LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I have cryed all day :( UPDATE**

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have cryed all day :( UPDATE**
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow..either I am herxing or I am about to die.

Anxiety is beyond control now. Head/neck pain make me want to jump off my roof.

My PCP is thinking that maybe my Cymbalta is causing some of the headaches. Wants me to switch to paxil.

Stopped my pulse of azithro today and started Flagyl.

I just can't stop crying and feeling so panicky.

God give me strength..kit

[ 12-22-2009, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: kitkat32 ]

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there kitkat,

I'm so sorry you are suffering. I have to ask, did this start AFTER the Flagyl or before?

Just so you know Flagyl has this effect on me, it's very severe. I have felt the same way this weekend while not even taking Flagyl but the Flagyl sets me over the edge.

I also know that sometimes antidepressants can do this as well so it could be a combo of things.

I really hope you feel better and find some peace of mind.

--------------------
Never, Never, Never give up!

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jenny,

It started before the Flagyl. I just started that this afternoon.

I pulsed azithro with plaquenil for the last 4 days.

I was actually thinking of committing myself...it is so bad.

I can't handle this head pain and anxiety.

kit

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I did terrible on Paxil, absolutely terrible. It was so sedating that it depressed the nervous system to a point I wanted to kill myself.

I did terrible on every drug in that category - and I tired them all in the mid-90's. Never again. Ever. They thing is that they are all very hard on the liver and can create more toxicity, and that increases anxiety as the brain can't deal with all the added chemicals of the psycho-active drugs.

Magnesium and fish oil worked better for me than any of them. Both will help decrease anxiety. CURCUMIN, too, really helps.

You can even try Turmeric right from your spice jar until you can get some curcumin

B-12, B-6 and B-5, too. P5P, a precursor to B-5 is best.

Gotu Kola has also been a Godsend to help balance out the nervous system.

Anxiety can also be from the adrenal stress that comes with lyme and co. Adrenal support was also very helpful in decreasing anxiety. Ashwagandha and Siberian Ginseng is wonderful support.

But regular cat's claw (not Samento, it will not work for this purpose) helped the most to calm the nerve fibers down, within minutes.

Can you get a nice professional massage? That is very calming to the nervous system and helps the body move out toxins that contribute to anxiety.

Acupuncture, too, can really help balance things out.

There are solutions . . . in the meantime . . . take care.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Thanks for your support.

I have done well before on SSRI's...apparently not this time.

I went to the chiropractor this morning and he gave me a 15 min. massage on back on shoulders and then did my scalp too.

I am taking b6, b12 and magnesium.

I can't believe how I am falling apart. I am NOT suicidal. Just can't stand this constant state.

Just having you guys helps.

kit

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Kit,

I remember some of those hyper times and sometimes the only thing that helped was aggressive rest, closing curtains, covering eyes, no sound or just very soft music.

Breathing slowly and breathing in rhythm . . . it's all hard but that forced isolation seemed to help my nervous system calm down more than any activity to try to forget it. Adrenal support also was essential.

I sure hope you feel better soon.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paxil.. ugh. Maybe Prozac or Zoloft instead? I hear it's extremely difficult to get off Paxil.... just heard it... not experienced it.

Flagyl... oh my there too. If it makes things worse, call your LLMD immediately.

Hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon!!!! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first started treatment, I was on biaxin and plaquenil for a few months. I had such a severe herxheimer reaction that I was hospitalized. One of the symptoms that stood out the most for me was the extreme anxiety and gloom/doom while on plaquenil. I have never in my life experienced either of these issues and it was HORRIFIC for me.

When I came off of the plaquenil, the anxiety and crying subsided. Granted I still had a lot of other physical symptoms and treatment but at least the mental health was better. So, I'm not sure whether it was directly a product of being on plaquenil or a herxheimer but either way, I couldn't take it!

Just try to be patient while you try to figure things out and know that you will. Keep in mind it can take time for some of these drugs to flush out of you body so you might not experience immediate relief.

Posts: 561 | From mass | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kit,

If you are considering Paxil I would like to tell you that:

A. It was the only SSRI that touched my anxiety. I was so anxious that I found it difficult to sit still and lost 20 pounds in about 2 weeks becasue my body never 'shut off'.

When the paxil kicked in, it was like a miracle.

That said, it IS a very difficult drug to come off of. The first time on, I tried weaning and experienced a lot of side affects.

The second time, my doc switched me to Prozac for two weeks and because of its longer half life (prozac) it was very easy to stop the meds. No withdral whatsoever.

I have episodic anxiety now, nothing like the gut wrenching anxiety in the past....that is almost unbearable.

Wishing you the best and hoping that you are able to get this under control!

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you feel better SOON [Smile]

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for venus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kit,

I am right there with you. I am having terrible, terrible anxiety right now and I am trying desperately to figure out why - herx, hormones, anti-depressants. It is terrible. I can't help you except to say that I am right now down there in the trenches with you. PM is you need to release.

As my lyme friends always tell me, remember it is the disease. It is not you.

Hugs,
Kathy

--------------------
Severe neurological problems. Probably sick for years. Became chronically sick in Aug 2007. Undiagnosed for another 15 months. Started treatment for lyme and bart Sept. 2008. Improving, but very slowly.

Posts: 515 | From washington dc | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure hope you feel better soon. I have had similar anxiety and depression when starting drugs. It is so hard to get through. Maybe back down a little bit on the abx until you feel better.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kit,

I am going through the same anxiety, shortness of breath all the time crap too. I feel spaced out, like I work in slow motion suddenly for hours. I am taking biaxin and Tindamax currently.
Make sure you are evacuating your bowels at least once a day, toxins will build up in the intestine and be reabsorbed, prune juice, syllium power, all that, keep the gut moving to eliminate toxins.....take care and I hope you feel better...take ATIVAN when needed, just GET some.....Richie

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Thank you all for your kind replies.

I ended up waking my husband up at 3 this morning. I kept having nightmares that I was killing myself..they seemed so real.

I was shaking uncontrollably and could not stop crying and pacing/trembling.

Neither I or my hubby knew what to do with me.

I used to see a psych doctor back in 2005...called at 8 to see if I could get in but they had nothing until March. I don't want to go there now anyway because what kind of office tells a suicidal patient that they have to wait until March?

We called our PCP and hubby explained what was going on. He is not on board really with the whole lyme dx but was very helpful today.

He..not his nurse talked to my husband. He said to give him 15 mins. and he would find me someplace to go.

Within 10 mins. he called back and had an appt. scheduled for the next hour with crisis intervention.

Hubby drove me down and because of the condition I was in they wanted to admit to the psych unit.

We had a long talk with the psychiatrist and he agreed as long as I wasn't left home alone I wouldn't have to goto hospital.

He said for me to continue the switch to Paxil but told me I HAVE to take 0.5mg of Xanax 3 times a day until this gets under control. He said even if it's the lyme causing it the xanax will at least help calm me a bit.

I have a call into my LLMD to keep them up to par and see if they think my current treatment might have caused this.

This happened to me once before when I took Tetracycline.

Sorry so long. Just wanted to update every who helped so much.

Gonna go lay down for a bit.

With love...kit

aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad you got someone to respond. hope you will become stabilized now. good for you and your husband to advocate on your behalf.

you are worth it.

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kit,

I just saw your post (been off site for a few days--trying to catch up)

I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain, but I am sooo glad that your dr got you in so quickly to see someone.

Sounds like a dr that truly cares---thank the Lord there are still some out there! (:

I see you haven't posted since yesterday,I hope you're getting rest and I pray you are feeling better!!

As for the "long post" don't be silly---that is what we're here for.

I am sure many others feel as I do, I don't know what I would do without this site.

It has truly been a blessing finding this place.

WHENEVER you need someone to talk to or support...GET ONLINE!!!!

It always seems like someone is on.. no matter the time of day..or nite.... lol

I guess we are all like our "own little mini crisis, support, 911" life line group.

Please keep us posted.

God Bless,
karen

[group hug] [kiss]

P.S. I agree, thumbs up to hubby for support [bow] [woohoo]

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Thanks so much for your kindness.

As for rest..not getting much. I am physically exhausted but my sleep isn't peaceful. I have this constant headache and neck pain which is making me so miserable.

When I do sleep it is for several hours a night and then I wake up at 3 sometimes later with either an extreme headache or extreme panic.

I took ambien for sleep last night but still got up at 3.

I have had this before but never this bad. I think if the head and neck pain would let up a bit I would do better.

This forum is a godsend to me. I have a very supportive husband but having others who have been through similiar things really helps.

I truly think I am crazy. I don't know how I am going to dig myself out of this.

kit

kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Forgot to add that I spoke to LLMD yesterday. He wants me to stop all meds for a few days and then start again even slower after I feel better mentally.

kit

Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good plan. Hope it helps.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you are well today Kit. Yay for: Your husband. Yay for: Your dr. And yay for: Xanax!! It will take the edge off, I promise.

I used it to help me quit smoking almost five years ago, and I felt psychotic. Keep it at a steady level in your system. God bless you.

Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and P.S., Flagyl completely freaked my brain out. Your dr. is right about stopping all lyme treating meds and restarting at lower levels.

"Go low, Go slow."

Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pryorka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pryorka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I cry I tell myself it's not all bad, at least i'm detoxing to some extent.
Posts: 499 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so great to hear all the support you are giving Kit. I know so well these feelings and in fact am in a mess myself right now.

My LLMD did warn me about Flagyl. He said he hesitated giving it to me because it was tough to handle. That's why the Bicillin shots instead.

I take Resperidone for anxiety and it seems to help. I probably need to increase it, though.

The constant pain, confusion and exhaustion are hard to endure day after day, year after year. I've been at it over 20 years and hope and pray that we are at a turning point.

My new LLMD said we'll go slowly and that sounds like good advice.

Having this support group makes such a wonderful difference in my life. Thanks to all of you!

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siciliano
Member # 15920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siciliano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Kit, I sent you a PM. I so related to you--I have experienced the EXACT same thing as you and I had to send you a PM and tell you that you are NOT alone.

I cried every single day for over 3 years!!! I mean every day, 24/7. It was so hard, it was hell on earth.

I am so thankful for this board, I just don't know what I would do if I did not have this site to come to every day. All of us have to stay together we have to lean on each other, we have to be there for each other--this is so hard to deal with at times.

I swear there have been times when I honestly thought I was going to "lose my mind", it makes you feel like your crazy inside. This is such a long, hard road.

Farraday, it is so wonderful to see that you are still with us. I remember the very first time you came to us and you were looking for a llmd in California and I gave you my list of names. You are such a nice lady and you were so sweet to me.

I now have a pretty long list of llmd's in California and tomorrow (wait, that's Christmas) or the next day I am going to send you this list because I don't think this is the one I gave you and I want you to have it so I will PM you and send it.

Farraday, I hope your new llmd will take things slower for you and you know we are here for you. Thank God for this site. We have to be there for each other.

You both can PM me anytime for anything, I will help you whenever you need me, you can count on me. [group hug] [kiss]

--------------------
I'm sorry but I am no longer accepting any private messages due to my own battle with lyme.

Posts: 3897 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Thank you to each and everyone of you for the tremendous support you have offered me.

I am still one anxiety ridden mess but I am uplifted by my support I find here.

Peace to all, kit

missextreme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missextreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kit,

Hang in there, and take it a minute at a time. I was there. It is awful and even past hell (and I do not swear). When I started my most intense Lyme treatment, the torture lasted about 2 months. You can do it. Maybe it will get better next month, who knows? I thought mine would never-ever go away

Exercise. Eat right. Sit in a sauna. Do coffee enemas. Lie down to rest (even if you can't sleep)

Pretend you are normal, until you can't anymore.

I did the Miss Wyoming Pageant and got 2nd runner up while I was in the middle of everything. It distracted me, since performance anxiety was nothing compared to Lyme anxiety. The scholarship money was fantastic, and so was forgetting my problems for a bit, too! I still can't believe I was able to do it in the midst of everything, but I am so glad I did.

Let me know if there's anything I can do!

Posts: 204 | From Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siciliano, I am so grateful for your early support when I had just gotten dxd. I was in shock because for so many years I was told that I was bedridden because of CFS.

Getting through the meds is tough. You don't know if you are herxing or just getting worse. I will see my new LLMD tomorrow to find out if he will continue the Bicillin injections or get more drastic.

I am so weak and trembly. I grind my teeth until they literally break off and my jaw feels broken. My legs hurt, I'm dizzy and exhausted.

I spent most of Christmas lying on my granddaughter's bed. It was wonderful to be with her. I helped her set up her new laptop from her dad. The grandkids called me to beg me to come....how could I refuse?

My five year old grandson said grace for the whole family. He listed all the things he was grateful for and I was included. There was not a dry eye in the room. He was amazing!

So happy New Year to all of you! There is a silver lining out there somewhere. You just have to be diligent and keep looking for it!

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
db
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for db     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand exactly how you are feeling. I, too, experienced that at the beginning of my treatment. Pls. don't hesitate to tell your doc if the xanex is not working. I couldn't turn off my motor off, couldn't sleep, and had excrutiating pain in left shoulder, neck and into head. The thing that helped me finally with that pain was (2) 600 mg of neurontin 3x/day. 2x/day helped but it was only the 3x/day that finally gave me relief. Even the pain meds didn't provide that kind of help. I sure hope you feel better soon.
Posts: 153 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement