LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What are the signs that there is a problem with gallbladder?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are the signs that there is a problem with gallbladder?
xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

Icon 5 posted      Profile for xoxoxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On way home from a friend's, I had to pull the car over because my stomach had the most severe pain I'd ever experienced in the stomach. It came on so quickly and it was an hour before I could sit upright enough to drive the rest of the way.

It's constant and directly in the stomach just below my ribcage. The pain finally died down but it's far from being gone. Never threw up and a Pepcid has done nothing to improve it.

I'm on IV Rocephin and I know it can cause gallbladder issues but I have no idea what to watch out for. Is it like an appendix where you would feel a pain in the area of the organ or is it a serious of digestive issues?

Thanks

--------------------
----------
Danni

Posts: 311 | From Glen Mills, PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's on the mid-right side, you're describing it perfectly.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxoxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's right in the middle, right where I imagine my stomach would be.

--------------------
----------
Danni

Posts: 311 | From Glen Mills, PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gall Bladder Symptom List

http://www.skyeherbals.com/pages/gall2.html

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxoxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes! Based on that, it might be my gall bladder!

Is there anything else I can do to reduce the possibility of it continuing?

My LLMD has had me on generic Actigal to help prevent problems.

--------------------
----------
Danni

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not doctor of course. This stuff often doesn't disappear on it's own no matter how much we wiah. If your urine gets darker, GET to the ER ASAP. Fevers, vomiting, etc...seek medical help. My Dad almost died neglecting it according to his doctor many years ago.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

If it happens again or any of the things you mention, for sure I will go to the ER.

My doctor is planning on switching me this week to IV Doxy and I thought I remember reading that is easier on the gall bladder?

Will stopping the Rocephin help?

Would anything unusual show up in my blood work if there is a problem with my gall stones? My blood is taken for weekly tests.

Also, can they break up gall stones with ultrasound or something?

--------------------
----------
Danni

kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think your blood would show up anything unusual. You would have to get a hida scan to confirm it's your gallbladder.

Some people try a natural gallbladder flush. You can google "natural gallbladder flush" to get the recipe. Look for Dr. Hulda Clark's formula.

I have never tried this myself, but I do know people who have tried it and said it works.

I'm not sure if it's safe to do this on the IV antibiotics. Maybe someone can give some advice on this subject.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxox:
No, it's right in the middle, right where I imagine my stomach would be. [/QB]

Could be the pancreas!!

Is it a burning pain or like a huge spasm??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My right side where liver and gall bladder area are, used to feel like they were a punching bag. Those were the early years when I didn't realize how toxic I was.

Once I learned the success of detoxing my body with many different methods my liver and gall bladder (including right side spleen pain) were no longer an issue.

When your major organs are screaming out to you... it means they are in need of support and are having a heck of a time keeping up with their functions.

When the organs are mad, they play havoc on the rest of the body.

Take care, Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd call the MD and tell them what is going on.

I had similar pain, but in my case it was gastritis

I'd be careful about any kind of gallbladder flush. It could actually make things worse.

I have read on this site where people were on actigall and rocephin, but still got stones.

Probably the best thing you can do until you know for sure is go on a low fat diet, since your gall baldder won't have to work as much.
In fact, did your pain get worse after eating a meal with high fat?

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, try the low fat diet... see if it helps. It would help both the GB and the pancreas.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Where is xooxoxoo?????

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I was just laying down for a bit. I have also packed a bag for the hospital in the event it happens again.

kidsgotlyme - Thanks for the tip about the natural gall bladder flush. I'll check it out and ask my LLMD about it.

Lymetoo - I guess the pain was a burning kind. It was very severe right in the upper stomach area. There was no movement like with gas and the pain didn't matter what position I was in. The pain was a slightly different than heartburn and it did not travel up my esophagus like heartburn pain can sometimes do. (I rarely ever have heartburn and only very mildly on the occasions that I do have it). How does pain from pancreas problems differ from gallbladder ones?

Amanda & Lymetoo - Yes, I had just had some meatballs about a half an hour before. I will definitely be sure to start watching m fat intake from now on.

Pam - My suspicions are that my body is having difficulty detoxing the die off. I think I have been herxing the past 2-3 weeks. A previous round of abx had me experiencing intensified symptoms too for a few months until a little while after I went off. Must be I was unable to detox then and maybe now too?

The whole thing has been very scary but I appreciate all of your recommendations. My next LLMD appt is this week but I'll call them tomorrow to let them know.

Thank you!

--------------------
----------
Danni

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hulda Clark liver flushes are very harsh. I am in favor of alternative medicine but those flushes are pretty extreme.

Some people swear by them but you really have to be cautious. There are milder ones you can do.

I'm glad I did the flushes, ultimately, but I got very ill from one I did last year.

If you are used to experimenting with your body & natural cures - it can be a very extreme experience. You really have to do alot of research about this.

I wouldn't rush into having my gallbladder removed, either - unless you absolutely have to. There may be alternatives.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericaf
Member # 10929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ericaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danni,

I had gallbladder attacks when I was on the Rocephin and I had to stop. I'm glad i did because then i was able to keep it and with time to repair the damage done.
It's true that the Hulda clrk flush is harsh but it saved me from having surgery. I didn't use the epson salts because I have trouble with sulfates but it still worked and took the pain away.
What really worked for me in the long run is traditional chinese medicine. If you have access to a practitioner that could make you a personalized protocol that would be very good to clean your liver and gallbladder.
I know dr.Zhang has a gallbladder formula. it's called Gall#1 but I have never tried it even though it was recommended to me.
I would get off that Rocephin before it does to much damage.
I wish you the best.
Erica

Posts: 81 | From Italy | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It more a liver flush, however between the liver and gall bladder, if you were to peak inside. You might find a large population of candida and possibly parasites. They are the disrupters of digestion. It is why Hulda Clark recommends using blackwalnut hull tincture.

I found out the reason you might get really sick is due to electrolyte loss. Google Keith Morey and liver cleanse. He has a youtube on a modified HC protocol, I think is outstanding.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/THRiiiVE/videos/45/

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Well, the pancreas pain for me is right in the center .. in the upper stomach and sometimes extends to the right side.

GB pain was mostly on the right side and wrap around pain on my right back at the waist. However, I did initially have sharp pain in the center of my chest with the GB.. up high like heart pain.

When my pancreas hurts, it's usually from ANTIBIOTICS. The cephalosporins like Rocephin are the worst for me. I'm not on Lyme treatment, but I sometimes have to take abx for sinus infections and such.

This last time, even the zithromax gave me pain in my pancreas. Scares me since I need to KEEP that thing!!

I agree with what someone else said, switch meds to save your GB or pancreas.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD wants me to get an ultra sound done to check my gallbladder.

AHHHHH what do I do now?

i had to stop abx's

http://www.chineseherbsdirect.com/dr-zhangs-liver-formula-160-ct-p-1916.html

^^^ This any good?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canefan,
I looked at that link, and this is not the Dr. Zhang who has a Lyme protocol.
But the Traditional Chinese Medicine formulas can be effective.

I've also seen a formula called "Stone Free" that has good reviews at iHerb.com.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So can Ceftin cause this?

Most people say Rocephin will do it to ya... but I thought they were referring to IV Rocephin.

Not ceftin

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out www.gallbladderattack.com

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Hmmm I'm not having pain o right side at all.

It's all left side and under left ribcage.

Screams of spleen!

But my entire stomach is bloated.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement