LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Removing the Alcohol from Homeopathics (Pekana products)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Removing the Alcohol from Homeopathics (Pekana products)
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to remember how my old ND told me how to flash the alcohol out of these Pekana products.

I just put them in a glass and poured boiling water over them. I'm going to drink it when they cool off.

Is this the proper way to do it? For the life of me I can't remember, and I can't find anything on the internet about it. I think this is correct, but I'm wondering if it changes the effect of the homeopathic?

Thanks guys.

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S.

Happy Holidays [Smile]

Merry Christmas Eve too you guys... <3

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I had wondered if that would work with homeopathics. Thanks for that note.

Do you know if that is for ALL homeopathics or just the Pekana formulas? Or would it depend upon the specific rememdy?

As for that method with herbal tinctures, it will also work if tincture is made from roots, vines or stems

- but not if tincture is made from the top of the plant such as from buds, leaves or flowers as their properties are more delicate in nature can can be destroyed by the heat.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Good to know about the herbs Keebler! Thank you!

So you heard that you can do that to Pekana products too?

I found a website that said you can put homeopathics in hot tea, but that's not necessarily boiling water to extract the alcohol. I'll keep looking for info and if I find any, I'll definitely share it with you!

Has anyone had any experience with this with pekana products?

pryorka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pryorka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A doctor i saw had me take some of those. I thought they were traditional spagyrics so that's why I agreed to it. But i boiled the alcohol off, problem was one time I boiled the water off too and there was nothing left... that' when I realized they had been diluted to nothing like regular homeopathics. So really I don't know what to tell you, you're just drinking water and alcohol anyway it turns out.
Posts: 499 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are this many people really sensitive to a drop of alcohol? Is is because on Flagyl or just the principle of consuming it? I know Keebler you have issues, but your circumstances seem extremely unique compared to others here. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Well some homepathics actually call for tablespoons of this stuff seekhelp...

pyorka, so if I pour boiling water in the glass AFTER I've added the drops to the glass (I don't boil the drops with the water), it cooks the remedy out with the alcohol? Darn.

I've read though that homepathics are more effective in warm water anyway...but probably not boiling hot water...

pryorka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pryorka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No no i meant i did that by accident when i left it on the burner for too long. That's why i was saying I thought those pekana products were true spagyrics, but they are just water and alcohol like other homeopathic drugs. But if there was anything else in the homeopathic solution you would see it even if you boiled everything out just like you would with herbal tinctures.
Posts: 499 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that homeopathics differ from tinctures, but I'd like to share what I did to remove the alcohol from tinctures to see if it may be relevant.

When I was using the Nutramedix Samento and Burbur, I could not have alcohol. I researched and found that I could boil a cup of water, pour it into a cup, then put in the specified number of drops I was taking. Wait 20 minutes. Drink.

I have also done this with some Bach Flower remedies.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boiling homeopathics will cancel the homeopathics,as far as I know.

That is how the homeopaths cancel the imprint on an instrument used in homeopathy: through heat.

That's how I do with spoons or containers I used homeopathic substances once.

I agree Pekana has too much alcohol. One way I use such products with my small kid is: I take any alcoholic homeopathic substance and redilute it once more (usually I add about 90% of water to it, sucuss it 100 times). And give this dilution to my daughter.

If the original homeopathic dilution is a 50% alcohol, in the end you'll get only 10% of it, about 5% (if my calculations are right?).

If you still can't tolerate that, redilute it again, same way. The only problem with these redilutions is that you can't keep the product for more than a couple of days (like you would keep drinking water).

The change in dilution wouldn't cause much change in the effect of the homeopathic, in most cases. If it's a C dilution, you can dilute 100 times (one drop of original substance to 99 drops of water)! then you certainly won't get much alcohol in the end.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeopathics are NOT herbal tinctures.

The way to eliminate alcohol in herbal tinctures is usually by adding boiling water.

Not the case with homeopathics because of canceling (or diminishing) its effect.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Darnit. My ND told me that in order to activate homeopathics though, you have to put them in warm water. They said you could put it in hot tea. I've been heating water up until it slightly bubbles (not a full boil, but very hot), then I pour it over the drops in the glass, and let it cool until I can drink it.

Do you think that's killing the homeopathic?

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doc said to put the drops under your tongue. I'm using Deseret Biologicals stuff. Will this work? Please tell me yes.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Brussels: Subjecting homeopathics to much heat will either nullify them or reduce their effectiveness.

Don't even leave a bottle of homeopathics in your car for very long (because the heat can build up in there).

LittleLymie, I don't know where your ND is getting this advice to `activate' homeopathics with warm water, but I'd find out if I were you. Maybe this advice comes from Pekana? I've never, ever heard of such a thing before.

Seek, drops or pellets under the tongue is the `standard' way of ingesting homeopathics.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Little lymie: I wonder too, like Tracy, where does your doc took that info from (of warming homeopathics). I guess bit of warmth won't do much bad, but boiling it is almost certainly no good.

I visited a lab producing homeopathics some time ago. They re-use their tools or containers AFTER using heat to 140 degrees centigrade (above boiling temperature) for about 10 minutes.

When the tools come out from this stove, they are considered to have nulified the imprint from the previous homeopathic product. So heat is certainly used as one way to cancel the effect of homeopathy.

Seek: Under the tongue is traditional way, I agree. But don't boil these products before. Another way I love using homeopathics is rubbing (if it's got alcohol).

If I know a product is used for the liver, for example, I will rub on my liver. There's better absorption with alcohol if done this way, according to my homeopath.

If I know it is used for lymph, I'll rub all over my body, on lymphatic nodes.

Another very good point to rub is inner elbow. I usually take a couple of drops under the tongue and then rub to 'magnify' the effects.

If I use it to kill something somewhere, I will rub in the area close to the infection (after taking it under the tongue). And so on...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement