LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Detox foot pads...do they work?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Detox foot pads...do they work?
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking of getting some for my daughter..I thought it would be an easy way for

her to detox but do they actually work and if so what kind?

Thanks,

Deb G

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sort of skeptical.

Someone on here says they just absorb salt and your sweat at night...

So the pads turn brown and you're convinced they work.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm..... I have been wondering about these too.
Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think DR K says they work....

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
july
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for july     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dateline had a special on these quite a while back. They are supposed to turn black after pulling the toxins out of your body.

They left them set out on the counter overnight and they turned black. Must have been the toxins in the air.

They basically said they are a crock of sh- -.

Posts: 111 | From northeast Iowa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats what I'm kind of thinking...
Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can do cheap footbaths, works even better.
There are several possibilities.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son swears by them. I have never tried them.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used them every day for a year and credit them as a major component in my recovery. That said, there are many different brands out there now, as opposed to when I first used them, so let the buyer beware.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used them as a trial. did nothing for me,

dont waste your money.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried many, if not all the brands, and the only one worth using IMO, if at all, is health marvels.

I don't see any novel response to this product, and IMO the $$ could be better spent on something that is more likely to work such as chlorella, ACZ, detoxamin, milk thistle, medcaps, etc etc.

Karen what are your footbath options?

Thanks

Derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they work for increasing circulation by creating heat and sweat in the feet. I doubt they pull metals out of the feet. They may help increase detoxification by increasing heat in the body.

Now can you heat your body more effectively for much less money, absolutely!!!

Can you increase circulation in your feet much cheaper. Again absolutely, it might be a better idea to invest in some essential oils that stimulate circulation and some really good socks.

http://www.smoothtoe.com/medical-socks/diabetes-faq/faq-4-is-there-a-sock-that-will-help-increase-blood-circulation-to-my-feet/

Are these detox pads a scam, and I'd say no, there are health benefits to using them. Are they worth the money, I'd have to agree with merry and derek. Don't waste your money, we need to leverage it as best we can.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ott70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ott70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought the foot pads were a way to tell what was in your system but not a method to detox your body. My wife and her mom tried some brand once. They wore the pads overnight and then mailed them in to the company. The pads were tested for contaminants and they were mailed back the testing results.

I don't think the pads they used were meant for detoxing but just a way to tell what crud was floating around in their bodies.

Whether the results were accurate or not, she never had an easy way to find out. I think we can all pretty much guarantee we have toxins in our bodies.

Posts: 194 | From Colorado | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used them for a long time and even sent them to my friends.

i noticed that they made my feet really tingle and hurt.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw an article that said when they were tested, they didn't actually do anything.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only share my person experience. I used them for months last year and they increasingly got lighter and lighter. Very dark in the beginning.

I don't think that means my feet weren't sweating as much!

They are not all created equally and the good ones are meant to pull toxins. Many nerve endings in the bottom of the feet.

I use the ones from Health Marvels and Steelbone is right, Dr. K does say that they work.

There are several labs you can send them to. They will tell you what is coming out.

Health Marvels also tells you exactly what is in them.

I have left them out over night having fallen asleep before I remembered to put them on. They did not change color.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Thanks NanaDubo....I will look into this brand!

deb g

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also used the Health Marvels Brand for many months at a time and they did get lighter as I used them. In the beginning, they were dark. I felt they were working.
Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement