LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » CONSTANT HEAD PRESSURE???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CONSTANT HEAD PRESSURE???
JOLA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOLA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELL, THIS IS MY FIRST POST SO BEAR WITH ME TIL I GET IT RIGHT. DIAGNOSED IN MAY W/LYME, BABS, BART,EHRL. I'M FROM VANCOUVER, BC AND SO I TRAVEL MONTHLY TO SEATTLE TO SEE DR. R. CURRENTLY ON MEPRON,BIAXIN, CEFTIN,DIFLUCAN PLUS A MULTITUDE OF HERBS. TRAZADONE FOR SLEEP, METH FOR PAIN ATIVAN FOR ANXIETY AND SYNTHAROID FOR HYPOTHY. I GUESS YOU COULD SAY I AM A TYPICAL LYMIE-SORE JOINTS, NUMB HANDS, TWITCHES, VISION PROBLEMS, FATIGUE AND SO ON....I HAVE STARTED TO SEE IMPROVEMENT IN MY HANDS AND MY JOINTS DON'T SEEM QUITE SO BAD-ABOUT 5/10. WHAT ISN'T GETTING ANY BETTER MAYBE EVEN WORSE IS MY STIFF NECK , MY BALANCE AND DIBILITATING HEAD PRESSURE. MOST OF THE TIME I WALK LIKE I'M DRUNK AND MY MEMORY IS SHOT AND I FEEL LIKE I'M LOSING MORE AND MORE COGNITIVE FUNCTION. SO I'M STARTING TO WONDER IF THER'S SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN MISSED. THIS HEAD PRESSURE AND DIZZINESS IS 24/7,I'M EVEN DIZZY WHEN I GO TO BED. SO GETTING TO THE POINT OF DESPERATION. ALSO MY HUSBAND HAS ORDERED A DCOIL MACHINE. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.
Posts: 146 | From Vancouver, BC | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aileenhome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aileenhome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a small exercise I got from my physical therapist that might help. I will try to explain right side and left is the opposite.

With the first finger of your right hand feel a little hard bone under/behind your right ear. Push up on that very gently and at the same time, with the thumb and first finger of your left hand, gently pull the trangular cartilage piece of your ear out to the side. This will increase drainage in your head. It is a very subtle movement and you may not notice a difference at first.

Can I suggest that you don't use cap letters when posting and break it up into short paragraphs because some people have trouble reading a long post. Feel better.

Posts: 133 | From Far Hills, NJ 07931 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aileenhome,
I just tried that, and it does seem to unclog my ears.

Jola, just posted this recently, so you may want to do a search for head pressure, but I have found guaifenesin, or Mucinex very helpful.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnywv
Member # 23012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnywv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok where is the triangle???
Posts: 72 | From West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aileenhome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aileenhome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the piece of cartilage attached to the side of your head and not the ear itself - it is called the tragus so maybe if you Google that you will get a picture of it.
Posts: 133 | From Far Hills, NJ 07931 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LizaLu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizaLu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MSworld board requires posting in All caps.

That's what i remember anyways.

Posts: 123 | From Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julielynne4
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just read this thread because I saw "head pressure" and I have recently had this and it is truly awful.

I am on Mepron and Biaxin. I think I am going to try the Mucinex or guiafenisin. I also feel like my memory is getting worse, I feel quite disoriented.

I have trouble focusing to do anything, more trouble than usual. My head feels like it is under so much pressure. Sometimes it feels like I can feel every muscle that is used when my eyes move - don't know if that makes sense.

I am hoping this is a herx, and if so, that it ends soon.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found Mucinex, one every twelve hours, miraculous for me.

The other thing that really helped is that I get a clindamycin IV treatment for a week/month, and the clindy really cleared up the head pressure. I used to have swelling by my temples and pain in my scalp, and it is gone.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement