LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Driving a car increases symptoms....WHY? I feel like I will pass out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Driving a car increases symptoms....WHY? I feel like I will pass out
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Difficulties focusing,
severe twitching,
dizziness......

The Bell�s Palsy gets much worse as well.

Could it be the electronics in the car causing the Flare?

Could it be that the micobes don�t like the electrical fields, like some kind of rife?
Crazy thought perhaps....

Anyone else out there with the same expericence?

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too much stimulation for the brain perhaps?
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treelady
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Treelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is too much brain stimulation as well. The grocery store or mall does it for me. If you have ever had a concussion it is the same feeling.

--------------------
Treelady

Posts: 39 | From California | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That happens to me while I'm in the passenger seat...I can't even imagine trying to actually drive the car! Kudos to you for trying.

I also notice that if I'm in a car that has an air freshener, or "new car smell", or I'm in the car with someone who is wearing perfume, hair spray or fabric softener, I start twitching and can't see straight and get dizzy too. Does your car have any chemicals in it? It's harder for your body to process when you're in a confined space like that.

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for responses!

My car is 10 years old and the chemicals I don�t know about.
Yes maybe too much brain stimulation.
Horrible anyway, like everything with this disease....Ah I just HATE it.
It really sucks.....I can feel quite well, some days, but if I have to go by car it all gets MUCH worse....

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have severe gastric duress while in any vehicle or machine.

It felt like an endless volcano of gas coming out of my mouth,,every 10 seconds or worse.

I always thought it was the motion setting it off.

but since found out I am severely allergic to electric motor fields

When at its worst was bad enough restless leg was a component. And nausea the result.

I accidently discovered for ME,,that chewing gum or eatting sunflower seeds eliminated all sxs.

Still havent figured out all the ins and outs of that one.

It has gotten better with time,,altho sometimes comes roaring back,especially if I am too warm.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand any kind of fragrance or perfume in the car either--and cigarette smoke, forget it!

We just got a new vehicle recently, and I can't stand the new car smell. My older son feels the same.

I'm actually better when driving than as a passenger; I think because I have something to occupy my mind so I'm not thinking about my symptoms.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After driving for 4 hours one day and realizing not only was I a danger to myself, but other drivers as well, I gave my car to my sister in Portland.

When driving long distance one night, I ended up checking into a motel and finished driving the next morning. I was waging $60 or my life as where I lived had dangerous, winding, mountain roads.

I will drive short distances (a couple miles), but not too much further. I stay away from busy roads. When you stop at green lights, or if you are suddenly between two lanes on the highway not knowing how you got there, you know you should be off the road. Then you get anxious, and suddenly it's like you are driving on 20 shots of tequila.

Not fun. Be safe.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would guess toxic stuff from the inside, plastics,fire retardants in the textiles....
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
In addition to replies above,

http://www.vestibular.org/vestibular-disorders/symptoms.php

VESTIBULAR SYMPTOMS

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tif
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tif     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, it is definitely overstimulation. I experience this in other settings as well.......but being in a vehicle more than 15 minutes at a time causes me to have symptoms (sometimes very severe)

--------------------
TL

Posts: 365 | From OK | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people with fibromyalgia get severe motion sickness in cars. It may be a chemical sensitivity or something that happens to the brain chemistry.

I read that someone with fibro uses wrap around dark glasses to cut back on visual stimulation. I think they also use natural essential oils in the car to block out fumes from other cars or various chemicals.

I have seen in car air filters that may help if you think you are sensitive to fumes.

I read that the Prius (partial electric car) actually has more electro-magnetic "pollution" inside the car than regular cars... So, if you are sensitive to EMFs - it will make symptoms worse.

Could be a number of things which cause this problem.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement