LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » question about Bartonella treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question about Bartonella treatment
pas
Member # 22416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your help!

Wondering if anyone here has had success treating Bartonella with Zithromax?

Or a combo of Zithro and Rifampin?

Posts: 95 | From Maryland | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using zithro and rifampin for over two months with a little progress but I just went to the doctor today and we are going to try something different. There are a lot of people that have good results with it. One person mentioned in the book was cured by a combination of zithro and another drug closely related to rifampin, which is why I wanted to try it. There are many different strains of bart and BLO so I guess you just have to try it to see if it works for you.

[ 01-29-2010, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pas
Member # 22416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your reply. Do you know if it is safe to combine Zithro/Rifampin with Rocephin?
Posts: 95 | From Maryland | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neffer, one LLMD told me that using those combined should be done very carefully. [Smile]

Not bad to get ideas from the board/other people's experience, but ALWAYS check them out with your LLMD .... of course, for scripts you have to! But you also have to be careful combining herbs.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nefferdun,
I"ve done zith with mino or omnicef and knocked Bart back. But all the symptoms came back after I stopped. Hope you find something that works.
Robbie

Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on Biaxin last summer for 2-1/2 months. It finally kicked the Bartonella.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just started rifampin a week and half ago, combined with zitro (low dose zitro)...not sure if helping... I was taking zitro/bacrtim DS before which I seemed to like better.

Will keep taking until LLMD visit in mid Feb. and see what he says.

I feel worse than before so not sure if thats good or not.

Good luck and
God Bless,

Karen (:

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pas
Member # 22416

Thank you all so much for the feedback. I know we're all individuals, but it helps me so much to know that I *might* be on the right track here!

Of course this will all be up to my LLMD...just want to be prepared when I see him next week.

I have to be really careful with certain meds because of other health problems (namely Addison's disease). Rifampin is kind of a no-no, so I guess we'll just have to play that one by ear...

But the Doxy seems to be fine and I've taken Zithro without a problem before. I think those should hit the Lyme, HME, mycoplasma...and then just have to find something to target the Bart and/or L-form Lyme!

Levaquin won't work for me, which is why I asked about Zithro/Rifampin.

Thanks again!!!

Leigh

lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biaxin killed Bart for me, but it took about 9 months.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement