LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » tindamax~OMG

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tindamax~OMG
janice victorov
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How bad is/was your herx while using tindamax? This stuff is killing me. I was fine for the first week and now my back is killing me, spine, old symptoms back.

The doctor said that this is supposed to happen and try and push through.

Anyone have the same reaction with tindamax? [confused]

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took it one week per month for four months during my flare week. I couldn't handle it anymore so they took me off it.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... with flagyl!!!! Which is basically the same thing!!

Go easy on it!

HUGS!!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wonko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was to pulse Tindamax, one week on/one week off. I made it through 2 pulses, but it caused a major Herx/flare/relapse. I stopped taking it about 4 weeks ago and am still not recovered.

I put it back on the shelf for now. I know I need to keep treating to get better, but I'm not willing to take that big a set back now. I have recently resumed full time work and the Tindamax nearly cost me that status.

I may try it again while on holiday vacation, but if I do, it'll be in a baby-sized dose!

Posts: 455 | From Was in PA, then MD, now in the Midwest | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take Tindamax 3days per week. First week was killer. Had terrible back pain, abd pain, head pressure, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, felt bad fluey all over.

Each week when I start it again I still flare but not as bad as that first week. Hopefully it will get easier with time.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel I'm plateauing with Lyme treatment, so I'm hoping to take this soon.
Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it 2 days on the weekends and five days off. The first weekend was ok. The second weekend I ended up sleeping for 15 hours. Hope it gets better as I go along.
Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so bad for me. Tindamax is my "go to", nomatter what antibiotics I'm on, I always throw in said cyst buster for good measure. I was up 1 gram daily, divided dose.
Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is just finishing her first week on it. She feels a little worse than she did before, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be, so far.
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tish
Member # 18029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I'm so amazed at the varied responses here. I could not tolerate Flagyl years ago, before I knew I had Lyme. Had to stop it - deathly ill.

My current doc wanted three days of Tindemax every two weeks for three rounds. I just finished the the first three day course and did quite well with it. Maybe that's a bad thing... It actually made me feel better after an initial short herx. I took it with Zithromax for 6 days. The Zithro gave me diarrhea.

I have been using the Cowden Protocol up until this point (5 months). I felt I could not handle antibiotics until now. Also, I added Spiro by Raintree into the mix for two weeks just before the Tindemax. I feel the herbals must be working or I would have had a much more severe reaction to the antibiotics. I am back on the Spiro now that I am done with the antibiotics. Spiro has worked excellently for me. I will do it for the two months that they recommend with the periods of Tindemax cycling mixed in. After that, probably back to Cowden herbs again or any others that look promising. My goal is to constantly switch herbals and to add antibiotics as I can afford and tolerate them.

Tish

Posts: 31 | From TX | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I'm trying to gauge how I'm going to do on this.. and finding out that most people pulse this med?

I just started Tindamax yesterday... 250mg 2xdaily
and I have not been told to pulse at all... just every single day 500mg. So far all I have is general ickyness and some stomach upset. Then again, today is only day two.

I've been on mono abx therapy for 21 months and I've had LD for at least 22 years.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why on Earth monotherapy for 21 months? Do you have issues handling meds? Just curious. That seems quite far out if an ILADS doc treats.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seekhelp... yes, I have a very high bacterial load (I've had LD for at least 22 years but likely born with it (32 yrs ago). I'm also positive for Mycoplasma and RMSF. Bart symptoms as well.
Yes, I have a wonderful ILADS doc.
2 yrs ago I was dying and now I am functional and able to be a mom and wife. [Smile]

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son has been on Tindamax on weekends for about 2 months. I feel bad, because I never know what affects what. He seems the same physically, but I never think of these things if he is particularly crabby or having tantrums at 14 or oppositional or whatever.

I guess it is just impossible to know. The one thing I do know is when he got better, it was very obvious. I can't wait to get to that point again. It was short lived, as he became allergic to Rocephin, but it was a miraculous two weeks.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pj1954
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pj1954     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you can push thru the herx the benefits will be worth it !

first time I did flagyl and tindamax it was a great med for me I saw tons of improvement, my last round I herxed for almost 30 of the 45 days I was on it.

Posts: 294 | From sw chicago suburbs | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement