LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lymph Drainage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lymph Drainage
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.getamassage.com/manuallymph.html

I'm thinking of starting once a week therapy ^^^

What do you guys think? Anything I should be warned about?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds wonderful and I wish every patient could get it.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would just make sure that the massage therapist specifically trained in lymphatic drainage.

Also drink lots of water on the day of (and after) the massage.

You might feel poorly and/or like you're herxing after the first few times.

Posts: 398 | From By the Salish Sea | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would google the ST-8

4-6 treatment with the st-8 is equal to 10,000 lympth massage hours according to DR J

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
steel,

What does that mean.

UPDATE:
Just got back from the massage... 90 minutes long and it went well.

I got up to pee after the first 30 minutes and almost fell down I was so dizzy lol

I can FEEL my blood flowing better.

She said she has never come across somebody with so much lymphatic drainage.

I said, "you've never had a Lyme patient." : )

I can tell that doing this once a week will help tremendously with detox. I'll update how I feel later. I'm expecting to feel pretty crappy by this evening.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, i'll have to try this, cane. Thanksfor the info.
Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have gotten them regularly. When I was sick, I would feel bad the rest of the day. It's important to drink a lot of water to flush it out.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cane
just means that DR J thinks the ST-8 is a 1000 times better then a lympth massage

http://www.teslartech.com/st8.htm

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

steelbone,

I don't believe in any electromagnetic fields being good for the lymph system.

The lyymphatic system is hampered when cross with electro-magnetic fields.

Even my therapist turned off her plug in blanket I was lying on as she performed the massage.

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Sounds good to me cane

But I will beleive DR J says first

BUT u must do what u think is right..thats most important...

Hope the massage really helps you out a lot.

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

canefan17
Member # 22149

Ya, can't fault you there. You're right... gotta trust ourselves.

By the way... you a diehard Husker fan?

I'm a HUGE Miami hurricane fan. My paps played ball there.

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Yes i am a diehard Husker fan

well aware of the history [Smile]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

canefan17
Member # 22149

hahaha

I miss the old Miami Neb orange Bowl classics.

Did you see The U documentary?

nebraska was mentined quite a bit.

I really like Osbourne and always have.

LizaLu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizaLu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got a referral to a local clinic specializing in Lymp. Drainage. My referral said it was for chronic fatigue syndrome and weak positive Lyme bands.

I hope it will be enough for me to qualify. Here's the Edema Treatment Center's qualifiers for this treatment. I think LYME qualifies because of our problems with detox, circulatory dsyfunction, and chronic inflammation stuff.

Conditions we treat
We treat swelling resulting from:

* Post-cancer treatment
* Chronic venous problems or post blood clot
* Congenital (primary) lymphedema
* Orthopedic swelling
* Repeated cellulites
* Trauma
* Neurological conditions

We also treat

* Scar adhesions/soft tissue restrictions in the treated areas
* Decreased range of motion
* Posture changes
Nerve irritation: pain, numbness and tingling
* Decreased ability to perform activities of daily living
* Pain
* Cording or Axillary Web Syndrome (development of ropey tissue that feels web-like and restricts movement.)

Treatments we offer
Edema therapists are physical and occupational therapists with advanced training in edema treatment. Services they provide include:

* Manual lymphatic drainage - a massage-like treatment that helps remove lymph fluid
* Education regarding lymphedema prevention and management
* Soft tissue mobilization/scar management
* Range of motion, posture and strengthening exercises
* Nerve gliding exercises to help reduce nerve restrictions
* Pain management
* Exercises to help the lymph system drain fluid
* Recommendations for medical compression garments if necessary

Most health insurance plans provide coverage for edema treatment with a physician's prescription. Check with your insurance provider regarding coverage.

Posts: 123 | From Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Anybody ever heard of jumping on a mini trampoline for lymph drainage
NanaDubo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes on the mini trampoline. Gets things moving.

Also chi machine will help with lymph flow along with dry brushing.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

I do everything Nana said just about daily

rebounder is my favorite of the bunch

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been doing the mini trampoline thing too. It seems to help.

I don't actually jump, I just bounce, my heels are the only thing that leave the rebounder. I can only do it for 3 or 4 minutes at a time.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to do a serious of cold laser lymph drainage treatments that were quite amazing and worked really well...!
Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was looking for a certified lymph drainage therapist, I encountered warnings about using this therapy when you have infections. Our doctor had warned me to be sure the therapist was certified specifically for lymphatic drainage. I finally found one. She did a minimal treatment, at our request, to see how she handled it. Within hours, my daughter had a fever and respiratory symptoms emerge.

Has anyone else had anything iike this happen? We finally settled in integrative manual therapy, which is helping her a lot.

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

lymeout,

That typically happens after a lymph drainage.

A good lymph therapist is going to be putting A LOT of built up toxins into the blood stream.

You have to go home after and detox it the best you can.

I didn't get as sick as your daughter but I was having some flu-like symptoms.

made me VERY tired.

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might be a good time to pour the detox

products into the system. But I have not

experienced the professional lymph massage so I am just guessing

it would help.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement