LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is anyone taking IV Vitamin C?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is anyone taking IV Vitamin C?
amkdiaries
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amkdiaries   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading how 25 grams or more of Vitamin C can help cancer patients and thought maybe it could help me. I need something to help my suppressed immune system and years ago when I was on IV Doxycycline it was preserved with ascorbic acid and I felt much better than I do now.

Does anyone take it and where can you get it? Thanks.

I don't think that LLMD's will prescribe it.

Posts: 425 | From NY, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back towards the beginning of my treatment, I had IV Vitamin C (75 grams was the final dose) and hydrogen peroxide on alternating days. This was certainly not a miracle cure and I can't honestly say if any improvement or changes I experienced at the time were due to the IVs or the oral medication I was taking at the time.

My LLMD administered these at the time (2004-2005?) though I don't believe he uses them anymore. They are incredibly painful - vitamin C at that high a concentration can damage small veins. You will probably require some sort of PIC or port - after I had one of those, no discomfort at all. There is very limited and sketchy evidence on IV C, but if you choose to undergo it make sure your physician does not add bismuth - several years ago some quack very nearly killed a few people adding bismuth to IV C and hydrogen peroxide treatments.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought you might be interested in reading the thread I started a few days about Vitamin C and killing bacteria and i just pulled it to the top...

Take a look..

: )

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't work and it ruins your veins. Don't waste your $$ on IV C, get IV antibiotics!!!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't ruin everyone's veins and it's used to support the body not rid any one of Lyme disease.

Let's be objective. Not everyone has had bad experiences with IV C and other IV drips, if you know what you are doing, have a good practitioner and have the correct diagnosis.

IV vitamin C can be very helpful and effective in many ways and it's been used for years. If you are using a quack doctor, it wont' matter what he is giving you. You shouldn't be seeing one.

Here's the link SpringShowers posted a few threads down: http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amkdiaries
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amkdiaries   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My veins are so burnt out from IV Zithromax that at this point it doesn't matter. If it helps my symptoms and immune system I'd be satisfied.
Posts: 425 | From NY, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement