LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » multiple sclerosis and lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: multiple sclerosis and lyme
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anybody else have MS symptoms with the lyme or is it lyme???...........I picked up some drs office notes today and she has basically written that she is not convinced my persistant symptoms are lyme ? MS or other infection such as bartonella, which she tested for, dont have results yet....she is my pcp, now i'm really worried it may be something more aswell as the lyme..........

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister was diagnosed by a neurologist with MS at the beginning of her illness. Soon after that diagnosis, she was tested for lyme disease by a LLMD. After lyme treatment, she is completely without MS symptoms (and the spots on her brain which showed up on her MRI) have begun to heal.

In other words, she did not have MS. She had lyme which made it appear she had MS.

Lymers

Posts: 287 | From Humboldt County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Florence do a search here...button is under "post a poll" at top. It is not bold so easy to miss.

There is tons of posts on the MS/Lyme topic.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you both...I tend to think its the lyme...but it has frightened me a little that it could be something more.......

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Florence1:
thank you both...I tend to think its the lyme...but it has frightened me a little that it could be something more.......

Think about it - other outcomes have no treatment (cancer, MS ,alzheimer's ). There are tons of MS patients improving on ABX (check out thisisms forums).

What you have to lose? defintely check out if there any cancer possibility but MS is idiopathic ( they dont know what causes it ) and MS "treatments" only provide temporary relief.

Ohh btw it can be not lyme!( was your igenex wb positive?)

Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were you I would wait for lab results.

If I remember correctly when some MS patients

brains were autopsied they found spirochetes in their brains.

The types or species of spirochetes each of us becomes infected with,

may determine some of the illnesses which manifest themselves.

Not enough research in this area.

If one were to do a search on ALS and MS plus antibiotics one may find a link.

It's just my opinion backed by enough reading here and elsewhere,

as well as conferences I've attended over the years...but part of the lists are...

Fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome as well as

autism have been linked to spirochetal infections.

At the very least TB/Illnesses. Unfortunately ticks and the pathogens they deliver,

have just not been researched nearly enough for any solid conclusions...

Awhile back, I read where a man died of dimentia,

shortly after stopping his antibiotic treatments.

The abx did abate his symptoms, as well as they have my psychological problems

through the years.

Sad to say however his doctor or family or he himself decided the abx's

were just a side affect or some other such idiotic conclusion.

There are many syndromes/diseases that may very well be linked to Tick Borne pathogens.

Whenever we get enough money passed thru congress too make it worthwhile for scientists

to study the many diseases associated with and delivered by ticks.

Some day, the naysayers will stop accusing we lymies of being too paranoid when we attribute

our symptoms from ALS to Parkinsons thru the alphabet of unknown etiologies for the things

that make humans ill.

Some of us may live long enough to be vindicated.
Others, unfortunately will not and others will never know that antibiotics may just have saved

their or a loved ones life and needless pain and suffering before their death.

Many times I've suggested to people that they ask their doctors to just try antibiotics.

"What have you got to lose"?

Only to have my advice fall on deaf ears. Muted by the mainstream caregivers of themselves or

loved ones who are left in the dark about these diseases thru ignorance, greed

and self-ritious scientists that cannot admit their errors.

Sorry for the soapbox/Truth sometimes comes out of me!

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement