LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » People with Babesia - what are your symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: People with Babesia - what are your symptoms?
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please post your symptoms.

Were treatments with antibiotics helpful or not?

My doc thinks it may be an issue for me but I don't want to feel ill from abx for 3 weeks or more just to find out.

My feeling is that I don't have it. From what I hear, the tests are inconclusive. So, how do you know you have it or if the abx are effective.

I do not have air hunger or night sweats.

All the best...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely have babesia.... Both Igenex tests were off the charts positive.I'll tell you my symptoms but there may be an overlap with lyme.....I also never had air hunger or night sweats.

Severe chills.....especially with my feet
A repeating electric shock in my eye
Dizziness
Internal vibrations
Nausea
Pain on scalp

There's many more symptoms but they are probably more lyme related. Could you provoke a herx by taking Artemesian? Hope this was helpful

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joysie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joysie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine were chills,very heavy arms and legs, daytime sleep urgency,feeling tippy and off balance but not vertigo and weight loss. I still have some night and am sweats and slight brain fog at times that I think are/were babesia.
Kris

Posts: 520 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chills, super heavy legs, some breathing problems, brain fog, head feels like a rubber band around it, horrid fatigue, sometimes need to take mid-day naps, anxiety, off-balance feeling, nauseated occasionally. I'm not sure if I have Babesia, but I did have a 1:1,024 IgG titer through LabCorp was WA-1.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I tested positive for Babesia with a PCR screen from Clongen labs.

My symptoms that I THINK are babs are: chills, heaviness in body and chest, shortness of breath, nausea, weight loss, migraines, heart palps, dizziness and off balance, sensitivity to light and vision issues, and severe brain fog.

Usually LLMD's will use combo meds such as Zith, Mepron/Malarone and Artemesinin.

--------------------
Never, Never, Never give up!

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katrina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have babesia duncani and only tested positive after four years one the Fish test and titer.

Like the others it is hard to say what symptoms are specifically babesia.

The things that have got better with treatment are the off balance symptom, shortness of breath, extreme fatigue(unable to walk up stair without feeling like I would pass-out), night sweats, severe arm muscle pain (burning feeling).
Also, chest pressure was a big one as well as a slight cough.

Hope that helps,

Katrina

Posts: 219 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wendihk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wendihk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was postive for PCR, FISH, and the other test all in one blood sample! The LLMD said I was the first person ever to test this positive.

I have extreme nausea and gastroparesis, slightly off balance (vertigo), fatigue and anxiety. I also have Lyme so I don't know if any of this is overlapping. I also lost a lot of weight.

Posts: 114 | From New York | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't seem to have any of the same symptoms with those of you that do have babesia.

I am equivocal and being treated for babesia and these are my symptoms:

Pain in my leg that moves from my knee, to my ankle to my foot. Sometimes edema in one leg. Urgency to urinate which comes and goes. Head tightness and pressure (swelling by the temples). No night sweats, but some when overheated during the day or blow drying hair. Achey left arm, and generally feeling lousy. Blood pressure that fluctuates. Low grade fevers occasionally.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! From what I read, it can be asymptomatic in people & many don't even know that they have it.

I dread doing abx again but nothing seems to be helping - alternative or regular medicine. I guess it's worth a try.

I'm going to have to research it further. Please post any info you may like to share about it such as alternative treatments, did treating babesia help you in general to feel better, etc.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement