LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » vibrating, buzzing in legs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vibrating, buzzing in legs
karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live with this horrible vibrating in my legs since years.

I often wake up during the night because of the buzzing.

Today I read that also blood vessel problems could cause this.
Has anybody discussed this with an LLMD?

I was not able to do sports since being sick,
so the leg problem could be insufficient blood flow?

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too. I think it is the blood vessels being inflamed by the bugs that like it there. Could you try diamox? or HBOT?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gravity takes some of the heavy metals to the lower body compartments - jaw - reproductive area/bladder - feet. And the bugs like it there because of reduced blood flow/less oxygenation.

I had to work on both - bugs and metals - to get well. Hope your doctor can help you with this.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane S
Member # 22586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have had this and have not really gotten an answer from LLMD or any Dr. Lots of people on this board always respond with same symptom.

Mine comes and goes with good or bad days. I've learned that various things may effect the vibrations, such as which abx I'm on, if I didn't get much sleep, if I'm on abx break. One time went to Chiropractor who put the electrical stims on my back and I had this intense vibration/tremor as a reaction in my legs and body for 3 weeks.

Sorry I can't help can only relate...I wish I knew what it was...

My LLMD said to try D5 Mucuna? for tremors (never did try it). Xanax will sometimes work, or other calming natural supplements for me.

Posts: 44 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j_liz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_liz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too, but it is minimal now. I had a lymphatic drainage and had a PT that I wasn't familiar with. She broke the carnal rule of no deep massages.

She about killed me! She was massaging my butt with horrible, horrible pressure because I told her I had pain there for a very long time. I was amazed afterwards, not only did the butt pain go away, but so did the terrible vibrations.

I just started getting them back. I have been getting a lot of my symptoms back, so today the LLMD and I decided to go back to giving me the Bicillin injections every 2.5 weeks, instead of 3.

If that doesn't work and they get bad again I guess I will ask for the torturous deep massage.

liz

Posts: 471 | From NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with j_liz. I get those annoying vibrations in my legs - almost feels like the bed is shaking sometimes when I am trying to sleep. I absolutely hate it!!!

I have been getting regular lymphatic massage along with deeptissue massage and this seems to be helping my de-tox/herx quite a bit. I feel so much better for a few days after I get the massage.

I have always related it to a Neuro-Lyme symptom but have never gotten a full detailed explaination of what exactly is going on.

I also find doing some sort of gentle exercise helps me - even if it is stretching. Eventually it calms down. TG

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you guy have leg syndrome

--------------------
IgM: Neg Neg 34IND 39IND
41+ 83-93IND

IgG: Neg Neg 41+

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

GOD GIVE IT, AND GOD CAN TAKE IT AWAY

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all. I will try the lymphatic draining and the PT.

I am low in minerals and I think this might be another problem contributing to the buzzing.
Gigi, you are right the heavy metals are in the feet. But I have it only on one side?

It might be the inflamed blood vessels - but also only on one side. I treat it with high dose vitamin E oil to calm down the inflammation.I also have red dots and broken blood vessels in this area, so this might be infammation.

At least I know I am not alone with this crazy
vibrations.
Karen

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have buzzing and vibrations but it is minor. I could live with it. My big issue is pain. Sorry to hear you are going through this! This disease sucks!

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j_liz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_liz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have stated my vibrations were in my leg. It was much more intense in my L. leg.

As far as restless leg syndrome. Maybe, but I'm not so sure, because I had rls for yrs. It was more of a creepy, crawly sensation that I could only deal with if I kept moving my legs. It was actually worse than the vibrations.

I remember one time when my whole body vibrated suddenly and intensely, just for a second. I wasn't diagnosed at this time, but knew my body was doing weird things.

I was at the chiro's and hubby was there, too. Since I knew my body did weird things I was leaving it up to those two to say 1st that they felt an earthquake. [lol] As you may have guessed, they didn't say a thing about it.

liz

Posts: 471 | From NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthernLyme1
Member # 8992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone with bartonella have this buzzing problem?

Below a link to an older post on the subject
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/53317#000000

[ 08-20-2010, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: NorthernLyme1 ]

Posts: 59 | From Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
INEBG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INEBG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this is an associated problem. My left leg does not vibrate, but from knee to ankle along the shin it looks all bruised and discolored, and can sting and burn intensely. It also swells up at times. The LLMD said this could be from inflammation of the blood vessels and gave me a topical natural anti-inflammatory to use. I'm more concerned about the prospect of having vessel issues than I am about the pain. Are lymphatic draining, massage, and maybe mineral supplements things that will help?
Posts: 212 | From San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jo1
Member # 27570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jo1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a buzzing, vibration sensation for months. Every doctor I told looked at me like I was crazy.

The vibrations can be anywhere. Once is was in my abdomen. Sometimes in my left knee. Another time it was in my right ankle.

I know this sound very weird, but its like something is traveling around in me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posts: 12 | From Maryland | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Internal vibrations seem to be a common problem in people with Lyme.
Before I knew I had Lyme, I was on a fibromyalgia support group, and many there also complained of this.

After I found out about Lyme, I read alot about supplements.
I took magnesium, and the vibrations and crawling skin sensations (parasthesias) stopped.

I suggest that you look into magnesium.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alextaylor14
Member # 25124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alextaylor14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had the constant internal buzzing along with twitching...I am pretty sure its a common symptom of lyme or co-infections
Posts: 39 | From Northern California | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a vibrating in my leg sometimes when I took Tindamax. It felt like my cell phone vibrating on my leg.

I figured it was a herx. My LLMD said this was a common TBI symptom.

I stopped the Tindamax for other reasons and haven't had the vibrating since then.

Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Probably it worked. My vibrating is better since on doxy and 1,500 flagyl a day.I start tindamax now.
Also test for chlamydia pneumonia and parasites.

jo1
Member # 27570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jo1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does TBI mean?
Posts: 12 | From Maryland | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missy Joy
Member # 27685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missy Joy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the vibrating too - and was planning on talking to my doctor about it at my next appointment. It does not hurt but it feels like somebody's base speakers are playing too loud and my foot is picking up the vibration. It fades in and out - just weird! Other times it feels like I'm filled with sand (fatigue) and the sand under my skin shifts and swirls in spots periodically - like on my thigh or my calf or forearm. It is freaky!

--------------------
I've probably had Lyme since 2003, but started treatment after more tick bites in June of 2010.

Posts: 8 | From Eastern Shore Of Maryland | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthernLyme1
Member # 8992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium certainly helps with the twitching and parasthesias but had no effect on the buzzing for myself.

Below is a link to a video on magnesium malate, apparently an effective form for increasing mitochondrial energy. Almost every chronically ill patient seen by this doctor was stated to be magnesium deficient:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLldW2HUR8k&feature=related

Posts: 59 | From Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j_liz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20496

The magnesium doesn't help me, either. I get shots of it at each appt. and take sups daily. It has been an obvious help with lessening my pain levels.

I have read (somewhere) that Lymies are generally mag. deficient.

liz

hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the buzzing, vibrating thing in my legs, and when I get really tired or stressed, then it shows up other places.. even my face.

B12 shots and mag has helped me, but antibiotics are the only thing that really gets rid of it I believe. I've been vibration free at times in my treatment.

My llmd's have always monitored the level of vibrations... if they go away, then we're doing something right.

Wish I had more answers for it too.. it's annoying and almost makes one weaker at times.

One other thought... I'm on Armour for a Hypothyroid (from lyme) and with thyroid issues, a tingling in the legs are a symptom of that. What if some of these sypmtoms are from other issues that our lyme has kicked out of gear?

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jo1:
What does TBI mean?

Dear jo1,
In case this hasn't been clarified yet, TBI stands for Tick-borne illnesses.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have vibrating- it is much better now with treatment 10+ months.

The vibrations used to happen when I fell asleep, in the middle of the night and in the AM. Sometimes I would get 20+ sessions/night and they would wake me up.

Now I am down to 3-4/week.

Treating lyme, and hitting on the babs and bart have all helped.

I also have buzzing- feels like being plugged into an electrical outlet. Lots of fun.

LLMD says all normal with TBI.

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well all of this is just us guessing and also LLMD guessing things.

Nobody knows for shore because there are thousands of reasons to have buzzing ,twitching burning pins and needles symptoms and list goes one and one.

My LLMD on the same question that many of us are making told me "I'm guessing it is lyme and Co".

Some other doc told me hi had patients having this symptoms that have IBS ore damaged gastrointestinal tract.

All us on all this treatment with meds for years have bad GI and for me it looks B-complex IM(not just B12) and magnesium helped also stooping antibiotics for 3 Weeks and exercising made symptom's vanish 90%.

I think nothing works in our body us it should and Who knows are we fighting ghosts ore just have toxic load that needs time to clear up.

But for shure some of us have a lot of infections floating in our body since lyme did a good job lowering our imune system and when imune system is low doesent metter much are we fightin lyme ore another infection all that is hard some of the infection harder to eradicate then lyme.

We are unfortunate people with no help from the medical system and litle help from LLMD (better to say willing to try everything out of the box to help us with prescriptions to kill whatever that they are not sure what it is).

And don't blame them couse not inuff research is done on that field.
So what is left to us is just to try whatever might help.

Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement