whites, maybe red skin potatoes.

I snack on nuts, seeds, green apples, berries and veggies. Most lunches include something like lentils, beans, brown rice, veggies, maybe some sprouted grain bread, etc.

Dinner could be anything from organic chicken, rice, veggies, salad, tofu, a rare plate of whole wheat pasta or brown rice pasta, beans, you get the idea! LOL.

I also snack on oatmeal at times or cream of buckwheat.

One thing I have not done in going through Lyme treatment is cut out all starchy carbs and breads. I still eat red skin potatoes and they are allowed on the Ecology diet! I also eat whole oats, buckwheat and brown rice with the occassional sprouted grains. My Lyme doc is OK with this. She doesn't restict me other than junk food, refined foods, etc.

So, maybe my next approach should be to try to eliminate all foods that are high on the list for food sensitivites, inflammation. Things like nightshades, wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, etc....

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

richedie
Member # 14689

Well, I gave up on my phase one. After 4 days...I had no reliefe and I was straving and getting nausous thinking of the same foods. I had organic turkey meatloaf with a side of red potatoes and stringbeans.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Richard1062
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard1062     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We studied Dr. S's diet but our daughter is doing a variation of it, really it doesn't have to be so extreme.

Stopping gluten reduced headaches
stopping dairy reduced nausea
stopping nightshades reduced joint pain a tiny bit
stopping sugar just makes good sense

No carbs just doesn't work well for her, so she goes right ahead and eat them -- root vegetables, gluten free breads (yuk) quinoa pasta, etc.

Posts: 228 | From Mass. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

No carbs is bad for anyone anyway....just eat whole intact carbs.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement