LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Fry 87207 Special Stains Hemobartonella

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fry 87207 Special Stains Hemobartonella
Jeff S.
Member # 21361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone that has received the "this is suggestive of Hemobartonella" statement in the fry test would respond with their treatment history.

Please post the abx(s) used to treat, dose and whether symptoms responded to treatment.

I am in the middle of a debate with my llmd as to how to proceed with treatment.

Thanks very much.

Posts: 43 | From Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested positive on the fry test for possible bartenella, Hemobartonella, mycoplasma. There's definately something on my cells but I guess he can not decern what exactly it is.

I did bartonella treatment with Rifamphin, alinia, mino, plaqunil, and pulsed flagyl. I have tested positive on igenex for babs, erchilcia, and lyme but never bart.

If you're looking for a solid bart treatment Rifamphin and mino for 4 months I felt big improvements in my congnitive function. I just retested on fry and all igenex and I am waiting for the results.

Good luck

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested positive on the fry test for possible bartenella, Hemobartonella, mycoplasma. There's definately something on my cells but I guess he can not decern what exactly it is.

I did bartonella treatment with Rifamphin, alinia, mino, plaqunil, and pulsed flagyl. I have tested positive on igenex for babs, erchilcia, and lyme but never bart.

If you're looking for a solid bart treatment Rifamphin and mino for 4 months I felt big improvements in my congnitive function. I just retested on fry and all igenex and I am waiting for the results.

Good luck

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have something on my blood cells, highest ever seen.
Fry called it protozoan or hemobartonella. The two years before he called it bartonella.

Always negative for bartonella on igenex or labcorp or Quest. Nothing else. Only band 41 elevated.

Doxy, rifampin, zitromax,15 HH, allicin, coptis,
not better.But the count went down from extreme to few.

Now 6 days on flagyl, feeling great at the moment.

Thanks for this post Jeff, it is an intelligent idea.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff S.
Member # 21361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
karenl

Very Interesting. Band 41 is the only elevated band for me also. I also am negative for bartonella.

I did doxy and flagyl for five months and my lyme(?)symptoms did not respond much.

So we switched to rifampin and tindamax to see if the blo would be affected. I am in my 18th day of rifampin and I think I am feeling some improvement but it is hard to be sure.

I will post again if I have any stronger conclusions. Please do the same.

Thanks for your response.

Posts: 43 | From Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff S.
Member # 21361

smiles132002

Thanks for the post and the good wishes.

Good luck to you on your pending test results.

karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,

for me rifampin was useless.
Band 41 can be all other bugs with a tail.
I think in the beginning doxy helped a little.
There are some people here with only band 41.
Please post again later.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest you contact the lab or talk to the doctor to make sure you understand the labs and results.

There is still confusion and misinformation all over the forums and you should get your information direct due to the ever changing info and specifics due to the research and evolving discoveries and changes..

Better yet have your doctor call the lab or doctor directly.

It is never ending frustrating to see posts where many are still stuck in past time frames and do not have the most updated information.

I would love to try to add in what i know but I have tried doing this many times and there are always more people behind or in the next thread to post in that same manner and it never does seem to be ..

Call...

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff S.
Member # 21361

springshowers

I am sending you a pm. Thanks for the info. I am seeing my doctor next week. But, I still would like your opinion.

karenl
Member # 17753

springshowers,

my doctor tried to call and talk to Dr. Fry for weeks. He was sometimes more than 45 minutes on the line waiting.

Dr. Fry is never available and never calls back.
My doc left his privat phone FOR EVENINGS AND NIGHTS and even his cell. No response.

I also tried it and was told by the lab girl that he do not talk to patients. Unless they a healthy enough and can travel!

It is frustrating when you do expensive tests and he does not give you any explanation what they found.
Without any information or leaflet the money for the test is a waste.

This is the reason why there are so many posts about Dr. Fry and so much anger.

Also they definitely have to explain how they test, that they only look under the microscope and can only tell the shape and size of something but not what it is.

I believed for years I was tested for bartonella till the girl told me they only see a cocci- shape and cannot tell what it is.

If you pay for a test and then get the explanation: suggestive of protozoan,
every patient is confused.

springshowers, I know you try to help as much as you can.

springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not know what happened but I would assume that the doctor would answer other doctors calls. Maybe something happened in this case...

But I do know it can be hard to get through as someone how is not his patient or another doctor. But I also know of and have heard of many who have gotten through to him or the lab and actually they gave them lots of time on the phone..

What needs to be cleared up is when your doctor orders the tests he himself have to explain to you why he/she is ordering it and what it might show them. You should know that ahead of time anyway...For years many people assumed the smear test was showing them bartonella. The Hemobartonella is a Mycoplasma and not is the same as bartonella. The name is confusing ...

Also there are now more than one bug and that has made people even more confused..

Everyone is at different levels of understanding and due to the nature of research everything is and does change and evolve.

There is no one central spot that keeps all this updated but it would great if there were.. ....
Maybe someday someone will start a blog.. like the lab or something.. that would be great..

Until then.. I would keep on talking to your doctor about this and get an explaination from the beginning.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement