LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rapid Pulse, Heartburn, Winded?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rapid Pulse, Heartburn, Winded?
momintexas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on Day 43 of Doxy and the last couple of weeks I have been noticing a rapid pulse and feeling winded. Every time I go upstairs I'm completely winded and can feel my heart racing. My BP is right at 120/80 which is actually a little high for me. I'm not overweight and up until I started on antibiotics I exercised daily. Now, I'm just too tired to do it. Simple, every day tasks now totally wear me out. Oh and the heartburn is an added bonus too...... Has anyone else experienced this at all?
Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is about when my air hunger and heart palps started too....I'm not really sure why it started about a month into my treatment, but it did.

I guess its a herx, and your body is working to rid the bacteria.

Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
motownlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for motownlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please make sure you are staying upright for at least an hour after taking your doxy. I too have all kinds of issues with shortness of breath, racing heart, etc. It went away but has come back in the last 6 weeks.
Posts: 237 | From WV | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hate doxyyyy

--------------------
IgM: Neg Neg 34IND 39IND
41+ 83-93IND

IgG: Neg Neg 41+

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

GOD GIVE IT, AND GOD CAN TAKE IT AWAY

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my heart beat was 132 once I rose from bed this AM, this has been one of my biggest complaints

and I am sick of the 100 beats per minute all day long (at rest). Is there anything we can do to bring this heartbeat down.

My blood pressure has always been perfect, 110/72

This tachycardia scares the %^&%$ out of me. The soreness in the left upper chest too....

I really hate this crap, won't it ever end ??????

[Frown]

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had the soreness in my upper chest too and am thinking it may be heartburn. I bought some Prilosec yesterday and the pharmacist said to make sure I take it for at least 4 days in a row in order to get the full effect. She also said it won't provide instant relief.

I will make sure to take my evening dose earlier as I tend to take it shortly before I go to bed.

Maybe its from our bodies working so hard to try to rid ourselves of this that it puts us in overdrive??? I agree though.....it IS scary.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on doxy for 6 months. Be sure and take it with food to avoid serious espophagal issues. Also don't lie down for 2 hours after taking it.

Some of your symptoms may be the doxy killing the spirochetes. When they die it releases toxins into your body and makes you feel worse.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure you are eating with it, as suthern says!!!

Hope the heart stuff settles down. Contact your dr or ER as needed.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, make sure you do not lie down for 2 hours after doxy and take doxy with food. I've had the heartburn issues before that did go away.

Now, the air hunger...I'm still dealing with it.

I know the heart stuff is scary too....hang in there!

Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so out of breath. It is scary at times. Yesterday my LLMD started me on new blood pressure meds and I already feel better. He said they will slow down my crazy heart without making me more tired.

PM me if you want to know what I am taking.

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nemo
Member # 22783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nemo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed some of the same symptoms mentioned.

I already take atenolol for the left over damage caused to my heart from rheumatic fever I suffered 33 years ago.

This is my second lifetime battle with a long term bacterial infection.

I'll fight a virus any day of the week over this!!!

Occasionally I have palpitations and a feeling like I can't get a good deep breath.

For me, it's being caused by gas. When I told the doctor about it, he agreed.

He said everything was pressing up on me when I got gassy causing the palpitations.

I watch what I eat, especially on the hi dose Doxy.

No fatty foods. I tend to tolerate olive oil better than other oils.

No rich foods.

No high sugars.

Remember the good old days guys and gals when we could eat whatever we wanted and not worry about it?

It could always be worse.

A good friend of mine wrote me yesterday. On top of having cirrhosis as an aftermath of chemo therapy for Hepatitis,she now has diabetes, a blood sugar of 500 and vision loss.

She is my age, middle 50s, and the last line of her last email summed it up for all of us.

We are too young to be feeling so old.

Feel better soon.

ALL OF US!!!

--------------------
Why don't they make Front Line for humans? Think about it!

Posts: 78 | From North Eastern Missouri | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Thank you for all of your replies! I think the combination of Prilosec and making sure I take my evening dose at dinner rather than bedtime seems to be making some improvement.

Nemo, I remind myself every day that "It could always be worse"! I think thats great advice to remind ourselves to try to be positive and that the side effects are happening for a reason. Some days thats easier than others though! [Wink]

It does help to be able to come here and get advice from those who are also going through or have been through it during those scary times when things happen that the doctors don't tell you about.

I am so glad that I found this site and grateful for all of the support everyone provides. Thank you.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement