LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone NOT have floaters in eyes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone NOT have floaters in eyes?
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering how common this is among people with Lyme. Does anyone NOT get them, ever?

I only get them when I am in sunlight, or am outdoors. I don't get them indoors (unless I'm looking out the window and it's sunny).

My LLMD mentioned to me that the micro-filaril worms ARE a concern for people with Lyme, because there have been studies that have found these worms in ticks, so we need to assume they can be spread. He thinks that drugs in the Flagyl/Tindamax family help take care of them.

So it made me wonder about the floaters. I know they say floaters aren't bugs...but I can't help but think it's possible.

Sometimes if I hold my eyes really still, I can get a very detailed look at the individual ones, and sometimes it looks like they are literally squirming, or some of them almost look like it's either two stuck together, or they are reproducing (either sexual or asexual reproduction...I'm assuming it's asexual, and they are dividing off). IF they are even living, that is.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't EVER get them. Sometimes makes me wonder. Cause I thought that vision issues are very common with lyme. I have NO vision issues (knock on wood). I do get eye pain though.

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally Hoos, something that we don't have in common -- never had them. In the beginning, I did get blurry vision for about 2 weeks but that was it with eye problems.
Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to, but drinking mangosteen juice stops all Lyme eye symptoms for me.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get them-have them TERRIBLY!!! One of my worst issues...very bothersome and I believe they are Bb...IMO.

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
back2game
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for back2game     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have floaters, blurry vision and peripheral vision loss so I cannot drive. I've never been able to look that closely at the floaters, though. New to this site so I'm learning tons. It feels creepy that part of the problems could be actual lyme bacteria. Thank you all for all your knowledge.

--------------------
CNS Lyme 05/08 - EIA 1.16+, IGG 18+, IGM 23+
01/11-IGM 31 Epitope Positive
01/11-IGM 31+++, 41+, 58++, 83-93+, 23-25IND, 39IND
01/11-IGG 41+
Vasculitis 01/07,MCTD 05/06,Fibro 11/04, Myofascial PS 11/03
Embedded Tick app. 1990

Posts: 136 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yupper, got em bad. Like a flock of dark birds. All lyme docs I've been to say it's part of the illness.
Not sure how to get rid of them.

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MazzyStar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MazzyStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get them bad too, mine look like circles with something in the middle. And mine move also...creepy.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Ehrlichia

www.mommalyme.com

Posts: 276 | From Kansas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I have candida under control most of my eye symptoms go away.

I think yeast can cause a lot of these problems (floaters, etc)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to. Sometimes I occasionally still see them, but rarely. I do have the grainy vision however. Funny, I just saw a floater just this exact moment of writing the last sentence. Oh well.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have them. I KNOW they are bugs. When I am on abx, they are gone, save for the first one I ever had, which I feel is eye damage. oh, and they move and change shape all the time.
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have them too really noticable in light, looking at a pale surface etc.....never thought they might actually be bugs....dont really want to think about it.....is that really what it could be????.

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they are bugs how could people get rid of them with Mangosteen.
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have them either. I do have very dry sensitive eyes. Thank goodness, no floaters.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have them. I know people who don't have Lyme & have them, too.

Technically, I don't think they are "floaters". I think that term refers to people who see spots due to a detached retina or other problems inside the eye.

Once is a while they go away. It happened for a few days when I was taking Humaworm. They came back pretty quickly. I do think they are some kind of parasite.

I recently sent my doctor some photos of all the parasites I passed over the summer when I was doing cleanses. I'm waiting to see what he says. I asked him for a prescription for Ivermectin. That's what they give people who have parasites - specifically Strongyloides which is a filirial worm (spelling?).

It doesn't kill every parasite but it is supposed to be effective against a few varieties. It is not tested for complete safety, though. People with AIDS take it fairly regularly. I'm thinking about whether to take it or not.

Sometimes, for me, it's just better to go with the herbs. The more I learn, the more it seems like viruses, retroviruses, & anything that making the immune system work hard will leave us open to various parasites.

The eggs are everywhere - in the water, on veggies, meat, pets, in the soil, when you dust or vacuum... If your immune system can't fight them - they will live in you to a greater or lesser degree.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they're bugs. The eye is not capable of seeing such small organisms without support. However, I do believe that inflammation caused by active infections inspires the optic nerve to misfire and the brain receives images which are misperceived because the signal is being interrupted.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that's true MB. I've seen photos of people with big worm things in their eyes. It's gross. I think parasites can live in the eye.

Some types of parasites are very small. I don't think it's beyond reason to have small things skittering around in there.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canefan17:
If they are bugs how could people get rid of them with Mangosteen.

Hi Canefan - mangosteen juice is an anti-inflammatory antioxidany juice. It has 43 xanthone compounds in it from its ground-up rind that scarf up free radicals produced by inflammation. It's handling the inflammation byproducts in the eyes and body.

There are lots of brands. I drink the Ultra one with 70 minerals added.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the replies, everyone.

I don't know that they are bugs for sure, I just think they might be. I don't think they are spriochetes, because I see so many of them, and it doesn't make sense I'd have that many spirochetes freely floating around. And also, they don't really look like spirochetes to me.

I always assumed they weren't bugs, until the day I saw the first one literally wiggle like a worm. They weren't just moving because they were "floating" across my field of vision; I have seen multiple ones twitch or wiggle. And not wiggle as if to move in a direction, just kind of wiggle in place. But the movement looked very coordinated, (not random as if the object was dead). Strange, I know.

And then sometimes I'll see two stuck together, and one will be moving and the other won't be. I've never seen two stuck together where they are both moving.

Sorry if I'm grossing anyone out.

As a symptom, it doesn't really bother me that much, because it doesn't really affect my vision. I can ignore them. The only thing that bothers me is that I notice they're worse when I feel worse, so when I go outside and see tons of them, I'm like, "grrrrr." It's kind of bad for morale, if that makes sense.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I'll update if anything makes them go away. Might try some of the suggestions here.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... I am laughing.

Not at you but because this topic is once again being argued here.

One of the most fought over topics I've noted on LymeNet over the years are if the floaters are actually bugs or not.

I mean really nasty fighting has occurred over this topic... so please.. know that they are NOT bugs no matter how much you think they look like them.

Check this out...

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

Also note.. if the floaters do not move and you see one or more black specks in your vision... and the same black specks are in the same spot and level when you focus on different things... you need to pay attention.

Mutton fat.

When the minute globs of inflammation come together they can form what looks a bit like mutton fat when seen by the docs.

I've actually seen what looks like a screen (from a window) across my eye ball at times.

I also see these large black spots (shadows) too that are more stationary than regular floaters and much larger.

If this happens you need to see your eye doctor ASAP.

But before there is a knock down drag out.. these are not bugs you see... they are shadows.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ME!

Mangosteen improved my vision. I have the proof from my eye doctor.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpottedRocky
Member # 11970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpottedRocky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have these things too. Tons of them I bought a very bright sun lamp off of ebay just so i can see them better. Takes some time to train eye too focus on them If there in the right place i

can see them in great detial. Once i'm able too i can see them in great detial. Looks like an extremeley long thin thread like worm. some curve and bend alot and others are mostly

straight. All of them have the exact same diameter but different lengths if i can even make out the lengths. I've also seen

something similar to what hoosier was saying, looks like groups of two or more of them together sometimes it will look like a dark clump with there thin like bodies coming out in different directions. sometimes i can make out

the tips of the heads and tail. There definetely real. I've never actually seen them move but I have notice some of them changing position If i can focus on it a few days later. Some do not change position at all though so i think some of what i may be seeing are tunnels they use to migrate from place to place.

If anyone is seeing the same things as me and use an extremely bright light and with some patience in training the eye to focus on them you can litterly see hundreds of these things.

Posts: 37 | From Ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Staring into bright lights to see floaters is NOT a good idea.

They are shadows... and they are not alive... so please find something else to do that doesn't damage your eyes any further by staring into a bright light!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpottedRocky
Member # 11970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpottedRocky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shut my eyelids doing this still very bright but i don't think its bright enough to do damage. Kind of like looking up at the sun with your eyes close.
Posts: 37 | From Ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

I have a friend who I love dearly, but she is a rather odd creature.

Staring into bright lights just to see squiggly lines sounds like something she would do to entertain herself.. till someone popped her on the head with a rolled up newspaper and said ... "DON'T DO THAT!"

I always wondered if her strange behaviors had anything to do with the fact she was born in Roswell, New Mexico.

If you haven't heard about Roswell...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_Incident

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Hmmm...I am partially convinced by what Tincup posted. But, that doesn't explain why they move sometimes.

About 50% of the time I see them, at least one or two are moving. Not "floating," but literally moving in place, while they are floating.

So could this "debris" described in the article actually move? Does that make sense? (I'm not asking rhetorically, I'm really wondering if that makes sense).

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Vitreous detachment... That sounds reasonable. Thanks for clearing that up, Tincup!

I do think parasites can live in the eye. I've seen photos. The common stuff we see seems to fit into the concept of vitreous detachment as in the reference Tincup posted.

Finally...

Is there anything we can do about it? It didn't say much in the article. Eye drops? Lutein?

PS - Maybe it's from staring into the computer for a long time???

B4LYME
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B4LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have floaters now, but I had them in 2001 during my first round of treatment. I relapsed last year after extreme stress.

Overall the relapse isn't as bad as the original time with lyme, though it's still rough.

Anyway, when I did have floaters they looked like litle highlighted squiggly hairs floating across my vision. Almost like what i think a piece of dna would look like.

After treating for a couple of months, they went away.

Now during my relapse my problems with my eyes are more about focusing.

For what it's worth.

B4LYME

Posts: 144 | From PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MazzyStar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MazzyStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My old doc gave antibiotic drops for the eyes. Hmmm....would that kill spirochetes in the eyes?

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Ehrlichia

www.mommalyme.com

Posts: 276 | From Kansas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
f13girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for f13girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no floaters- but optic neuritis/optic nerve damage!
Posts: 200 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No--I never had them but did get vision issues
in my left eye. Blurry or pain or cloudy.

Posts: 476 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had them...and after using humaworm...they are now gone.

Don't know if they are die off from parasites or parasite related at all. But a great result of using that product was clearing eye floaters for me.

They were very noticeably gone!

Also, I think many of us are talking about different things when we say "eye floaters"

The ones I speak about are thin hair like squiggly looking pieces...kind of look like what the lyme spirokeet looks like in the microscope.

I'm not taking about flashes of light type floaters that some have.

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement