LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chills and goosebumps, really annoying!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chills and goosebumps, really annoying!
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any experience or insight into this?

I have been having waves of chills and I break out in goosebumps, sometimes all over, other times just in my legs. Sometimes my armpits are perspiring at the same time.

It is my one lingering symptom. Some days I barely have it, others its all day. At times moving my arm or leg causes this to happen. I will be comfortable sitting on the couch, get up to walk to another room and this happens. A random thought or music can cause it to occur as well.

It is not my thyroid.

It seems like something (adrenals, nervous system?) is in overdrive. My gut tells me it is not Babesia even though my doctor thinks it is. Wouldn't I have more symptoms going on

Anyone have any idea what it could be? Its really annoying and uncomfortable.

Thanks.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES! I had this same annoying symptom. I haven't had it in awhile thank goodness, but you are not alone!

Mine always occured on the left side of my body. Out of nowhere I'd break out in goosebumps. I don't know what cause it... definately think it's neurological in nature though.

Hope it goes away for you!

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnywv
Member # 23012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnywv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i get it also and it seems like the goosebumps

hurt if touch them. weird!!!!!!

Posts: 72 | From West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies. It is really annoying and debilitating at times.

Any idea what caused it for you or what helped resolve it?

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chills and sweats are on the symptom list for Babesia.

I used to get chills and sweats but since I'm into treatment for Babesia for almost six months, chills and sweats have been very rare.

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeFamof3
Member # 23475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeFamof3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, sounds like Babesia. I have Babesia Duncani and Babesia Microti. I've been told by two Lyme doctors that day sweating is Duncani and night sweats are Microti. The weird thing is, I never knew I had Babesia until after I started Lyme treatment. I tested negative in November, started Lyme treatment and then tested positive in January. So, if you doctor tests you and it is still negative, I would still ask to try treatment to see if your symptoms get better.

Good luck!!

--------------------
~ Chris

Posts: 3 | From Frisco, TX | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garunner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for garunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have this, too. My LLMD prescribed Lyrica....not sure if it is helping yet.

--------------------
IV graduate. As of 1/10, oral Omnicef, Minocyline, Mycobutin, Levaquin, and Flagyl. Lyrica and a bunch of supplements.

Posts: 123 | From Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Kareamber, Elaine, glad to hear your chills/goosebumps have resolved.

Hopefully garunner, johnny, and I will be following in your footsteps!

--------------------
unsure445

IckyTicky
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have babs, but I do have the massive goosebumps/chills that you are talking about. It comes in great waves and the goosebumps actually hurt. It's not the same kind of "chills" that other people refer to. Mine come from out of nowhere or are sometimes triggered by sights/sounds/touch etc.

It is also my 8 yr old's main symptom. It makes her body physically contort for a second, it hits her so hard.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymedOut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymedOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Yes! Finally, there is someone else that has this. The goosebumps are very uncomfortable. They start in one area and radiate to others. I hate them! I don't have babesia either. I noticed that when I start treatment, they seem to get worse.

I'm so glad you posted this. I've tried explaining this to my husband and he just doesn't get it. It's not like regular goosebumps. These are so uncomfortable!

--------------------
The advice I give, should not be considered medical advice. My opinion comes from years of research and experience.

Posts: 233 | From Somewhere | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Ickyticky and Lymedout,
If you don't have babesia what does your doctor think is causing it?
Just curious.
Thanks!

--------------------
unsure445

Lauralyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have deep chills all the time and I have babs

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymedOut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymedOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unsure,

I haven't mentioned the chills yet because they had gone away for a while around the time I saw my doctor. They have started back up again though but are less intense as before. I don't get them everyday anymore. The only thing I've changed since then was my antibiotics.(Amoxy and Levaquin for a while). I do have Bart.

Has anyone else gotten an answer? When it first started with me, I thought it maybe could be related to all the UTI's I get but that still wouldn't explain why I've never felt this way when I've had a UTI in the past.

--------------------
The advice I give, should not be considered medical advice. My opinion comes from years of research and experience.

Posts: 233 | From Somewhere | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LizaLu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizaLu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you check your body temperature daily?

I get chills, and check my temp and its usually 96.5-97.0. Then, on the flip side, i go into shaking episodes (tremors) and my temp is high, but then comes down to 98.6.

The Bb likes lower temps...we gotta raise it to fight it off.

I am always chilly and sweat during the day, and then recently changed abx protocol, and got night sweats.

Diagnosed by IgeneX as negative for Babs. Doubt it!!!

Posts: 123 | From Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement