LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » quick question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: quick question
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM FINALLY GETTING TO SEE A INFECTIOUS DIEASE DR. i have cmv, ebv, mycobactrium, hhv6, hsv1, lyme
thats a lot.

anyways...would seeing this type of dr for my visuses make a difference, i mean like would they

put me on medications, or would the lyme dr handle these viruses too.

would i be wasting my time going to the infectious diease dr.

any input would be helpful.thanks

--------------------
IgM: Neg Neg 34IND 39IND
41+ 83-93IND

IgG: Neg Neg 41+

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

GOD GIVE IT, AND GOD CAN TAKE IT AWAY

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say wasting time.

Lyme docs will treat the other conditions that go along with Lyme.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StephenC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StephenC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LLMD > ID if you think you have Lyme disease (IMO.)

Oh, and a doctor who is lyme literate should be knowledgeable of the viral roles. Stick to a doctor on the list you were given!

--------------------
Lingering chronic symptoms: Fatigue, Derealization, Brain fog. Monthly fever with flu-like symptoms that last for weeks.
Lyme WB Bands Positive: 31, 41, 58, 66
HHV6, EBV, CMV, & Mycoplasma IGG positive.
Chronically Low CD4 count.

Posts: 106 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wasnt finish....also now that im going to see a llmd dr. in january, should i STOP THE doxy that my

pcp dr put me on or should i finish it up, it was for a month worth.

something has me feeing very ill. i take the doxy 2x a day, i have like 18 more days to go.

--------------------
41+ 83-93IND

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my non-medical opinion, stay on the doxy. It's a good Lyme med.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would stay on the doxy. Cancel the appointment with the ID doc and just wait til the appointment with the llmd.

In my experience, ID doctors are a waste of time and $$.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you read about the Jarishe-Herxheimer reaction?

This might be why you're feeling worse on the Doxy.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

I know a little about the herx, im trying to learn from THIS board, but some people are making it hard for me to ask questions here.

--------------------
41+ 83-93IND

catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Street,

Keep asking questions and ignore or call out any negativity! You need and deserve answers and you just might ask a question that someone else might not be brave enough to ask. That's the way I look at asking lots of questions. I've always been a big asker myself.

Doxy really made me herx and I felt crappy from it but I think it knocked back alot of bugs.

I agree with others, I'd go to the LLMD not the ID doc. The ID profession has a very narrow view of tick-borne infections. My local ID doc told me that I couldn't possibly have had Babeosis even though he was holding my positive blood tests in his hand.

He said that it must be a false positive test because ticks in our area don't carry babs. He was recently proved wrong by a scientific survey of local tick populations- but how many people did he deny the correct treatment for?

This ID doc was reading 15 year old literature that said babeosis was found in Shelter Island and he took that to mean it's only there. But meanwhile, birds fly, deer run and vacationers with babesia go home and move around. So he was wrong!

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too think you need the LLMD. But you have some

serious viral entities that need addressed. He may

choose to treat the lyme first and see how that

effects it or together, depending on your

symptoms. You probably have parasites of one kind

or another too. I agree with cat. You take care

of you and don't worry about negative posters.

Many people who finally find they have Lyme don't

even know where they are much less questions they

ask. just go for it, you will get better.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Street,

You said: " . . .im trying to learn from THIS board, but some people are making it hard for me to ask questions here. . . ." end quote.

--
Others assume there is negativity directed at you. I went back to all your active threads and please do not interpret that as negativity. A lot of people are trying to make this work for you.

It's not that anyone is trying to make it hard for you but with at least 14 active threads of yours on page one yesterday, attention was split as to which questions still needed answers and which had been addressed in other threads of yours. It seemed as if you were not able to read the answer someone posted at one thread and then started another one or more with the same question.

Some of those people here take so much energy and time to give all they have to help - when they are ill, too.

Well, they were just kindly pointing out that the repeat questions and multiple threads had become overwhelming to keep track of and questions seemed to be duplicated and not even get to you.

If you could copy all your threads to a word file to keep track of your questions and answers, you will usually find answers or links to books or articles that explain in detail.

You had said the links don't help much but links are gold in that you can see the source of the answer, not just someone's opinion or one person's experience. While each answer can be good, getting a link gives an answer more credibility and you can see WHY such and such is suggested.

Also, remember that often posting a link is all a poster CAN do - due to fatigue or hurting hands.

Of course, questions are good and people here do bend over backward to help. I think one poster did suggest that unless it's an entire new topic, building onto an existing thread, asking new questions that arise is easier than starting a new thread for each question.

That way everyone can see what the series of questions entail and what answers have been given, - then new questions, new answers - and it can build from there so that either a new or previous poster can have the background needed to best address the questions.

I do hope you find what you need to become healthy again. Everything about lyme is VERY, VERY complex. Start with the key: the best doctor you can find to assess whatever is going on whether lyme or another infection/condition with similar symptoms.

Have you gotten the Singleton Book yet? "THe Lyme Disease Solution" is very good and explains so much - much more than there is space or energy for here.

Also, often, you can search at Google with a term or cross search with two key words and find many links to good articles that will explain something.

A good term to substitute for lyme when you search is "borrelia"

=============================

Here is a basic starter list of articles or books that will serve you well and answer many questions. You might copy and paste to your file for quick reference:

---------------------

http://cassia.org/essay.htm

When to Suspect Lyme - by John D. Bleiweiss, M.D.

=====================

www.lymeinfo.net/medical/LDSymptoms.pdf

Lyme Disease Symptoms

=====================

This explains WHY you need an ILADS-educated or ILADS-member LLMD to determine in lyme is connected to your symptoms and to assess for coinfections, too:

www.clinicaladvisor.com/Controversy-continues-to-fuel-the-Lyme-War/article/117160/

From the May 2007 issue of Clinical Advisor

CONTROVERSY CONTINUES TO FUEL THE "LYME WAR" - (author's details at link)

As two medical societies battle over its diagnosis and treatment, Lyme disease remains a frequently missed illness. Here is how to spot and treat it.

- Article at link above.

==================

Find your local SUPPORT GROUP for help in finding a doctor, etc.

www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates

===================

Post in: SEEKING A DOCTOR

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=2

===================

This book, by an ILADS member LLMD, holds great information about treatments options and support measures:

http://tinyurl.com/6lq3pb (through Amazon)

THE LYME DISEASE SOLUTION (2008)

- by Kenneth B. Singleton , MD; James A. Duke. Ph.D. (Foreword)

You can read more about it here and see customer reviews.

Web site: www.lymedoctor.com

=====================

FILM:

http://www.underourskin.com

UNDER OUR SKIN

DVD is $40. and worth every penny. It explains a lot.

=====================

http://tinyurl.com/5crsjv

Cure Unknown: Inside the Lyme Epidemic (2008) - by Pamela Weintraub

This details what an entire family went through. Having this knowledge of their journey will help others to get better, faster treatment.

http://www.cureunknown.com

-=====================

In addition to the usual coinfections from ticks (such as babesia, bartonella, ehrlichia, RMSF, etc.), there are some other chronic stealth infections that an excellent LLMD should know about:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=069911#000000

TIMACA #6911 posted 03 August, 2008

I would encourage EVERY person who has received a lyme diagnosis to get the following tests. . . .

- at link.

==========================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=020605

MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR LLMD VISIT

From Melanie Reber

-

[ 12-26-2009, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
About the film, if funds are tight, see if your local support group or your library has it. The library could also order on inter-library loan from another library anywhere in the U.S. - however, the waiting list can be very long.

About the books: also some support groups can loan out - or see if your library has them or will order them.

First, though, if you have an appt. soon with a LLMD, I'd just read up on the self-care "rules" & supplement suggestions and get going on those and then let the LLMD sort this all out. I had forgotten to include that in the above set, so here you go.

As you will see, lyme treatment is NOT the same for the viruses you have. However, if you have lyme, that needs to be on the tip top of the list to treat. Most LLMDs also know how to treat the other things you mentioned, but be sure of that when you schedule with the LLMD.

The self-care and supplement sections are good for everyone regardless.

Good luck.

===========

www.igenex.com

IGENEX

==========

Dr C's Western Blot explanation is discussed here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042077

============

www.ilads.org

ILADS

The International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) provides a forum for health science professionals to share their wealth of knowledge regarding the management of Lyme and associated diseases.

links to treatment: http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/treatment_guidelines.html

and

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Dr. Burrascano'sTreatment Guidelines (2008) - 37 pages

----

http://www.lymepa.org/html/dr__j__burrascano_september_20_15.html

Burrascano's Powerpoint presentation 9-20-08

-------

This is included in Burrascano's Guidelines, but you may want to be able to refer to it separately, too:

http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

Nutritional Supplements in Disseminated Lyme Disease

J.J. Burrascano, Jr., MD (2008)

Four pages

======================
======================

Excerpts from Burrascano's work regarding self-care:

From page 27:

CERTAIN ABSOLUTE RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED IF LYME SYMPTOMS ARE TO BE PERMANENTLY CLEARED:

1. Not allowed to get behind in sleep, or become overtired.

2. No caffeine or other stimulants that may affect depth or duration of sleep, or reduce or eliminate naps.

3. Absolutely no alcohol!

4. No smoking at all.

5. Aggressive exercises are required and should be initiated as soon as possible. [Note: NO aerobic exercise, though. See below.]

6. Diet must contain generous quantities of high quality protein and be high in fiber and low in fat and

carbohydrates- no simple carbohydrates are allowed. Instead, use those with low glycemic index.

7. Certain key nutritional supplements should be added.

8. COMPLIANCE!
-------------

and also on pages 31-32 for advice on a safe, non-aerobic exercise plan and physical rehabilitation.

No aerobics are allowed but other suggestions are included.

===================

More great suggestions regarding nutrition are in the Singleton book. Especially, avoid ALL artificial sweeteners. Aspartame/Nutratsweet/Equal or MSG (Google for all its names) are very toxic to the brain can create many of the same symptoms as lyme itself.

As well, a gluten-free diet can help not just the stomach pain but also body pain and brain fog. You can learn more about that at www.celiac.com You might be able to see a difference in even a week's time by eliminating wheat, rye and barley.

This sounds like a lot of work but the benefits can be huge.
-

[ 12-26-2009, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement